UK Goes To Munich!

The Tournament 2018 Qualification starts on the 13th June 2018!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

• ELE wrote:

There are other domains, like turkey and Arabic, that are full too. I am a bit lost how this topic popped up here, we have long discussion on com about it, copy/pasting is not my strength. It was discussed in connection to different subject.
      turkey and arabic domain full on bots accs,it's no real players :)
      TT 2012 beat (HM T-34)
      TT 2013 sphyrna (Airborne)
      TT 2014 sphyrna (777)
      TT 2015 sphyrna (777)bp nd
      TT 2017 cipollino(SPQR)
    • It was mentioned somewhere above, but when I was to answer the forum was down in maintenance and I didn't try to find it for quote next time.

Edit, nope so it was in another tread...

Here

Sorry to disturb you.

A newspaper about Travian since 2009

Best analytic 2017.com

The post was edited 1 time, last by Safiren ().

• New

First of all, I need to address why the post has been delayed so much...As a lot of you know, I'm a student...And I do actually have exams to prepare for, which is more important than anything else at the moment.

A lot of the information has already been shared on the Official Travian Blog or by the other participants, if you are interested to read what the other participants had to say about the event, make sure to check out the links at the bottom of this post!

Day 1:

I arrived at the airport in Munich on time and was met by a driver with a sign that luckily had my name on it. We had to wait for @ELE who's plane was unfortunately delayed by an hour. When she finally arrived, we were driven to the hotel together. We were some of the first people to arrive, so we had a bit of time to relax before the rest of the participants arrived.

When everyone had arrived we went to a small restaurant and grabbed lunch before we had to meet with the people at TG.

At 2pm we were met by Brian - the Product Owner of Travian:Legends, Martina - The Community Communications Manager, Chris - The Customer Service Team Lead and @Ameno at the hotel, and headed to the office where we were introduced to all the different departments.

And then the actual workshop started...

The first day was all about Community Management and Customer Support.

@ELE started off the workshop by representing the answers from her survey about the player base, and Martina followed up with a survey from TG, that thankfully showed the same results as ELE's.

The survey showed that the average Travian player is a 31 years old male or 43 year old female, both well educated and with more than 8 years of experience, no wonder new people are having a difficult time picking up the game!

We jumped to the Ingame Support (Support/Multihunters) where all of us agreed that it takes too long to get an answer from Support and Multihunters, not to mention getting a useful answer, instead of just getting the "Clear Cache and Cookies" whenever you experience ingame issues...

Violating of ingame rules...Yep...We discussed this, and it got pretty heated...And I personally believe it because a lot of the players don't read the terms when they sign up...But we all believed that the players should get more information about why they were banned in the first place. I presented a recent example of a ban on the UK 3x F&S, where they were actually told which IP/location and device triggered the ban, which apparently wasn't allowed from the MH/Admin, but Brian saved the day and got back to me on Day 2, turns out he had spoken to the legal department and we are now allowed to get the location of a specific login, if they are able to verify that they are speaking with the account owner.

Day 2:

Game design, game design and Q/A....Oh and the UK Community!

We started day 2 off with Jake, Head of game design, finally someone taller than me!

Offensive points and how some people farm natars to boost numbers (Mostly an issue on Tournament, since there are prizes on the line)
      I personally don't care about people boosting their off numbers by clearing natars, but we were talking about possible solutions to the problem. The suggestion that we discussed the most was natars only giving half the off points of what they are atm, but would mean that people hitting natars would only get half experience than what they are used to, but feel free to discuss this further in this thread!

Another topic was how we can stop bots and tech accounts/friendly farms.
      The most liked idea was to limit reinforcements and supplies to the same alliance and confeds, what do you think?

Mobile app!...It will unfortunately not happen right now, due to a lot of outdated/legacy code, but they are rewriting a lot of stuff (which is also why we recently have been experiencing a lot more bugs than we usually do...Whether or not they will develop an app later on when the code i up to date is another question though...Only time will tell!

A lot of people prior to the event wanted to know if a smaller or dynamic map is possible. We have already seen smaller maps on F&S, so hopefully we will see them in the future in regular servers, but nothing has been confirmed yet. For those of you who don't know what A dynamic map is, it's basically a map that expands based on the population of the server...It will not happen, it will cause too many balance issues with the random map generation after people have already started to settle.

Bot Detection and how it can be improved in the future was a topic we discussed for quite a while...I don't really think there's a need to go into much detail on this one. No, they did not tell us how it works, so stop your questions already. They are working on improving their bot system, an example brought up by Dirk (Tech Lead of the development team) could be to track mouse movements or maybe track whether your phone is moving when playing Travian. All of us, the participants would love to see features like that added at some point, but I believe all of the community would have a chance to comment on it, so is it something you would like to see in the future to decrease the amount of bots?

High load issues is apparently a thing on Tournament servers, here on UK, we are lucky only to experience load issues whenever the servers go completely crazy and has to catch up when it's restarting.

UK

The moment you'll have been waiting for...Prior to the event, I had asked Martina if there would be an opportunity to just talk about the UK domain, and I kinda thought it wasn't going to happen, untill she suddenly asked @Ameno and I to follow her, and I knew straight away what it was about! :thumbsup: We picked up Cecile and went outside to talk and enjoy the nice weather at the same time.

The main focus was about the current situation, and how we can improve the domain in the future. I obviously can't really share much at the moment as we all agreed on that nothing can instantly fix the domain. Yes, I am fully aware of what most of you will say, as a lot of you pm'd me prior to the event about it...but please keep it out of this thread, as I don't think it will fix everything...
      But if you have any other suggestions on how to improve UK, don't hesitate to either PM me or share your suggestions with everyone here in the thread, I know the people who are in control do read the forum, but I will make sure that it gets forwarded to them.

Day 3:
      More Customer Service, Yaaay!..Tournament livestream.

Multihunters...Training...2 words we rarely see in the same sentence...We discussed lack of training for Multihunters, either they don't have the game knowledge needed or simply don't know how to talk to customers...I think it's really different from domain to domain, as I have only experienced that the MH don't know the answer to my questions...So don't think it's a big issue here on UK.

Rule 1.1....TG were already aware of the rule being really really bad...as it's quite difficult to enforce...When are people really playing for their own benefit?...They are looking into a possible change to the rule, but still not 100% sure what to do.

Zero visibility of ingame staff, a topic I would personally love to see changed, we have all this QM (Quest Master) accounts here on forum, that belong to ingame staff as far as I'm aware, but how often do we see them post anything? Only replies we are getting when posting in the Q&A section on the forum, is a moderator telling the user to contact Support or MH ingame...Why not have them around on forum aswell?

Tournament, Livestream and more...
      <X Not much to say other than that to be completely honest..

...But thanks to the people who made "Ban Lemon" the most popular comment on the livestream....

I will be on the forum 24/7 until Wednesday, the 23rd of May, so please do ask questions about the event, I am more than happy to answer all of them!

GOLD, GOLD AND MORE GOLD
      For those of you who have managed to read through all of it, you now have a chance to win a bit of gold. I happen to be sitting with 8 x 50 gold vouchers, that I would like to give away to the community.

So Lemon...How do I enter this giveaway? It's more simple than ever, all you have to do is to like this post!

I will draw the winners on next Sunday, the 27th of May, so make sure to enter before it's too late!

The winners will be picked at random if more than 8 people enter

Links:
      Yes...Some of them are not in English

To Munich we go
      Legens on Tour Diary
      MEETING A MONACO!!! ITALIANI PRESENTI!!!
      "Legends on Tour" - podsumowanie
      Мюнхен. Поехали.
      Nach München geht die Reise

Representatives:
      @Aprendiz
      @cris@
      @ELE
      @FreakZz
      @LordTurek_PL
      @Safiren
      @Schmitz' Katze
      @slow ciliatus
      @Rinobit
      @Lemon

The post was edited 8 times, last by Lemon: Adding more links + List of participants + Typos ().

• New

Lemon wrote:

Mobile app!...It will unfortunately not happen right now, due to a lot of outdated/legacy code, but they are rewriting a lot of stuff (which is also why we recently have been experiencing a lot more bugs than we usually do...Whether or not they will develop an app later on when the code i up to date is another question though...Only time will tell!
      It's good to finally be given a reason for the sudden increase in bugs.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • New

You're getting a dislike for asking for likes (does that still enter me), other than that, nice post.

Any thing further on these bits on the board?

Flat out no?

Sounds handy and doable.

There has been rumours about this for a while, is it a thing?

Suppose now you can donate all your res to ally bonus to dodge a raid there is less reason for people to oppose it.

In skimpy outfits?

What do these blue dots mean?
    • New

Downloaded image and zooming in now into some of the notes posted on the board. The following is written on the board if someone is interested:

Column 1:
      -> COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT
      -> PLAYER BASE

-> Forum Rules
      -> Change edit function in forum
      -> Pillory (Wall of shame) (what does this mean?)

-> Social Media Plans
      Forum _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (sorry some words are hard to see xD)
      -> Update of Travian Answers
      Unpaid _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Column 2:
      -> CUSTOMER SUPPORT
      -> Respectful way of dealing with complains
      -> Better training for multihunter
      -> Lack of game knowledge in support team
      -> 0 visibility of support team work
      -> Stronger punishment for people who break rules
      -> Multiaccs
      -> Reasonable way of dealing with bans

Column 3:
      -> Support with troops/res only possible within any NAP/Conf (To kill black market)
      -> Nature/Natar give only 50% off points
      -> Improve/Change Daily quests
      -> Make artifact spawn later
      -> Change climbers ranking, population vs rank
      -> Change Morale Bonus

Column 4:
      -> More engaging end game phase - Change grey zone - WW random spawn
      -> Give resources back after a big fight
      -> Punish point boosters (tournament)
      -> How are decisions to introduce game changes made?
      -> Limit amount of Nap/Confed (to limit big meta)

Column 5:
      -> Smaller Map
      -> Merger, Server and Domains

-> 3.6 version once a year
      -> More 2x and 5x servers

Column 6:
      -> Mobile App
      -> Phone number to verify accounts
      -> Cancel Merchants (90 secs)
      -> Use the "Other" Statistic page to show Server day, days to artifacts, days to construction Plan
      -> Send all Farmlists with 1 click (omfg ty frickin finally)
      -> Mark all as read function (1 click action instead of 1 page)
      -> Female troops
      -> Decrease resources needed for alliance bonus.

Column 7:
      -> Q&A DEVS
      -> How Does Devs and Q&A team work?
      -> High Load Issues (Tournament Finals)
      -> More Detailed Patch Notes
      -> Lead times for patch releases
      -> Better tests before releasing Updates (you dont say?)
      -> Bot Detection/ Automatic _ _ _ _ (sorry again :/)
      -> Remove Proxies/TOR usage (RIP Aliens)
      -> Process for Releases

Column 8:
      -> BRAND MANAGEMENT
      -> Invest more in advertisement
      -> New players onboarding *brainstorm*
      -> Tournament *brainstorming*

Puts a lot of things out there to be discussed
      They see me rolling
      They hating

The post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: naughty words means your fingers shrink ().

• New

Blaze wrote:

Downloaded image and zooming in now into some of the notes posted on the board. The following is written on the board if someone is interested:

Column 1:
      -> COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT
      -> PLAYER BASE

-> Forum Rules
      -> Change edit function in forum
      -> Pillory (Wall of shame) (what does this mean?)

-> Social Media Plans
      Forum _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (sorry some words are hard to see xD)
      -> Update of Travian Answers
      Unpaid _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
      Unpaid multihunter last post-it.

I can’t decipher the word in the forum post-it either.

Without wanting to seem negative, these are all issues we have been banging on about in the community for years.

Unpaid, untrained multihunters has been an issue since the game started. Why is it only being discussed now? And it’s all very well discussing it, ten years in, but what solutions are there? Other than the obvious one of properly employing, training and paying Multihunters, which is what the player base have been asking for.

What were the answers to the issues raised please?

Stand out Award 2017 UK

The post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: fixed quote ().

• New

notorious crunchie wrote:

You're getting a dislike for asking for likes (does that still enter me), other than that, nice post.

Any thing further on these bits on the board?

Flat out no?
      No, you have to like the post to enter, it's easier to keep track of everyone that way, you are however more than welcome to share things you don't like about the post :)

I think they did try with a 3.6 server a long time ago, and it wasn't too popular as far as I remember...Don't think we got a clear answer on whether or not more 2x and 5x are coming, but I would personally love to see 2x servers, so I could finally beat you slow server players without falling asleep ;)

Sounds handy and doable.
      This is something all of us wanted, so I believe they may look into adding it in the future.

There has been rumours about this for a while, is it a thing?
      Not sure we actually got an answer on that one, but then again I missed a bit of the game design workshop..

What do these blue dots mean?
      We were each given a certain amount of stickers (dots), to place on the topics we would like to discuss the most, as we weren't able to go through all of the topics.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lemon ().

• New

Lemon wrote:

No, you have to like the post to enter, it's easier to keep track of everyone that way, you are however more than welcome to share things you don't like about the post :)
      Thought I already had :rolleyes:

Lemon wrote:

I think they did try with a 3.6 server a long time ago, and it wasn't too popular as far as I remember...
      So there was discussion about whether or not their would be one in the future of the possibility of doing one?

3 stickers is worth the discussion time of "we tried once, wasn't that popular".

I don't recall it happening so perhaps their problem is they ran the server in secret and didn't tell anyone...

Lemon wrote:

Not sure we actually got an answer on that one, but then again I missed a bit of the game design workshop..
      X(

Lemon wrote:

We were each given a certain amount of stickers (dots), to place on the topics we would like to discuss the most, as we weren't able to go through all of the topics.

Just before I completely lose my cool, as our appointed UK representative, how many dots did you have and how did you distribute them?

To me it seems you all you did when you went there was have one conversation that you say you're not willing to discuss.

The post was edited 2 times, last by notorious crunchie: Hawk being useless ().

• New

So there was discussion about whether or not their would be one in the future of the possibility of doing one?
      3 stickers is worth the discussion time of "we tried once, wasn't that popular".

I don't recall it happening so perhaps their problem is they ran the server in secret and didn't tell anyone...

Lemon wrote:

X(
      Just before I completely lose my , as our appointed UK representative, how many dots did you have and how did you distribute them?

To me it seems you all you did when you went there was have one conversation that you say you're not willing to discuss.
      We haven't discussed much about 3.6 servers. The 'classic' 3.6 servers lemon was referring to were for example the tc3.com in 2013 Statistiken für die Spielwelt tc3.travian.com - Getter-Tools or the tc11 in 2012 Statistiken für die Spielwelt tc11.travian.de - Getter-Tools

The latter one was started on several domains, and wasn't too successful. Few registrations despite huge advertisement on the forums and among users on both servers iirc.

Then, as you might know, there was a video by TG some years later in which they explained why t3.6 can't be brought back due to some technical stuff I cannot recall. Something with code, mess, and security.

About 2x servers: Nearly everyone agreed on 2x being a comfortable speed and many regard 2x as the best-balanced version. I am sure they got the message. One problem is there are so many versions of the game atm and servers pretty empty. So there were some doubts whether it makes sense to add another variation regularly. Poland and international Arabic have regular 2x servers besides tourney / qualifier due to their bigger player base. If one likes 2x enough - maybe go there to play it?

Server merge: On the one hand they are aware this is what they should do to increase amount of players per server. They have already merged some domains (balkan iirc) but not everywhere players are happy with mergers. And, well, they don't want to dispense us ;) So they won't just merge communities for sure.

Reducing amount of server per domain seems no good idea either since that would prolongue the time between server starts.

Both seem to be difficult to do and have to be handled with sensitivity.At least that's what I have finally understood from the discussion.

And @the dots: Having an over-filled collection of topics and weighing them the way we did is a common way to structure a discussion. We were 10 participants and had 3 to 5 dots each. Every day. So that's 110 in total. I don't think anyone can recall which exact dots s/he put where. At least I can't.

Quite a few topics with 2-5 dots were barely discussed since they came down to "some would like to have that implemented" and there was not much to talk about it.

Sorry for dropping into your discussion, just thought I could help to clarify some minor things. And on a personal note @crunchie: I am not sure about your idea of "appointed representative of a domain". At least I didnt feel like being asked to participate as representative. Just as an active member of my community. What I mean is: We are and were all just active players, no negotiators or diplomates. Might be you give a rather strong meaning to 'repreentative' that hadn't been intended by anyone else?

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
      (the doctor, voy4/25)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Schmitz' Katze: quote edit ().

• New

Schmitz' Katze wrote:

We haven't discussed much about 3.6 servers. The 'classic' 3.6 servers lemon was referring to were for example the tc3.com in 2013 Statistiken für die Spielwelt tc3.travian.com - Getter-Tools or the tc11 in 2012 Statistiken für die Spielwelt tc11.travian.de - Getter-Tools

The latter one was started on several domains, and wasn't too successful. Few registrations despite huge advertisement on the forums and among users on both servers iirc.

Then, as you might know, there was a video by TG some years later in which they explained why t3.6 can't be brought back due to some technical stuff I cannot recall. Something with code, mess, and security.

I don't recall there being any T3.6 servers on the UK but then again you are saying 6 years ago. I certainly do not remember a massive advertising campaign.

No, what video? Travian has a YouTube channel now?

Are you one of the people that were there? And you're saying they did flat out say no?

Schmitz' Katze wrote:

About 2x servers: Nearly everyone agreed on 2x being a comfortable speed and many regard 2x as the best-balanced version. I am sure they got the message. One problem is there are so many versions of the game atm and servers pretty empty. So there were some doubts whether it makes sense to add another variation regularly. Poland and Turkey have regular 2x servers besides tourney / qualifier due to their bigger player base. If one likes 2x enough - maybe go there to play it?
      I'm happy with 1x, only had the second post-it because there was a big circle around the 2. If I did want to play 2x though I certainley wouldn't go to a non-english speaking domain where my gold isn't transferable to.

Schmitz' Katze wrote:

Server merge: On the one hand they are aware this is what they should do to increase amount of players per server. They have already merged some domains (balkan iirc) but not everywhere players are happy with mergers. And, well, they don't want to dispense us So they won't just merge communities for sure.
      That's a 100% no they will not be merging domains?

Schmitz' Katze wrote:

And @the dots: Having an over-filled collection of topics and weighing them the way we did is a common way to structure a discussion. We were 10 participants and had 3 to 5 dots each. Every day. So that's 110 in total. I don't think anyone can recall which exact dots s/he put where. At least I can't.

Quite a few topics with 2-5 dots were barely discussed since they came down to "some would like to have that implemented" and there was not much to talk about it.
      So you only really went into depth on the ones with 6? So that is;

• Player Base
      • MH training
      • Alliance member only pushing
      • Server Merging

The last one of which Lemon knows nothing about and you managed 3 lines.

I would like to think if you had a limited number of subjects you could focus on you would remember exactly where you put every sticker.

Schmitz' Katze wrote:

Sorry for dropping into your discussion, just thought I could help to clarify some minor things. And on a personal note @crunchie: I am not sure about your idea of "appointed representative of a domain". At least I didnt feel like being asked to participate as representative. Just as an active member of my community. What I mean is: We are and were all just active players, no negotiators or diplomates. Might be you give a rather strong meaning to 'repreentative' that hadn't been intended by anyone else?
      No worries for dropping in. You've just made it harder to get the answers out of Lemon now.

Re representing and me reading it wrong see the below from the very first post in this thread;

Lemon wrote:

I have been chosen to represent the UK forum/domain at an event in Münich in a few months from now.
    • New

Hi @Schmitz' Katze and @Safiren. Thank you for your input. @Blaze has summarised the points you discussed from the board very succinctly. Is it possible that one of you, or perhaps @ELE or @Lemon could let us know what the responses to each of these were? At the moment, it’s all very bitty and a summary of each point raised plus its response would be very much appreciated :)

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • New

Might be the picture lemon posted led to a false impression. Just I dont know where the first one is... The board was all covered in paper. We later removed topics that didn't seem of great importance. This is when lemon's pic was taken.

And the circle, crunchie was no sign of importance. We had clustered the remaining topics and re-arranged them on the board for a better overview.

The discussion itself was not (as you seem to assume) like
      Q: Can you do that?
      A: yes/no

It was more discussing the pros and cons, giving reasons, identifying obstacles and challenges, pointing out difficulties and possible alternatives. We left TG with a lot of stuff for further discussion when we went away after three days of almost 24/7 game-talk. And mostly without a definite 'yes' or 'no', but with the strong feeling they will consider the points and ideas we mentioned.

@mercedes: For me, personally, it would be too much to comment on every single topic in detail here. Maybe someone else (with less issues typing in English ;)) could do that. My 'three lines' seem too little to satisfy everyone.
      You'll find lots of answers in ELE's thread on the .com domain. All I could offer if you like is we meet on our team speak server and I try to answer the questions you have.

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
      (the doctor, voy4/25)
    • New

Schmitz' Katze wrote:

Might be the picture lemon posted led to a false impression. Just I dont know where the first one is... The board was all covered in paper. We later removed topics that didn't seem of great importance. This is when lemon's pic was taken.

And the circle, crunchie was no sign of importance. We had clustered the remaining topics and re-arranged them on the board for a better overview.

The discussion itself was not (as you seem to assume) like
      Q: Can you do that?
      A: yes/no

It was more discussing the pros and cons, giving reasons, identifying obstacles and challenges, pointing out difficulties and possible alternatives. We left TG with a lot of stuff for further discussion when we went away after three days of almost 24/7 game-talk. And mostly without a definite 'yes' or 'no', but with the strong feeling they will consider the points and ideas we mentioned.

@mercedes: For me, personally, it would be too much to comment on every single topic in detail here. Maybe someone else (with less issues typing in English ;)) could do that. My 'three lines' seem too little to satisfy everyone.
      You'll find lots of answers in ELE's thread on the .com domain. All I could offer if you like is we meet on our team speak server and I try to answer the questions you have.

Which domain where you a representative of? As that is exactly how TG picked the people.

You spent all this time talking but have no record of most it, just "we discussed this a bit". Well what was said? What was the general opinion at the end of the talks? Did the pros appear to out way the cons but potential remained?

Maybe someone like Lemon could provide the feedback if you don't feel comfortable typing in English? That translates roughly into "go back to your domain and answer the questions or the people you represented".