UK Goes To Munich!

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

  • UK Goes To Munich!

    Evening Ladies and Gents,

    I'm excited to finally be able to announce to the public that there's an upcoming event happening.

    I have been chosen to represent the UK forum/domain at an event in Münich in a few months from now.

    I will hopefully be able to talk to a lot of the people at HQ, so would be amazing if we could use this thread to gather a whole list of things we would like to get changed...Doesn't matter if it's questions, ideas or whatever, I will try my very best to get as many answers as possible!

    Doesn't matter if its game or forum related, or maybe even something else, so fire away!

    Remember that this is most likely the best chance we have had in a while to get our ideas to HQ, so don't be shy.

    If you for whatever reason want to be anonymous, feel free to either PM me here on the forum or on skype. (can be found in my signature)

    I have no idea about the other domains, but I can only hope that they are gonna do something similar since we are here to represent the community!

    And please keep this thread on topic...(I will try my best to stay on topic aswell :rolleyes: )

  • Ask them what their long term plan is for Travian Legends, as it seems they are just going through the motions now. Do they have an end goal or target? What is their ambition?
  • @BlackBlade

    Now is your moment - if I had gotten the invite after all like it seemed I would, I would have brought your stuff myself ;) But as Lemon says, probably the best chance we have to bridge the gap, so I'd say it's definitely a good idea to use this opportunity with the time you spent on your project.


    Animis opibusque parati

    com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
  • - SERVER TRIBE versus TRIBE
    I already talked about it in the .it forum.
    It consists in a special server (like ROAs and FIRE&SAND, to make you an example) in which every player of the same tribe are allied and they have to fight against all the others.
    If you choose Romans, you have to fight Teutons, Gauls, Egyptians....

    The goal of the game is to conquer the regions with your allies (You can also create alliances and metas, why not?) in a system that is very similiar to the latest ROA.
    If the post gets a good amout of likes, i will translate the whole post with description from italian to english


    - UNDO THE MERCHANTS SENT WITHIN THE FIRST 90 SECONDS
    It's something EVERYONE asks since the discovery of America.
    As the system that works for sent attacks (that you can undo them within 90 seconds), many asks to be able to do it even with merchants.


    - CREATE A SERVER X2 (periodically re-started) WITH NEW TRIBES
    A lot of players keep asking for server with new tribes.
    Many also ask for a server x2 (with x1.5 troops movement), since x3 may be too fast and x1 are often too slow.

    Why to not put together the two needs and create a x2 that incorporates both the ideas?



    I'm with you Lemon, you're our voice!

    And we'll love again
    And we'll laugh again
    We'll cry again
    And we'll dance again
  • I’ve got a few of questions, mostly to do with the future of the game.

    1. Travian has been suffering with unusually high numbers of bugs lately and has seen a massive drop in player numbers; do TG still see Travian as a viable business option to invest in for the future, or will it be left to tick over until it no longer makes money with the focus moved on to new or other games.

    2. Looking at key markets, there is still obviously significant mileage in these. Do TG intend to do any significant marketing in other domains, or will they be left to stagnate as all investment goes into the six key markets TG currently looks at.

    3. Considering the massive rise in the use of tablets and mobile devices, especially phones, why has TG never looked at developing an app or buying into a third party developer to improve player numbers and revenue.

    4. Historically, TG has developed a reputation for poor customer service and communication. This is largely a result of using unpaid volunteers on the chalkface, together with inaccessible pathways of communication to HQ. Does TG intend to invest properly in game management and front facing customer communication to improve its perception amongst it’s player base, or does it have any plans to improve the current situation with lines of communication.

    I’ll probably think of a lot more, but for now, I think that technicalities to improve gameplay are minor considerations against whether the game will actually be around.

    Stand out Award 2017 UK
  • Mercedes wrote:

    I’ve got a few of questions, mostly to do with the future of the game.

    1. Travian has been suffering with unusually high numbers of bugs lately and has seen a massive drop in player numbers; do TG still see Travian as a viable business option to invest in for the future, or will it be left to tick over until it no longer makes money with the focus moved on to new or other games.

    2. Looking at key markets, there is still obviously significant mileage in these. Do TG intend to do any significant marketing in other domains, or will they be left to stagnate as all investment goes into the six key markets TG currently looks at.

    3. Considering the massive rise in the use of tablets and mobile devices, especially phones, why has TG never looked at developing an app or buying into a third party developer to improve player numbers and revenue.

    4. Historically, TG has developed a reputation for poor customer service and communication. This is largely a result of using unpaid volunteers on the chalkface, together with inaccessible pathways of communication to HQ. Does TG intend to invest properly in game management and front facing customer communication to improve its perception amongst it’s player base, or does it have any plans to improve the current situation with lines of communication.

    I’ll probably think of a lot more, but for now, I think that technicalities to improve gameplay are minor considerations against whether the game will actually be around.
    Unfortunatly, even if Trickster's ideas are really innovative and nice, these are the main problems.
    @Lemon in my opinion this is the best post of the thread, i find very important to bring these to Munich make understand TG the current community mode.
  • I don't think anyone here is unaware of this, but perhaps we aren't satisfied with the answers given so far.

    It would also be cool if there was a transcript of these videos, I'm a reader not a watcher and I'm sure a lot of others are the same. Don't really have time to sit through several minutes of waffle to get the answer to one question. Are there any transcripts available?

    Stand out Award 2017 UK
  • For me a very good idea would be to have some sort of cancellation available for troops, it may only be simple, but I am forever building the wrong troop type and can't cancel it.
    I have literally just built 70 hours of imps instead of praets by mistake, and no way to correct it. Maybe something similar to the edit function on the forums where you get a set amount of time to cancel/edit any mistakes.
    OR maybe I am just a nub 8|

    I agree on the points @Mercedes wrote, for me, if TG are not interested in pushing and supporting the game and are letting it die a slow and painful death, then there is little point to going any further.

    The point about customer service is a very good one, I have never known or seen such diabolical customer service, plus the lack of pathways to people who actually know what is happening and how to treat their customers. I highlighted this within a lengthy forum post a few years ago on the com domain forum and it got a lot of attention but nothing ever comes from it - unfortunately the post was not brought over with the merge.

    Maybe this is me being greedy, but there is a serious lack of gold promotions. The price went up and I am sure Travian must have seen a decline in gold being brought ever since, even if small, and at the same time I am sure promotions bring in a lot more money, I wouldn't expect them to be every week or so, but perhaps every 1-2 months wouldn't hurt - even if it was just a random 'flash sale' from time to time.

    I could go on further into some of the current game features but it's all a money spin so I know that would fall on deaf ears.

    Anyway, my 1p worth :)
    .....................................................................................................................................
    | Kato - SD | Helios - Hegem0ny | Helios - SP | Helios - L.S. | Apollo - DoH | Little Llama - DoH | Jesse Pinkman - Bar | Kali - -TG- | Red Army - 90s |
  • Mercedes wrote:

    I don't think anyone here is unaware of this, but perhaps we aren't satisfied with the answers given so far.

    It would also be cool if there was a transcript of these videos, I'm a reader not a watcher and I'm sure a lot of others are the same. Don't really have time to sit through several minutes of waffle to get the answer to one question. Are there any transcripts available?

    There are no plans to transcript, but you do not really need to sit several minutes since in the video description there is the direct link to every answers :)
  • Can you ask why all recent servers I've played on have had a surge in the number of bot accounts - can security in general be improved on servers? If more multihunters are needed can this information be displayed so people can apply if they feel they can help?

    Thanks.
    My artefacts bring all the heroes to my yard
  • Moogle wrote:

    Can you ask why all recent servers I've played on have had a surge in the number of bot accounts - can security in general be improved on servers? If more multihunters are needed can this information be displayed so people can apply if they feel they can help?

    Thanks.
    You think Travian like to delete 50%+ of th server on accounts to make them even more dead?
  • Honestly it's a bit sad that there's no mobile application given that we do live in 2018 where practically every little thing already has an app for it. Something like Travian is probably quite easy to do and with the amount of money people spend in this game it shouldn't even be noticeable to them to pay someone to make it anyway....

    Or does staff @TG still rock these, which aren't up-to-date with what people use now?

    [2017] si2 - Blobfish
    [2017/18] si1 - .iDKz!
    [2017/18] com29 - sph1nX
    [2018] com83 - Bacardi Time
  • daz wrote:

    For me a very good idea would be to have some sort of cancellation available for troops, it may only be simple, but I am forever building the wrong troop type and can't cancel it.
    I have literally just built 70 hours of imps instead of praets by mistake, and no way to correct it. Maybe something similar to the edit function on the forums where you get a set amount of time to cancel/edit any mistakes.
    OR maybe I am just a nub 8|

    I agree on the points @Mercedes wrote, for me, if TG are not interested in pushing and supporting the game and are letting it die a slow and painful death, then there is little point to going any further.

    The point about customer service is a very good one, I have never known or seen such diabolical customer service, plus the lack of pathways to people who actually know what is happening and how to treat their customers. I highlighted this within a lengthy forum post a few years ago on the com domain forum and it got a lot of attention but nothing ever comes from it - unfortunately the post was not brought over with the merge.

    Maybe this is me being greedy, but there is a serious lack of gold promotions. The price went up and I am sure Travian must have seen a decline in gold being brought ever since, even if small, and at the same time I am sure promotions bring in a lot more money, I wouldn't expect them to be every week or so, but perhaps every 1-2 months wouldn't hurt - even if it was just a random 'flash sale' from time to time.

    I could go on further into some of the current game features but it's all a money spin so I know that would fall on deaf ears.

    Anyway, my 1p worth :)
    There was a great suggestion to allow a feature to hide troop types you're not using in your troop buildings on Cali's thread I think, which I also believe was made ages ago as well but has yet to be actioned. Loads of great suggestions there as I said before, that would really improve the quality of life for Travian players/customers.

    EDIT: I keep referencing the thread, but here's the link to it for anyone that may have missed it and has no clue what I'm on about:

    Forum & Game, what would you like to see changed or brought in?
  • @Lemon to help you out, please use the report function on any posts that you find is not helping you so we can disable them and make the thread more readable.
    I'm not going to remove anything unless it's a clear violation of forum rules and netiquette.

    @Mercedes I'll make a quick transcript for you, maybe even shorten down the answers that are given in the videos.
    You can expect it within 48 hours, as I'm a bit busy tomorrow.
  • lovgren666 wrote:

    I have from time to time felt that heavy raiding accounts gets slowed down cause of the raiding vs deff accounts. I hate seeing all of the green raid reports and would like a function to delete all of them at once instead of deleting 99 at a time when you have over 200 k reports with another 600-1000 every five minutes.
  • MuchachoNL wrote:

    @Mercedes I'll make a quick transcript for you, maybe even shorten down the answers that are given in the videos.
    You can expect it within 48 hours, as I'm a bit busy tomorrow.
    That’s a really generous offer, but wouldn’t you be better putting your time into the forum? UK4 finished nine days ago and the HoF still hasn’t been updated.

    Stand out Award 2017 UK