Forum & Game, what would you like to see changed or brought in?

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• ELE wrote:

Last but not least, it is very sad to see tools developed by dedicated members of community dying one after another, so much effort wasted, so many option to make game both more interesting and easier to play. TG should have bought, preserve or incorporate in game many of them.
      What if members of the community were to set up their own fansite, that adhered to the guidelines Travian Fan Site Policy and gave the community what they wanted?

A bit like a co-operative, ran by the community, for the community? Where people could have a voice and be listened to.
    • So, I'm guessing that something people would also like to see is action on spam bots & crew that are actively dealing with bots.

Though, I thought the vibratory feeder equipment sounded interesting, makes a difference from black magic!
    • Schmitz' Katze wrote:

I didn't like it (chuckle)

But for the same reasons as ELE I like the idea of limiting support (troops or res) to ally members and maybe confeds. Moreover, that would ruin the res- and troop-sellers immediately and decrease the numbers of their bot-accounts. Worth a try imo.
      Additionally, a 'cool down'-time until you actually can send troops or resources would be nice to avoid an alliance just change their confeds every 5 minutes. Or instant return of the reinforcements as soon as the confed is cancelled.

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
      (the doctor, voy4/25)
    • "This post will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator."

Would love to know what was wrong with my post 13 hours ago, cause it has now been disabled??

@Ameno You looked at the thread, but didn't delete the posts that I mentioned nor did you even remove the bot that @wishmaster3 shared...It's still advertising in the About Me.

Do you expect people to help you report bots/posts that violate the guidelines, when all you do is "delete" the reports and do nothing about the problem?

Let's keep the discussion here in the public, since it seems to be the only thing that works, so much for transparency :)

• Hello Lemon

I will discuss the matter with Ameno later today or tomorrow about those bots and see if we can't formulate something to make it easier to do.

Thanks for the heads up on those though as I also believe they need cleaned out of the forum.

It is Sunday today so not much motivation except to throw rocks at people ;)

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES
    • Cali wrote:

What if members of the community were to set up their own fansite, that adhered to the guidelines Travian Fan Site Policy and gave the community what they wanted?

A bit like a co-operative, ran by the community, for the community? Where people could have a voice and be listened to.
      I am afraid it is too late for this approach. The level of enthusiasm is fading and, despite the delusions of people posted above, not gonna carry this game for long. Years ago, I am sure many would go ecstatic just to see a link to their tool officially posted, but not any more.

Maybe if TG find some different attitude to replace "we tolerate getter" and at least will send them formal requests about updates (both kiriloid and getter updates for ROA map and new races were initiated by individuals who played the servers), maybe if they stop freak out at every possibility of people making a few bucks on it (funny, that resources selling sites with TG in the name exist without any issue, but tools are being shut down), maybe if TG offer at least hosting for such (someone made a calculator for fields efficiency that includes Egyptians, guess what? it is down for a few days), maybe if they contact retired owners of retired tools and offer them compensation .... Well TG has (paid!) marketing team, supposedly, I am sure they can find many ways if they think about it instead of 3D images of fields.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ELE ().

• Mercedes wrote:

And I was saying that the paid staff are only contracted to work a set number of hours, they can have a day off if they want to.

It’s just the obsessive enthusiasts that want to spend their free time at the weekend. Apologies if that came across badly.

And Ele, it’s never too late. Travian Legends is still a good game.
      It is too late for the approach Cali suggested. Not for change in general. Travian was in the league of it's own years ago, could do whatever, had huge fun base. Fun base is majorly gone now (compare to what it was) and the game is competing for players with companies that don't rely on enthusiasts but rather paid stuff and actually have a few clue about marketing and some even know how to use fun base.
      Hypothetical example: if crowd funding existed 10 years ago in the shape it is now, TG would set records. Do you think an attempt to get crowd funding for the game would be fruitful now? I don't.
    • I don’t completely disagree with you, but I think this is a niche game that attracts a particular kind of players. It needs the right marketing and it really, really needs the game to run more smoothly than it does at the moment. It’s never going to be a Candy Crush, but who would want it to be? They either need to set their goals and criteria for this game and start to collect the right kind of data to analyse and set targets properly or, as it currently seems, they let it minimally tick over to pay its way and focus on other, more profitable games.

If TG were really intent on developing Travian, there would be a mobile app, properly paid staff on the front line of customer communications (ie multihunters and forum) and a marketing policy that didn’t consist of a couple of unknown people answering questions on a hardly watched YouTube video.

The game itself is still the best, most intelligent game for the type of players it attracts, hence why it has such a long standing and loyal fan base.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • I disagree with you Ele, yes Travian has suffered a downturn in player numbers over the years but I believe that there are still enough active players for the game to continue. And that there is a place for fan sites of all descriptions.

It's what HQ do to retain both player numbers and interest in the future that is important and I think that they need to make a concerted effort now and listen to their customers.
      Those of us who have played the game for many years continue to do so because we enjoy both the game and the social aspect of it as well. It would be sad to lose this.

And @Templar Knight it's been max 1c here today, I would love some sunshine & heat!!
    • Not sure what you are disagree with. My point is that project (preserving outside game tools) should be led by TG, enthusiasts effort would not do it.

P.S. I guess wrong spelling of certain words is my curse. My apology to all native speakers who suffered from "fun base" :D
    • ELE wrote:

Not sure what you are disagree with. My point is that project (preserving outside game tools) should be led by TG, enthusiasts effort would not do it.

P.S. I guess wrong spelling of certain words is my curse. My apology to all native speakers who suffered from "fun base" :D
      Ah, I see the point you were trying to make. TG relies heavily on voluntary workers and enthusiasts. What they don't do very well is exploit and use it. I disagree that they should lead it, the ideas that have come from enthusiasts have become a mainstay of the game, but I do think they could manage it much better than they do now.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • Hi all. Sorry for cleaning some stuff from here - I would really like to keep this thread for a collection of ideas for the game and forum (as it's written in the subject), not for complaining on certain bot accounts and arguments on some personal things.

I will make a compact list of ideas (at least those which were supported mostly by the others, not controversial ones) from this thread and will try to get an answer on each one of them. Will keep you updated.

When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.
    • I would like to see no more hero adventures and the auctions got rid of. Let's go back to being able to pick which of our troops we want our heroes to be and get all the armour and weapons from attacking oasis, the way it used to be. That was so much better and a lot more fun.
    • Kett wrote:

I would like to see no more hero adventures and the auctions got rid of. Let's go back to being able to pick which of our troops we want our heroes to be and get all the armour and weapons from attacking oasis, the way it used to be. That was so much better and a lot more fun.
      Fully support this Idea Kett
    • How about a feature that allows you to send troops from multiple villages off a single screen? For example when I'm sending reinforcements rather than tediously clicking through like 10 villages and sending my troops through to their destination, maybe their could be a reinforcements tab in the plus overview feature. In the same way you can see your troop overview, it would only show you troops that are actually present in their home village and available for deployment. You could then choose how many troops you want to send from each village and either choose to send them to a single destination or different ones. You could even preset a drop-down menu of 'favourite' destinations.