Over Modding.

    Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

    • iRonik wrote:

      Please, do keep in mind, that you're a customer to TG, not the Travian Forum.

      As much as the customer is always right is somewhat true, though people to overreact, it's not exactly the case here.
      But who is running the forum? TG.

      People should just stop using the forum, to show TG that the current forum crew doesn't know da wae.
      I'm speechless.
    • Quoting a message a user has been banned for is normal proceeding and should be followed. I can guess that in some cases it hasn't been like that, I am sorry for that. Will do our best to make sure that every team member follows that standard.

      For me the best option that works tbh is polite and constructive dialogue between the customer and the company representatives. Something like that we're trying to achieve in this thread (among some others).
    • New

      Ameno wrote:

      Quoting a message a user has been banned for is normal proceeding and should be followed. I can guess that in some cases it hasn't been like that, I am sorry for that.
      You know that no one in the current forum crew have quoted the message, that violated the guidelines...unless the user ask for it, yourself included.

      So why not say that instead of acting like you usually do it?
      I'm speechless.
    • New

      Lemon wrote:

      Ameno wrote:

      Quoting a message a user has been banned for is normal proceeding and should be followed. I can guess that in some cases it hasn't been like that, I am sorry for that.
      You know that no one in the current forum crew have quoted the message, that violated the guidelines...unless the user ask for it, yourself included.
      So why not say that instead of acting like you usually do it?
      Rechecked all the warnings I gave from the beginning. I also made this mistake, you're right. Once. With your post. Please, accept my public apology for that.
    • New

      Care to explain why a logo of a website was deemed ''advertisement'' and resulted in the removal of my Signature?

      It didn't contain a link or anything to specifically advertise anything, and if that is considered advertising, then simply having a Batman signature/avatar is also considered as an advert.

      Or is it just me that lately some forum staff woke up on the wrong foot... ...many times per day. :rolleyes:
      :)
    • New

      Ameno wrote:

      Lemon wrote:

      Ameno wrote:

      Quoting a message a user has been banned for is normal proceeding and should be followed. I can guess that in some cases it hasn't been like that, I am sorry for that.
      You know that no one in the current forum crew have quoted the message, that violated the guidelines...unless the user ask for it, yourself included.So why not say that instead of acting like you usually do it?
      Rechecked all the warnings I gave from the beginning. I also made this mistake, you're right. Once. With your post. Please, accept my public apology for that.
      Not wanting to bang on, but where is mine and Cali's public apology?

      Winner of the Stand out Award 2017
      "For all the work she has done on the forum this year"


      For small mercies, mHudson and an awesome community, be grateful
    • New

      Ameno wrote:

      Rechecked all the warnings I gave from the beginning. I also made this mistake, you're right. Once. With your post. Please, accept my public apology for that.
      Still looking for the public apology from the guy we agreed on needed to make one to get the forum back on track? Or am I the only ine who can't find it?
      I'm speechless.
    • New

      Re: warnings. I've had 5 recently (first time i've had any since '13 but thats no matter). 4 of them were from the same individual Moderator. None of those 5 followed the standard procedure that you've said Ameno. I'm pleased that on this thread we've had an open discussion and TK especially has been quite receptive but it seems like you're the least receptive and straight forward here you're the only one suggesting that the procedure has been followed in the majority of cases (thats what your language implies at least) when everyone is telling you it hasn't been.
      Look what I found of mine from the old UK forum!



      Gaul WWK: Converter - Battle reports Travian
    • New

      Hello Everyone

      Look we have fought these fights already and think we have come to a solution to the main problem that you all have brought up
      and that is the forum member who is receiving a warning or ban to have a better open communication with staff or myself.

      I posted this yesterday and we intend to try it out but arguing again on something we have already agreed to fix is pointless.

      Lets see if what we have in the works works before diving backwards into an empty pool.


      Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES
    • New

      Templar Knight wrote:

      Hello Everyone

      Look we have fought these fights already and think we have come to a solution to the main problem that you all have brought up
      and that is the forum member who is receiving a warning or ban to have a better open communication with staff or myself.

      I posted this yesterday and we intend to try it out but arguing again on something we have already agreed to fix is pointless.

      Lets see if what we have in the works works before diving backwards into an empty pool.
      Is this arguing? I feel it's more of a constructive discussion that will continue until we see an improvement, not matter what stage your proposed solution is at. Don't squash a perfectly reasonable discussion. That is why you disliked by most of the community.
    • New

      Templar Knight wrote:

      Hello Everyone

      Look we have fought these fights already and think we have come to a solution to the main problem that you all have brought up
      Sorry to jump in here, but the main problem is not that the users can't communicate while banned, the main problem is that the forum staff all are straight up bad at what they do, and the fact that people have to post things multiple times to the public to get it done.

      Probably all comes down to laziness of the current staff members.

      @Administrator maybe something you could bring up at HQ?
      I'm speechless.
    • New

      Actually maybe used the wrong expression (please, forgive the non-native). I understand that this proceeding is often not being followed currently (or at least not by everyone), but it's actually been a part of moderation guidelines. What I decided for myself after raising this topic is that I need to send specific explanation (and a reminder) on that exact matter to every CM and ask to deliver that to each forum team member. Will do it today.
    • New

      It always used to be followed on UK and US forums. Was for as long as I have ever been a member here. It only stopped being used in the last couple of months. Moderators always followed professional guidelines and warnings were clear and precise.

      Also, please can you teach your CMs writing in English how to spell "through". There is no such word in the English language as "thru".

      Winner of the Stand out Award 2017
      "For all the work she has done on the forum this year"


      For small mercies, mHudson and an awesome community, be grateful
    • New

      On old forum the message in question as well as predefined warning message had been created automatically and all what moderators needed was just to add some words to that warning (optionally). I am now looking if we can have similar feature on that forum. By now - a reminder sent.

      Removed couple of posts from here. Though (as a non-native) I don't see much difference between 2 words in question, none of them look ok for me. About what's in the dictionaries - well, (long ago) when I learned English, I used Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English to look up for words I don't know. Well, it contained all kind of words, but that doesn't mean they are appropriate on forum.