Over Modding.

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Sorry, Lemon, but it'd be nice from you, if you post similar message without using words, that are not tolerated on this forum. And I agree, that the given replacement is not so nice as well. I believe that you are a smart and intelligent person with a large vocabulary, so it wouldn't be that hard. Thank you in advance.
    • iRonik wrote:

I would also like to ask a few things about moderation, but you've blocked ways to contact you, so I guess it's irrelevant anyway.
      I have certain reasons why my pm is closed for users. I had it open for a while after forum merge, but pretty soon got buried under 100s of requests from the users on all languages and it kind of blocked my other duties, because what I did all the time was actually answering the questions / redirecting them to the right people. I opened conversation for you just this one time though. You can ask and I will reply. But please, don't expect that I'll be on this line forever. Thanks for understanding.
    • Ameno wrote:

Sorry, Lemon, but it'd be nice from you, if you post similar message without using words, that are not tolerated on this forum. And I agree, that the given replacement is not so nice as well. I believe that you are a smart and intelligent person with a large vocabulary, so it wouldn't be that hard. Thank you in advance.
      That's exactly why I know words like that...

The post was edited 2 times, last by MuchachoNL: removed the word that was repeatedly requested NOT to use ().

• @MuchachoNL MiniKnight...

Please show me where in the guidelines it says that said word is not allowed?

Once it's in there, I will stop using it.

You removing words that are fully accepted into the English vocabulary is what we refer to as censorship, which isn't really allowed now in 2018...And fairly sure it wasn't allowed in 2008 either, since it seems like TG are 10 years behind everyone else.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lemon ().

• A Senior Community Manager told you it's not allowed, and you keep using it anyway.
      There can never be a fixed list of bad words, as that list would need constant adaptation, and is language specific.
      Also it would need explanation that any form of misspelling it is also not allowed, and the notion of self-applied filtering of parts to get the general idea across with actually saying it, etc etc etc.

The rules and regulations would be way too long of a read, and the cat and mouse game like this would only be worse.

Hence the general rules without specifics.
    • MuchachoNL wrote:

A Senior Community Manager told you it's not allowed, and you keep using it anyway.
      There can never be a fixed list of bad words, as that list would need constant adaptation, and is language specific.

She said that I should stop using words that aren't tolerated, give me a list of all words that aren't tolerated then...And it needs updating? Guess you people have something to do then, other than deleting spam.

Crew be like: "Damn you stupid community! You are making us have to do work! But what about the free money that we are used to!"

• notorious crunchie wrote:

Yeah, maintaining a list is far too much work :rolleyes:
      Not just a list, but a list for each language, and a combined list for COM domain, as it is international.
      Good luck in keeping that up to date ;)

Lemon wrote:

MuchachoNL wrote:

A Senior Community Manager told you it's not allowed, and you keep using it anyway.

She said that I should stop using words that aren't tolerated, give me a list of all words that aren't tolerated then...And it needs updating? Guess you people have something to do then, other than deleting spam.
      She also said you're a lot more intelligent than you portray yourself to be at the moment, so you should be aware of words that are not tolerated without having to have them spelled out for you ;)
      Actually, anyone would know what's not considered decent.

Anything that is crude, insulting and/or discriminatory will not be allowed.

Rule of thumb is: if you can get reprimanded in school, work or other formal gatherings for using those words, it sure isn't tolerated in here.
    • COM is an irrelevant domain anyway...

And if there's a big problem with the language that should be allowed on the UK domain, why not give us a seperate forum like some other countries/domains have? :huh:

And the word you are censoring here are tolerated at all places you mentioned.

• Ameno wrote:

For me the best option that works tbh is polite and constructive dialogue between the customer and the company representatives. Something like that we're trying to achieve in this thread (among some others).
      awesome this is reply I was looking forward to and thats why we are all here... well at least most of us.
      I CAN

GOTN = Group Of The Noobs = 38 members with 70+ multi/push accounts = cross quad meta with 200+ players = pathetic
    • Ameno wrote:

As for over-moderation, I can't say that removing messages (partially or completely) that contain swearing word is "over-moderating". The warning system here is mild, and if a certain word was posted in the heat of the moment, you'll get a warning, but will not get a ban. Posting inappropriate content in your almost every message will definitely lead to the ban, and I can't agree that it's over-moderating, I am sorry
      May I ask if you think saying something along the lines of... 'X players are useless' or 'X type of player are useless' would be considered as warning material? :huh:

I mean where do you draw the line at smacking someones hand for swearing/proper insults/threats etc and treating the forum as a creche/nursery?
      .....................................................................................................................................
      | Kato - SD | Helios - Hegem0ny | Helios - SP | Helios - L.S. | Apollo - DoH | Little Llama - DoH | Jesse Pinkman - Bar | Kali - -TG- | Red Army - 90s |