Forum & Game, what would you like to see changed or brought in?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We've implemented the New Combat Simulator and combat reports on the PTR server.
    Check it out and provide your feedback here!

• Forum & Game, what would you like to see changed or brought in?

Several years ago, I used to make a weekly thread in which people were free to post suggestions for the game and forum, about what features they thought would be useful. I would then open a poll to choose the most popular items, that the then CM would take to HQ.

Given the changes that have happened, both in-game and on the forum over recent years, I'm interested in what changes would people like to see now?

Please note, that this is out of genuine interest and ANY posts that criticise either forum members or crew, both past and present, will be reported.
    • Marketplace routes being able to be set by the minutes, not only hour.
      Example: You've got a capital with an enormous production ~150k/h give or take and you want to feed 2 villas with resources for troops or whatever. (Far enough that 1 haul there and back exceeds 1h)

Knowing current merchants don't carry nearly as much to haul 150k/h.
      Gauls - 45.000 or 90.000 with alliance bonus at 10%
      Teutons - 60.000 or 120.000 with alliance bonus at 10%
      Romans - 30.000 or 60.000 with alliance bonus at 10%
      Egyptians - 45.000 or 90.000 with alliance bonus at 10%
      Huns - 30.000 or 60.000 with alliance bonus at 10%

Let's say you've got one (or more) villas not so close due to better oasis location and you want to ship resources there or feed troops, but you encounter the problem that the distance there and back takes merchants Exactly 1h5min (what're the odds). Therefore with routes you'd have minor issues to feed your troops sufficiently if you're only able to send it every 2 hours. This way with minute specified trade routes you'd be able to set the TR's every 1h15min for example and would be spared of doing such resource transports manually.

Or another way a trade route could work is that you pick a village in the Marketplace and select intervals of merchant departures. So you're not toying around with setting times in the TR list, but you'd just select a villa and input x hrs, y min and z sec. So merchants would automatically depart every specific amount of time. (Selecting go 2x or 3x option also possible.)

Probably just my 5 cents and people don't really look into it that much, but hey. :D
      bla bla bla smh

The post was edited 1 time, last by iRonik ().

• This is a really nice thread, and I would like to thank you for that.

Put it in my watched threads and I can promise that useful suggestions from it will be delivered to the developers. Can't take part in poetry Tuesdays though, but will be nice to read. The language I can write poetry in is definitely not English and not many people would understand.
    • Hotkeys being added into the game. makes it much easier to switch villages.
      Just like a attack. You should cancel a trade in the first few minutes. (when you are sending res to someone or yourself)
      Adding preset for a attack. For example: I make a preset which is 33 units en 200 cats.

In my opinion only 1 person should be online at the time. So if someone logs in everyone else gets logged out. Excluding sitters.
      Also I would like to see that you can open multiple villages at once. So you have 10 taps open from your 10 villages. So you won't get set backed all the time so annoying!
      This is how you hit a WW: Converter Travian gevecht verslagen
    • 1 person logging in and getting everyone else logged out is nuts. Would make it impossible to reliably send raids/waves etc and be plain annoying.

As someone else suggested elsewhere on the forum, an alert or notification that someone else is online could be useful. Maybe even an option to have a live notes interface on the side toolbar by your quicklinks or something.
    • [offtopic] Google translate now is not what it used to be. People really got lots of fun by translating poems and famous sayings into English and back again.

Couple ancient examples of such "gooogle-translating":

"A sound spirit in a sound body" -> " Vodka is good but meat is poor"

"He took a deep breath and asked her to marry him." -> "He translated the spirit and made her a sentence".
    • Ameno wrote:

[offtopic] Google translate now is not what it used to be. People really got lots of fun by translating poems and famous sayings into English and back again.

Couple ancient examples of such "gooogle-translating":

"A sound spirit in a sound body" -> " Vodka is good but meat is poor"

"He took a deep breath and asked her to marry him." -> "He translated the spirit and made her a sentence".
      This definitely needs to become a feature! :D
      ukx - MadZ (Hegemony) | Danny Zuko (GTB)
      uk1 - David Brent (MFH)
    • tintin wrote:

Marketplace: cancelling trades 90 seconds after sent (same as cancelling attacks).
      Unfortunately that feature can be used to hide resources from an attacker, it's the reason why it hasn't been added.

Maybe it could be planned further though, like, it can only be used if there are no attacks hitting the village within the next few minutes.
      This is a private account and messages posted from this account are of my own personal stance and do not represent Traviangames in any way. / Tämä on yksityistili ja edustaa vain omaa kantaani, viestit tältä tililtä eivät edusta Traviangamesin kantaa millään tavalla.
    • Really like this thread! Thanks @Cali for starting this :)

I also like the idea of having some kind of sitter control. One option might be to include a button in the sitter menu that allows a sitter to 'take control' of the sittee's account. This button would automatically load the account without having to sign out / sign in manually. The functionality could also be set so that it's only possible to 'take control' if the account is not logged into. The downside is that if a player wants two people signed in at the same time (rebuilding a hammer village while in the middle of a zeroing attempt, one player building fields one player building villages for e.g) or if the account holder's session is left logged in but the player is away, the sittee wouldn't be able to take control.

I don't know if this part is possible, but if there is a take control option, it might allow for TG to better differentiate between account holder and sitter and thus, if a sitter breaks the game rules, this could possibly be identified as not a fault with the account owner, but the sitter instead.

iRonik wrote:

Or like troop evasion, merchant evasion for gold club, but you can only hide the amount of res your merchants at home can actually carry. It's not much, but it's a start.

I quite like this, and expanding on it, maybe we could put merchants under the troops category? Taking a wild guess here but it might be that merchants don't evade because they aren't considered 'troops' and thus the evasion setting won't catch them. If they were made troops that could be killed and rebuild, then you could evade them as well. Though it would also require a buying process where the user has to manually buy their merchants before being able to use them, much like we buy troops, etc.
      "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA
    • Soveia wrote:

Unfortunately that feature can be used to hide resources from an attacker, it's the reason why it hasn't been added.
      So can just putting up an offer on the marketplace? I mean, of course you can max go to 1:2 in the offer, but you can also limit it to within 2 hours and own alliance only... And even if someone in your team and within 2 hours accepted.. you'd be getting twice the resources you had before anyway :p and what would the chances be of anyone noticing within 10 minutes or w/e? This one even allows you to keep the res safe for even longer than the proposal.

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • Hawkery wrote:

I quite like this, and expanding on it, maybe we could put merchants under the troops category? Taking a wild guess here but it might be that merchants don't evade because they aren't considered 'troops' and thus the evasion setting won't catch them. If they were made troops that could be killed and rebuild, then you could evade them as well. Though it would also require a buying process where the user has to manually buy their merchants before being able to use them, much like we buy troops, etc.
      Merchants with lvl 20 TS and haste? Would be able to across the map real quick xd

I do like the idea though, would need a lot of tweaking though :D