Forum questions

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

Important reminder! On Tuesday, 28th August 2018 at 10:00 UTC we will ask you to accept the new Terms and Conditions while logging in your game account. Only the owner of the account will be able to accept them. The sitters won't be able to enter the account until the owner accept them.

More information here.

• Forum questions

I have a number of questions from the previous spambot thread which hadn’t been answered before @Administrator chose to close it.

1. Why are there so many inactive moderators assigned to the UK forum but no, active, Moderators who are familiar with the UK DOMAIN.

2. Why are so many posts removed and/or deleted without any communication to the posters, despite assurances from @Ameno that communications would be issued in all cases of posts being removed or moderated.

3. I have seen three members of the community banned this week just for mentioning a fan site (without even referencing where it is in two cases). Why? What’s so terrible about this site and why is it being blocked so actively when it follows all your fan site requirements?

4. Why wasn’t I also banned for referencing the WWk and WWr records table from this fan site in my signature? Surely it’s the same “offence”.

5. Why are forum users signatures being removed without any communication or opportunities given to make them acceptable?

6. Why is the HoF still not updated with a server that finished three weeks ago?

7. Why are some forum users allowed links to external, unapproved websites for their pet Travian projects in their signatures and not others?

8. Why are so many instances of dissatisfaction from forum users just being removed without discussion. There is clearly an unhappy community here of paying customers. What is being done about it?

I think these are all questions that both I, a paying customer who has devoted a huge amount of my personal time to promoting this game, and other members of the community deserve answers to.

I have screenshot this post and will take this further if this post is just deleted yet again without any of these questions being answered. The behaviour of the current forum crew is unacceptable. There seems to be a complete lack of understanding that the community here are PAYING customers who deserve better.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • I’m sure this will be dealt with in the same way any expression of discontent is, with the removal of the post and warnings issued.

I’m an optimist though, if I try long enough and keep persisting, eventually the message may get through?

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • Nothing happened in here...Just keep walking along

Think my post might have been caught in the removal of a few others posts due to the quoted post I originally responded to, I hope it still makes sense without the quoted post though.

And good that you can quote your own deleted posts, or it would have been lost.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Templar Knight: delete quote of a post that was already removed once. ().

• Mercedes wrote:

1. Why are there so many inactive moderators assigned to the UK forum but no, active, Moderators who are familiar with the UK DOMAIN.
      I brought this up many times while you were a mod and you showed very little concern for this then. Why is it an issue now?
      To answer your question I have spoke to all of those you have listed except one. Thanks for your concern now but we will handle it.

Mercedes wrote:

2. Why are so many posts removed and/or deleted without any communication to the posters, despite assurances from @Ameno that communications would be issued in all cases of posts being removed or moderated.

3. I have seen three members of the community banned this week just for mentioning a fan site (without even referencing where it is in two cases). Why? What’s so terrible about this site and why is it being blocked so actively when it follows all your fan site requirements?

4. Why wasn’t I also banned for referencing the WWk and WWr records table from this fan site in my signature? Surely it’s the same “offence”.

5. Why are forum users signatures being removed without any communication or opportunities given to make them acceptable?
      Deliberate posts that are just to flame/troll/insult staff and attempt to post things that have not been approved will be removed and warnings given and yes some without notification first since many of the post you speak about were breaking forum rules. While you were on staff you have also removed links just like your from players posts or profiles.

Your link has not been approved yet and trying to post it everyday on the forums is doing you no favors.
      You know it is being reviewed so to post like nothing at all is being done is not fair as it is just an attempt to make Travian look bad.
      So all posts and references will be removed and warnings given till you get it sorted out.

Mercedes wrote:

Since it is your site and being looked at then thought it would be nice not to ban you since it was being looked at.
      Will keep an eye out from now on though.

Mercedes wrote:

7. Why are some forum users allowed links to external, unapproved websites for their pet Travian projects in their signatures and not others?
      Because they went through the steps for approval and then waited for Travian to answer instead of spamming the forum.
      I have personally taken 3 sites off off of players sigs or profiles and then let Travian take a look at them. Some come back with an okay and some do not but nothing happens till they give it a yes or no.

Mercedes wrote:

6. Why is the HoF still not updated with a server that finished three weeks ago?
      HoF is being addressed but still not ready to release any info on that yet. :)
      So when we have more info about this then Dario will make sure to post about it.

We have no problem answering questions but we are not going to be baited into endless arguments that never end.
      Insulting anyone whether it be players or anyone from Travian staff paid or volunteers will not be tolerated at all.
      Post will be removed and warnings given and if posts are made just to do that then expect no notification since the posts are being composed just to get that attention.
      That is called baiting and again against the rules.

Hope this helps clear up some of your questions.
      As for your link then please wait to hear from Travian.

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES
    • Templar Knight wrote:

Mercedes wrote:

I brought this up many times while you were a mod and you showed very little concern for this then. Why is it an issue now?To answer your question I have spoke to all of those you have listed except one. Thanks for your concern now but we will handle it.

What does it matter if she is an ex-crew member of not? She is now not on the crew and is using an different account. She is not the only member concerned about Mods on the UK section. If I ask the same question, what answer do you give me? (That IS me asking the same question btw, so I expect an answer.)

Mercedes wrote:

Deliberate posts that are just to flame/troll/insult staff and attempt to post things that have not been approved will be removed and warnings given and yes some without notification first since many of the post you speak about were breaking forum rules. While you were on staff you have also removed links just like your from players posts or profiles.
      Your link has not been approved yet and trying to post it everyday on the forums is doing you no favors.
      You know it is being reviewed so to post like nothing at all is being done is not fair as it is just an attempt to make Travian look bad.
      So all posts and references will be removed and warnings given till you get it sorted out.

Travian already looks bad, they need no help from us to look bad. How can a link be under review and then you ask Mercedes to "get it sorted out". Surely the ball is one court, not both.

Mercedes wrote:

HoF is being addressed but still not ready to release any info on that yet. :) So when we have more info about this then Dario will make sure to post about it.

Surely you understand that removing a member of the crew that was committed to maintaining the Hall of Fame, and then not finding a replacement before doing so, falls on you. So when we ask about what is being done about it, you owe us an explanation. Unless you admit there was no contingency plan, in which case I go back to my previous post that you aren't performing to a good enough standard.

We have no problem answering questions but we are not going to be baited into endless arguments that never end.
      Insulting anyone whether it be players or anyone from Travian staff paid or volunteers will not be tolerated at all.
      Post will be removed and warnings given and if posts are made just to do that then expect no notification since the posts are being composed just to get that attention.
      That is called baiting and again against the rules.

Nobody is baiting anyone, you guys get a hard time because time and time again you fail to give us adequate answers or actions. Not push all the blame on us guys complaining when, if the job was done well, we wouldn't be complaining!
    • Templar Knight wrote:

I brought this up many times while you were a mod and you showed very little concern for this then. Why is it an issue now?To answer your question I have spoke to all of those you have listed except one. Thanks for your concern now but we will handle it.

No you didn't. I remember it being discussed once when we had a conversation about who was who, we never went through a list of moderators and who was and wasn't active or why.

Templar Knight wrote:

While you were on staff you have also removed links just like your from players posts or profiles.

This sentence is a bit garbled but I think I understand what you are trying to say. I removed spambot links to commercial sites that had nothing to do with Travian. Never from active forum users.

Templar Knight wrote:

I don't know it is being reviewed as I have had practically no communication. It isn't possible for me to sort it out, I've done what the published fan site policy states to the letter. I've done everything I have been asked to do.

Templar Knight wrote:

Since it is your site and being looked at then thought it would be nice not to ban you since it was being looked at.Will keep an eye out from now on though.

It might also have been more professional to communicate with me about this rather than just removing it. You may not have realised, but there is a little speech bubble icon at the top of the page that lets you communicate directly with forum users.

Templar Knight wrote:

Because they went through the steps for approval and then waited for Travian to answer instead of spamming the forum.I have personally taken 3 sites off off of players sigs or profiles and then let Travian take a look at them. Some come back with an okay and some do not but nothing happens till they give it a yes or no.

How long did they wait for an answer? Three days, three weeks, three years? I think the "nothing happens" is actually the most honest thing you have said in this entire post.

Templar Knight wrote:

HoF is being addressed but still not ready to release any info on that yet. :) So when we have more info about this then Dario will make sure to post about it.

By which time UK4 will have been wiped and the data lost.

Templar Knight wrote:

Then give adequate answers.

Now you've got that vent at me off your chest, please answer Lemon's post regarding why, when you do bother to communicate, you aren't following the standard agreed format for warnings.

Stand out Award 2017 UK

The post was edited 4 times, last by Mercedes ().

• and the posts deleted :D :D :D ... well done ... what a waste of time and effort of comunity to change something whe some individuals acting like they do
      I CAN

GOTN = Group Of The Noobs = 38 members with 70+ multi/push accounts = cross quad meta with 200+ players = pathetic
    • fishing for likes? what are the likes? not sure what you talk here about ... adding value to any tread is impossible here as only few chosen ones have all valuable treads and posts starting with players ending with moderators ... once this people stop acting like they do and maybe stop being here there might actualy be some some value to this forum ...

all I see here is deleted posts and bans for no reason

P.S. I am customer so I am valuable on here ;)
      I CAN

GOTN = Group Of The Noobs = 38 members with 70+ multi/push accounts = cross quad meta with 200+ players = pathetic
    • sorrywecan wrote:

fishing for likes? what are the likes? not sure what you talk here about ... adding value to any tread is impossible here as only few chosen ones have all valuable treads and posts starting with players ending with moderators ... once this people stop acting like they do and maybe stop being here there might actualy be some some value to this forum ...

all I see here is deleted posts and bans for no reason

P.S. I am customer so I am valuable on here ;)
      Have no idea what you tried to say there, it genuinely hurt my head trying to read it. You aren't valuable, but you'll soon learn that no customer is valuable to TG on here.