What's a really good number of cats?

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• What's a really good number of cats?

I was curious on how many cats in an EGH would be considered as an outstanding number? How many cats does it take usually to knock down a full WW (considering the WW has reached its end stage, and WW has around 5m worth of defense). Just need some clarification from professionals, or any of those that know more than me. Asking for a friend.
      Latest report:

US1 - Sore (676K EGH)

Converter - Battle reports Travian

With Defense:
    • ArabChuckNorris wrote:

I was curious on how many cats in an EGH would be considered as an outstanding number? How many cats does it take usually to knock down a full WW (considering the WW has reached its end stage, and WW has around 5m worth of defense). Just need some clarification from professionals, or any of those that know more than me. Asking for a friend.
      With current length of servers, any cata number with 20k+ is considered very good on a normal speed server. By the time plans come out, you could be around 19k cata depending on trainer use and how soon you began 24/7 queues. Then WW takes a month. If you were to wait til lvl 95 or so.. can have ~22k cata or more depending on length of endgame.
      ..And that is the Final Word.

• Final Word wrote:

ArabChuckNorris wrote:

With current length of servers, any cata number with 20k+ is considered very good on a normal speed server. By the time plans come out, you could be around 19k cata depending on trainer use and how soon you began 24/7 queues. Then WW takes a month. If you were to wait til lvl 95 or so.. can have ~22k cata
      Sweet.. Thanks. I've been around Travian for many years but really never focused on an EGH.

Thanks once again..
      Latest report:

US1 - Sore (676K EGH)

With Defense:
    • ArabChuckNorris wrote:

Final Word wrote:

ArabChuckNorris wrote:

With current length of servers, any cata number with 20k+ is considered very good on a normal speed server. By the time plans come out, you could be around 19k cata depending on trainer use and how soon you began 24/7 queues. Then WW takes a month. If you were to wait til lvl 95 or so.. can have ~22k cata
      Sweet.. Thanks. I've been around Travian for many years but really never focused on an EGH.
      Thanks once again..
      It's a nice achievement, and harder than it sounds, even just to keep it alive til the end without starving it or getting it killed - so good luck.

• I might add without a good ramstack in front of the cat hammer,it diminishes the possibilities...

normal cat stack EGH 10-15Kcats is what you will see from most players....
      But I will agree as final word said "20-22kcats is outstanding for a cat hammer" but you will rarely see this number...
      ````````
      Normal ramstack EGH is 10-20K rams from most players.. Outstanding would be 25-30k rams again you will rarely see this number...
    • Final Word wrote:

ArabChuckNorris wrote:

With current length of servers, any cata number with 20k+ is considered very good on a normal speed server. By the time plans come out, you could be around 19k cata depending on trainer use and how soon you began 24/7 queues. Then WW takes a month. If you were to wait til lvl 95 or so.. can have ~22k cata or more depending on length of endgame.
      I just want to point out that 19k cats by plans means 24/7 queues in a level 20 WS by about day 40, and then 24/7 with the trainer from the day artifacts drop. Not impossible but beyond the capability of nearly any single account, or really any account that does not have designated support in the form of heavy pushes or friendly accounts to raid.

On a .us server, most EGH that are good to slightly above average will have 12-15k cats, and anything over that is certainly above average. 20k+ I would classify as exceptional.

For rams, Krash is accurate that for your typical .us server. 10-20k is typical for a decent rammer, anything over that is very good, and 35-40k+ would be exceptional.

Now in qualifiers or finals, none of this applies as the numbers will be much higher in general. I can't speak for non-US servers either as I play almost exclusively here.

I'd also like to remind you that without an adequate clear, the efficacy of your siege will decline substantially. So 20k cats with a 60k clear will do less damage than a hammer that has 15k cats and a 120k clear (probably, I haven't run sims with these exact numbers but you get the gist).

FURTHERMORE, all cats are not created equal. Roman fire catapults are superior to Gaul trebuchets, which are superior to Teuton catapults. So 17k Roman cats might do as much damage as 20k Teuton cats with clears of equal attack power (again, numbers are an estimate for example only). With rams, the same thing applies, and Teuton rams are the best, followed by Romans and then Gauls.

Sorry for the thesis, hope that helps.
      My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
      Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1
      s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

s1rsomething - Kerzi

[6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide
    • Old MacDonald wrote:

FURTHERMORE, all cats are not created equal. Roman fire catapults are superior to Gaul trebuchets, which are superior to Teuton catapults. So 17k Roman cats might do as much damage as 20k Teuton cats with clears of equal attack power (again, numbers are an estimate for example only). With rams, the same thing applies, and Teuton rams are the best, followed by Romans and then Gauls.
      That's not correct.
      While the various tribes catapults and rams do have different attack values, they all have a "damage value" of 20 (30 at level 20).
      Additionally catapults have the same build time for every tribe, so the catapult attack value is just part of the attack value of the overall hammer.
      On the other hand, rams have different build times for the different tribes, so Teutons can build more rams than the other tribes and thus have more total damage value.
      S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie S5-r3 Tyche S7-r3 Chuckles
      S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country S5-r7 Office Space S19-r2 The Joker
      S19-r3 Chuckles
    • Old MacDonald wrote:

I should point out that the difference in tribes is much more negligible than one might think. Similar to scouts and their hidden "scout strength" stat, cats have a hidden "cat strength" stat. All cats have the same cat strength, however, Roman cats provide a larger attack point bonus

Per cat, Roman and Tuet hammers have the same total "cat strength," though Roman cats make a up a higher percentage of the total attack points.

This means that /time, Teuton mace hammers are actually better than Roman hammers as catters because of their higher attack points. This, however, ignores the fact that Teut mace hammers are awful to feed, so Roman EGHs are often a better choice from a "how many can the alliance support" standpoint. Roman cat EGHs are, however, better than Teut axe cat EGHs becasue of the stronger cats.

Edit: Got beaten by Tineren

Edit 2: Here are some sims that show this effect. Notice the identical attack points and cat counts:

Romans

Teutons

The post was edited 2 times, last by Armour ().

• Old MacDonald wrote:

Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing, always nice to learn something new even after all these years :)

Is that reflected in any documentation anywhere?
      There are many little game specifics for which my only source is kirilloid. I think kirilloid must have been given a version of the code base at some point because his sims are always accurate down to the exact troop.

That said, I think I also read somewhere long ago about all scouts, rams, and cats having 20 "utility strength" at level 0. Another place, I read about the fact that smithy upgrades are partially dependent on the wheat consumption of a troop (which is why level 0 scouts are all the same, but level 20 Roman scouts are better. Also why EC have the largest % boost to strength from the smithy). I'm sure I had a source way back when I saw it, but now I just use kirilloid for everything :p
    • Armour_US wrote:

Old MacDonald wrote:

Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing, always nice to learn something new even after all these years :)

There are many little game specifics for which my only source is kirilloid. I think kirilloid must have been given a version of the code base at some point because his sims are always accurate down to the exact troop.
      That said, I think I also read somewhere long ago about all scouts, rams, and cats having 20 "utility strength" at level 0. Another place, I read about the fact that smithy upgrades are partially dependent on the wheat consumption of a troop (which is why level 0 scouts are all the same, but level 20 Roman scouts are better. Also why EC have the largest % boost to strength from the smithy). I'm sure I had a source way back when I saw it, but now I just use kirilloid for everything :p
      Scout units actually have 35 "offensive scouting strength" and 20 "defensive scouting strength".
      Some of this information you can find in the Combat System Formulas guide, but like you I just look it up on kirilloid's site now.
      BTW, the "utility strength" numbers are all shown on his site on the troops tab: Fire cats.
      S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie S5-r3 Tyche S7-r3 Chuckles
      S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country S5-r7 Office Space S19-r2 The Joker
      S19-r3 Chuckles
    • Tineren wrote:

That's not correct.While the various tribes catapults and rams do have different attack values, they all have a "damage value" of 20 (30 at level 20).
      Additionally catapults have the same build time for every tribe, so the catapult attack value is just part of the attack value of the overall hammer.
      On the other hand, rams have different build times for the different tribes, so Teutons can build more rams than the other tribes and thus have more total damage value.
      You also have to remember about Teuton's brew party for rammers since they don't need to target anything. That increases the efficiency a bunch too.

Armour_US wrote:

You are either the densest man I've ever met or the only troll that ever got to me.

Armour_US wrote:

That's all aside the point because you already won.

Wookie wrote:

Ps. Japoco is trolling you guys. Has been for weeks. And you keep. Coming. Back.
    • Armour_US wrote:

Old MacDonald wrote:

Better only with hdt to be clear