Forum & Game, what would you like to see changed or brought in?

• 0.002% of US population play Travian & 0.007% of UK play.
      So, per head of population, UK servers attract a lot more than US servers do. You can't really compare like for like when there is such a disparity between sizes of countries and server statistics.

But, should TG ever merge English speaking domains, that will be the end of Travian for me. After all, the forum merge didn't go down too well...
    • I quite like the forum merge, saves me from having to log into 4 different accounts on 4 forums, it's really neat if you follow multiple domains.

I personally don't think that merging domains would be the right call for TG, as it would just create a lot more problems than what it would solve.

We have already experienced what staff changes can do to a forum...Not sure I would want to see what merging the game domains will do to the game..

The cultural differences between the domains are too big, I don't really know much about the US and AU communities nor do I know anything about the culture, since I have only worked with the UK and Chinese culture...But what I do know is that merging them with the UK would never work.

• One brilliant piece of news is that we can now enter competitions on any domain and get the prize if we win them!

wbb.forum.travian.com/thread/5…ostID=6940766#post6940766

Does this also mean we can enter the same competition with the same entry on all domains and claim the gold prize for every one? I see the end of all @WIM issues playing without gold :o

Seriously though, since vouchers are open perhaps in future competitions need to be limited to one per competition rather than domain, as I’m sure I won’t be the only person who has spotted this new loophole. No idea how you are going to police it though!

Stand out Award 2017 UK

The post was edited 2 times, last by Mercedes ().

• Mercedes I believe it was always the case when vouchers were given that you could take part on any domain but was restricted to one prize in total IE only one voucher can be sent to your email.

Where gold was credited directly by the CM it was domain specific but now that rewards are being given in vouchers they are valid globally.

IMO this is a good move
      128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Game Rules | Terms & Conditions | Rules FAQ

Game issues can only be answered by sending an In-Game Message to Multihunter / Support
      Or via the Homepage Support form
    • The ability to take part on multiple domains can also help boost the individual communities. More activity means more interest and potentially more people might be inspired to take part or at least discuss the contest.

Providing you can only win once globally this can only be a good thing
      128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Game Rules | Terms & Conditions | Rules FAQ

Game issues can only be answered by sending an In-Game Message to Multihunter / Support
      Or via the Homepage Support form
    • -SR wrote:

A search function on your rally point so you can find specific troop movements quickly. Absolute mare trying to find the right one to cancel when you've got 1000+ going in and out and page keeps refreshing as your raids are landing.
      I second the attack type filter - filtering in ally page and rp for attacks vs raids would be nice. Also for recalling attacks - use this: Last Send filter and make it a link in your saved links. It shows your wave set up as backwards though, so keep that in mind when you think your browser put waves in the wrong order
      ..And that is the Final Word.

• Mercedes wrote:

BlackBlade wrote:

001 | Domain Merge
      Game Version: WoW & Regions --- Importance: High
      Description: Merge English language domains into the .Com Domain (US, UK, AU/NZ)
      Value: Player numbers have decreased dramatically since 2009-2010 (peak player numbers). Merging the domains and reducing the total number of servers should help
      increase peak, average and final player numbers on each server. More players increase the competitiveness of each server and generally make them more enjoyable.
      The day UK/US merge with .COM is the day I stop playing :(
      Sounds a little overreacting?

Mercedes wrote:

I don’t think merging domains with COM is feasible. The thing that would worry me about merging UK/US/AU would be the difference in cultures and time zones. As one alliance goes to bed another starts attacking. Part of the battle strategy is hitting your opponents when you know it’s the most awkward time possible. That would be OK if alliances stayed UK/US/AU but they wouldn’t for long.

There are domains with even lower player numbers than ours. Language is the barrier to merging there.

The lower player numbers is an issue. My personal favourite for an ideal domain would be one classic server, one speed server, one special and two or three slow servers running at a time. Playing a server that ends with 200 or less active players is no time fun. I would really like to dig into the data to find why so many players have been lost over time when other TG games like Rail Nation succeed. I suspect it’s because there are so many other games similar to Travian that are more accessible, better marketed, etc.
      I agree running fewer servers per domain may help. As well as fewer WWs and WW plans - idea being to create more competition in endgame. But also could implement more options for victory than just WW (how boring).

Mercedes wrote:

BlackBlade wrote:

Well when it comes to quad vs quad wars, time zone isn't that big a deal. Travel times tend to be long enough that you will have plenty of notice regardless of when they decide to launch. As it is I play in a heavily mixed group from around the globe and that is on the US domain.
      I disagree with this. Timing is absolutely vital for successful offensive ops the way servers run here. Having a big op land at 4am when last minute splits or instant tablet use for chiefings etc is a common tactic, as is sending out attacks very late at night so they only get spotted in the morning when defenders aren't around.
      Honestly, it sounds to me like you've never played .COM before - we do not do ops any differently on COM servers. It's actually quite a challenge getting all to participate but that always comes with the territory and makeup of certain players and alliances. But tell me, how many Indians or Asian/Aussies are playing on .US/UK servers as duals? -- sounds already international to me.

Cali wrote:

0.002% of US population play Travian & 0.007% of UK play.
      So, per head of population, UK servers attract a lot more than US servers do. You can't really compare like for like when there is such a disparity between sizes of countries and server statistics.

But, should TG ever merge English speaking domains, that will be the end of Travian for me. After all, the forum merge didn't go down too well...
      I think .002% of US is bigger than .007% of UK...

I'm not trying to argue for domain merges, but I just think the arguments so far for "why not" don't seem to hold much water for me. If you're a regular COM player or ally leader, like me, you run into many different teams, and their reason for coming is always the same: they come to COM looking for a greater challenge or new enemies to fight because their local servers are dwindling in players or real contenders. Also this "isolationism" and rise of nationalism seems like it's just a microcosm of what has been going on in the world lately. I don't know whether to roll my eyes or feel disappointed to see it continuing even in a community as small as Travian.
      ..And that is the Final Word.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Final Word ().

• Final Word wrote:

But tell me, how many Indians or Asian/Aussies are playing on .US/UK servers as duals? -- sounds already international to me.
      A lot less than you would think. Night sitters on UK servers are like gold. I would say UK players are mainly UK, a few Scandinavians and a few Indian or Pakistanis. Very few Aussies in my experience and even fewer Americans. In fact in all my years playing on UK servers I could think of less than a half dozen of both combined.

I played on COM once and a tournament server once. Once was enough. Not my scene. And that has nothing to do with it being international. Some of the best friends I made playing this game aren't from the UK. Trying to make it a political statement about xenophobia is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • Lemon wrote:

I quite like the forum merge, saves me from having to log into 4 different accounts on 4 forums, it's really neat if you follow multiple domains.

I personally don't think that merging domains would be the right call for TG, as it would just create a lot more problems than what it would solve.

We have already experienced what staff changes can do to a forum...Not sure I would want to see what merging the game domains will do to the game..

The cultural differences between the domains are too big, I don't really know much about the US and AU communities nor do I know anything about the culture, since I have only worked with the UK and Chinese culture...But what I do know is that merging them with the UK would never work.
      I keep hearing comments on differences in culture but have yet to see a full explanation of what they are. This is a game where we all do the same things; Build, Train, Attack, Defend, rinse and repeat to win the server. And if the cultural difference is so great, you would still have the ability to play in UK only alliances.

Mercedes wrote:

A lot less than you would think. Night sitters on UK servers are like gold. I would say UK players are mainly UK, a few Scandinavians and a few Indian or Pakistanis. Very few Aussies in my experience and even fewer Americans. In fact in all my years playing on UK servers I could think of less than a half dozen of both combined.
      I played on COM once and a tournament server once. Once was enough. Not my scene. And that has nothing to do with it being international. Some of the best friends I made playing this game aren't from the UK. Trying to make it a political statement about xenophobia is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

I would estimate US servers are 1/4 international if my alliances have been any indication. On my last round of Us2, it was more like 1/3 of the alliance was international.

If night sitters are like gold, wouldn't you want more of them?

Regardless I think the "cultural" issue is overblown. We all play the same game, with the same rules and for UK/US/AU/COM, in the same language! Had Travian never created other English language domains, would anyone even know the difference?

Also some tidbits of information. When I first came back at the end of 2016, I pulled screen grabs of the start pages to get server populations, allowing me to get rough estimations of player numbers per domain at various points in a year. The data is by no means complete and prone to significant error however it does show player numbers peaked in 2009 and began dropping off by 2010. By comparison current player numbers are a small fraction of what they once were.

Feb 2009
      COM =197,387
      US = 73,167
      UK = 55,661
      AU/NZ = 21,209
      IN = 12,085
      Total = 359,509

Feb 2010
      COM = 100,513
      US = 111,844
      UK = 32,907
      AU/NZ = 15,330
      IN = 5,389
      ZA = 12,085
      Total = 278,068

From the data we can also measure the % of the total "English" langauge domain players that a specific domain has. COM has varied from a low of around 36% in 2010 but has generally hovered around 50%. Right now, not including Finals, it holds an out sized 71.26% of accounts.

I am a little disappointing the discussion has gotten stuck on the domain merger proposal, though I am certainly not surprised. I knew it would be divisive.

Does anyone have comments on the other proposals?
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play

The post was edited 1 time, last by BlackBlade ().

• While it's a good suggestion, i'm not sure if it's even possible.
      I hope it's not a thing that worries you just because of the new forum, because the BCC option has always been a ready available part of the private messaging options.
      The CC and BCC options are perfect for FYI's without copying and pasting it in another PM/Conversation again.

There are several reasons why certain crewmembers don't wish to be openly involved in a PM, and one could likely be because that would break the chain of communications by allowing end users to go towards the highest echelons, while a mod or CM would have the authority to handle it themselves.

If I were to be supervising several branch office managers from HQ, I'd rather not be involved with dealing with customers of every branch office directly because they know where to find me.
      I'd much rather converse with them only when all options and solutions provided by customer support, manager ánd office manager failed. Why? Because me directly speaking to them on the first go, would negate their entire positions in the company.
    • Hello

There may be some confusion here.

Forum admins or any moderators for that matter cannot see your messages unless you add them to that conversation.
      We have no way of going into members accounts and reading anything.

So for instance I cannot see or read any messages that you have iRonik just as you cannot see or read any of mine.
      When you have a conversation with someone there is an option to add more people if you wish.

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES
    • Templar Knight wrote:

Hello

There may be some confusion here.

Forum admins or any moderators for that matter cannot see your messages unless you add them to that conversation.
      We have no way of going into members accounts and reading anything.

So for instance I cannot see or read any messages that you have iRonik just as you cannot see or read any of mine.
      When you have a conversation with someone there is an option to add more people if you wish.
      I believe you've misunderstood me. I meant admin as @Administrator for example or maybe a few others who got control over everything on forum, Not SCM, CM, SM & M. :p

And even those only if they wanted to I guess, but probably don't bother unless it's really necessary.