UK Goes To Munich!

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

Important reminder! On Tuesday, 28th August 2018 at 10:00 UTC we will ask you to accept the new Terms and Conditions while logging in your game account. Only the owner of the account will be able to accept them. The sitters won't be able to enter the account until the owner accept them.

More information here.

• I want to be given the option to lose my beginers protection like the old days if you attacked anyone you would lose your protection you now have the option to extend it but please give us the option to lose it also.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

I'm telling you this guy is protected from up on high by the Prince of Darkness
    they always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze
  • Mercedes wrote:

It would also be cool if there was a transcript of these videos, I'm a reader not a watcher and I'm sure a lot of others are the same. Don't really have time to sit through several minutes of waffle to get the answer to one question. Are there any transcripts available?

ASK TRAVIAN EP. 1 - Transcript available here: AskTravian-1.zip
    ASK TRAVIAN EP. 2 - Transcript available here: AskTravian-2.zip (.srt files can be opened with notepad)

They are as well in the video description.
  • Administrator wrote:

Lemon wrote:

Ehm...No words on why it was removed again? ;(
    You have been contacted by Ameno in private right after the first message was removed. What about checking private messages and emails before to start with polemics?
    Yes I was indeed contacted by Ameno, and changed everything mentioned in the email.

So not really sure why it was removed the 2nd time. I even posted a changelog so everyone could see what was changed.

• Lemon wrote:

Administrator wrote:

Lemon wrote:

Ehm...No words on why it was removed again? ;(
    You have been contacted by Ameno in private right after the first message was removed. What about checking private messages and emails before to start with polemics?
    Yes I was indeed contacted by Ameno, and changed everything mentioned in the email.
    So not really sure why it was removed the 2nd time. I even posted a changelog so everyone could see what was changed.
    The survey is still on google - as far as I know Ameno told you that this is not allowed, because you get data (like IP of people) with Google, if you want you can start a poll directly in this thread with the same questions.
    Also the survey on google can be filled by the same people thousand of times :) if you want accurate data you might want to be sure people fill it only once, and you might want to be sure the person that fill it is who they declare to be, isn't it?
  • Administrator wrote:

The survey is still on google - as far as I know Ameno told you that this is not allowed, because you get data (like IP of people) with Google, if you want you can start a poll directly in this thread with the same questions.Also the survey on google can be filled by the same people thousand of times :) if you want accurate data you might want to be sure people fill it only once, isn't it?
    No, I don't get the IP of people who do the survey.

It was already only possible to fill out once, but even added google login to verify.

So I honestly don't see a problem with the survey?

The whole idea with the survey is that people are anonymous, they are free to fill out their forum name at the bottom though, but it is not included/matched up with their responses.

• @Administrator:

As Lemon says, there is no way to access the IP or Email of people who complete the google survey. Any data held there is the responsibility of Google, they are a large and responsible company and are quite capable of following EU law.

The survey can't be set up as a poll because forum users don't have access to this feature

Also, I would question your use of the word polemic. Lemon is not actually being polemic, he made the changes he thought he was supposed to make and is querying now why they aren't acceptable.

I agree with Lemon that if you have invited him to Munich to represent the UK forum then it is sensible of him to want to gather their opinions and ideas. If the google survey isn't an acceptable way of doing this, why not speak to Lemon directly with an alternative for how it could be done?

Stand out Award 2017 UK

The post was edited 3 times, last by Templar Knight: removed false statement ().

• The survey can't be set up as a poll because forum users don't have access to this feature and Templar Knight refused to give the UK forum any more polls after he inadvisably put up a joke one (not realising it was to inflame/insult other alliance members although I did tell him) then got a resulting backlash of complaints.

All users has access to polls since about 2 months more or less in many sections, included this :)
    And I am pretty sure that TK could not refuse or approve this request, simply because he has no access to grant or refuse permissions on the forum. These kind of decision are made with the agreement of all the CM since they affect all the communities and not just one.
  • Administrator wrote:

All users has access to polls since about 2 months more or less in many sections, included this :)
    And I am pretty sure that TK could not refuse, simply because he has no access to grant or refuse permissions on the forum. These kind of decision are made with the agreement of all the CM since they affect all the communities and not just one.
    Thing is, the polls here on forum doesn't support the features I need nor are they anonymous.

• As far as I could see from your poll all the question you want to ask can be asked on forum. About being anonymous, considering we have no access to your setting, and that the poll is connected to an official event, eventhough we do not endorse it, we cannot be sure that the private data will remain private.

Google form allow you to collect email addresses and name associated with it and store them. Since we cannot be sure how have you set your form, we cannot allow the usage of a tool that is potentially harmful.
  • Administrator wrote:

As far as I could see from your poll all the question you want to ask can be asked on forum. About being anonymous, considering we have no access to your setting, and that the poll is connected to an official event, eventhough we do not endorse it, we cannot be sure that the private data will remain private.

Google form allow you to collect email addresses and name associated with it and store them. Since we cannot be sure how have you set your form, we cannot allow the usage of a tool that is potentially harmful.
    TG will access to all the data if I do it here on forum, so eliminate the whole point of it.

Google form can't collet email addresses nor names, unless I ask them directly in the poll/survey.

The whole login thing at first is only to confirm that people are only filling out the survey once, and all that data will only be available to Google.

• That is not true :)
    In the settings of the Google Forum there is a nice flag where you can collect emails (and you do not need to ask them in the form to have them if you limit the answer by only accepting people registered on Google).

So explain me, you want to make a survey to collect data to bring to TG to support your voice and the voice of your community, but you do not want to give TG any access to the data. That sounds a bit odd to me.
  • I will happily give TG access to the data, I can even give one of you access to the sheet where all the data is collected, so you can make sure that I'm not collecting anything other than answers to the questions...And I know you can check a box to collect emails, but the user would then be told that the creator of the form is getting access to their email addresses, which it doesn't do at the moment...

Making a poll here on forum would not make it anonymous.

• Administrator wrote:

You can have anonymous poll also on the forum, you only have to not flag "Publicize participants" and the poll won't show the participants.
    Doesn't change the fact that TG will be able to see who responded what, which means that it won't be anonymous....And the whole point of doing it in a Google Form is that TG wont be able to see what individual people responded.

• Administrator wrote:

No we won't be able to do so, unless that option is flagged.
    Anyway, unfortunately I cannot follow this conversation more for today, so any other comment I will answer tomorrow.
    No matter what option is flagged, you still have access to all the logs, behind the scenes info...Which means you can see everything...So sorry, but using the poll option here on forum is not an option.

And I originally wanted to reward players by giving out gold to random people who responded, which wouldn't be possible if I choose the publicize participants option here on forum, while google automatically sort out the people who write their name in the "Forum name field" and give me a list in a random order when I close the survey.

• So basically you are saying we are lying.
    There are no logs for who fills the poll if the poll is anonymized, so no we won't be able to see the participants.
    And if you are not sure what I am saying, feel free to ask directly to Woltlab (forum developer) here: Forum - WoltLab®

You want to reward participants with Gold but anybody can vote more than once and just put a random forum account, because you have no way to check that the person that filled the form is the person that actually owns a forum account with that name.
  • No, I'm not saying that you are lying, just saying that you have access to all the behind the scene logs...Which is why I would rather have a trusted 3rd party company host the survey, like Google.

Writing a random forum name would make no sense.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lemon ().