Stop chiefing with lvl 0 Residence

    By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

    • Stop chiefing with lvl 0 Residence

      So I don't think I've ever run into this situation but you can prevent a chiefing by just having queued a Residence?

      10 seconds before chiefs land a residence was knocked down, the chiefs were unable to lower loyalty.

      This is a thing?
      COM1- Foleys Folly

      US1- Chef Follardi

      US3- Folito Lopez
    • playingwithfire wrote:

      @Foley did you have a level of the residence already queued? The build will continue if the residence is knocked down but it will start at level 1. So even though it was knocked down, the foundation of the new one was under construction so that is why the chiefs had no power.
      I always thought you need at least 1 level of the residence complete to prevent chiefing, never saw chiefs stopped by queued residence. It is possible if the first level was finished within those 10 seconds.

      Foley, was it allied village (or confed) in last 48 hours?
    • Foley wrote:

      No it was very inactive enemy. Must have timed the level to finish within those 10 seconds.
      Yup. This is a favorite trick of mine. If it's an important villa, players sometimes queue a palace instead, so be sure to have cats targeting both in all waves if same-sec isn't possible. You can also use tabs between attacks if they aren't same sec. In general, an active player should have enough tricks to stop pretty much anything other than a same-second chief without troops.
    • Armour_US wrote:

      Foley wrote:

      No it was very inactive enemy. Must have timed the level to finish within those 10 seconds.
      Yup. This is a favorite trick of mine. If it's an important villa, players sometimes queue a palace instead, so be sure to have cats targeting both in all waves if same-sec isn't possible. You can also use tabs between attacks if they aren't same sec. In general, an active player should have enough tricks to stop pretty much anything other than a same-second chief without troops.
      Even if they are same second, the attacker will have to use more than 1 village. You can add the residence queue before the next set of chiefs are launched and they should work the same way. From what I remember, constructions still have the highest priority.
      The only effective way to counter this from the attackers side is to have catas in each wave of chiefs or else if the defender has the opportunity and activity, he/she can snipe with a residence.
    • Mod Deadpool wrote:

      Even if they are same second, the attacker will have to use more than 1 village. You can add the residence queue before the next set of chiefs are launched and they should work the same way. From what I remember, constructions still have the highest priority.The only effective way to counter this from the attackers side is to have catas in each wave of chiefs or else if the defender has the opportunity and activity, he/she can snipe with a residence.
      I believe (though I could be wrong) that all construction orders complete before all attacks on the same sec. So if you had an incoming at 12:00:00 and 12:00:01, you'd want your residence to finish at 12:00:01. Which also means that same-second can't be split. But if I'm misremembering don't blame me for your lost villages :D
    • Depends if the construction behaves like attacks do, or if it doesn't... If it behaves like attacks/reinforcements do, it would indeed be possible to see the first wave sent -> queue residence same second as attack -> 2nd wave gets sent -> residence is finished between the two waves. So it depends on if a construction counts as the same class of action as attacks/reinforcements. I know using tablets doesn't, since you can raise loyalty in between same second attacks.


      Animis opibusque parati

      com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • Armour_US wrote:

      Mod Deadpool wrote:

      Even if they are same second, the attacker will have to use more than 1 village. You can add the residence queue before the next set of chiefs are launched and they should work the same way. From what I remember, constructions still have the highest priority.The only effective way to counter this from the attackers side is to have catas in each wave of chiefs or else if the defender has the opportunity and activity, he/she can snipe with a residence.
      I believe (though I could be wrong) that all construction orders complete before all attacks on the same sec. So if you had an incoming at 12:00:00 and 12:00:01, you'd want your residence to finish at 12:00:01. Which also means that same-second can't be split. But if I'm misremembering don't blame me for your lost villages :D
      Ah, I realize my mistake. It has been a while since I played long enough on a server to face these things. For some reason I considered constructions to act like attacks. So yeah, same second attacks should work.
    • Everything follows the event log process.

      No matter if attack, building, troop upgrades, troop production etc etc.

      As it is queued, regardless of same second, whatever was entered first, will happen first.

      ie: I send attack from Village a - I land at 12:05:13

      You start residence to finish 12:05:13

      I send 2nd attack with 2 more chiefs from Village B, and I am much closer, so i start this action last, yet after you have queued residence.

      It will then go in order of input into game system .