Guides on official travian blog

#AskTravian - Episode 4 is now available! Watch it here!

• Guides on official travian blog

Reading those made my morning a couple of days ago. I don't really know where to start so I will leave the please of bashing them to others. Yes, the blog is dead zone so you can post whatever on it with no effect and comments are blocked so it is double whatever. I have only one question: How hard is it to ask someone who actually play the game before you post such "guides"?

Travian for Dummies: 10 Tips against farming - already fixed
      Travian For Dummies: 5 Tips for Scouting About - still in the pipeline
      But what about Raiding? Top 5 tips to get it right - still in the pipeline

Comment from Ameno:
      We reworked first link tips so that they are more useful now. Thanks for pointing that out. Others are coming soon.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ameno: Added comment about work in progress ().

• Haha. If I didn´t know any better, I would think this was some sublime satire.
      Avslutade servrar:
      s1 14 - Nostromo - Reign-Beaux, s1 15 - Zarak,
      s2 16 - TENCHU - Algol,
      s3 14-15 - A A - Tobias,
      s4 13-14 - KIDS - Cyrus, s4 15 - MP - Solmyr,
      s5 13-14 - DEiTY - Daimyo, s5 14- TIKS - Aczalgaea,
      com3 16-17 - TVE - Hydra,
      com6 15-16 - ? - Kashmira (forum.travian.com/showthread.php?t=156483)
      com7 12-13 - AE- Piff,

Pågående servrar:
      s1 17-18 - GULD - Kilgor
    • Some days ago my dual found some even better ideas about how to play the game on the start page:

playstyle

See what the experts tell us about 'play style' (I REALLY miss that "mistergreen"-emotion)

"Send secret support to your neighbors" (= spike farms?)
      "Why waste time harvesting resources, when you can knock down your neighbor's door and ask politely. Demolish common enemies and strangers will become friends. And friends happily donate resources to keep peace." (= force others to send you resources or you'll crush them?)

Amazing advise. Go on, have a read. And a good laugh.

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
      (the doctor, voy4/25)
    • Today I found some more wonderful advise there:
      "A threat now and then hasn't hurt anybody."

Ehm, woulnd't it be fair to tell the players to use skype for the threats because they might be banned if they use igm? (angel)

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
      (the doctor, voy4/25)
    • Docto_COM wrote:

I wonder why daz likes your message about spiking, i seem to recall personally catching him when he was spiking his own alliance a few comx rounds back. In fact it got him kicked out of the leadership chatroom :whistling:
      sorry who are you? X/ :huh:

presumably you mean the time we cleared the guy a couple of times, lost a significant amount of troops for all the vultures to jump on it immediately? then we messaged these vultures I am referring to, to kindly ask if they can hold off respectfully for 24/48 hours to recoup loses, to be completely ignored and consequently the village got completed ravaged every few seconds. So my dual decided to plant a couple of troops in there....then yeah 8o

shame you haven't got over it.
      .....................................................................................................................................
      | Kato - SD | Helios - Hegem0ny | Helios - SP | Helios - L.S. | Apollo - DoH | Little Llama - DoH | Jesse Pinkman - Bar | Kali - -TG-

The post was edited 1 time, last by daz ().

• Just realised who you are, didn't associate Docto with Max...

Anyway, why you digging up dirt? What's the problem?
      You freely contact me when you have questions/issues relating to in game stuff, rules, MH stuff...

You just looking to piss someone off?
      .....................................................................................................................................
      | Kato - SD | Helios - Hegem0ny | Helios - SP | Helios - L.S. | Apollo - DoH | Little Llama - DoH | Jesse Pinkman - Bar | Kali - -TG-
    • Ghahaha you didn't clear any of those farmS, yes plural. You were doing it on several farms all day long. At first you denied it, then you blamed a dual we'd never seen or heard of. Weird that your excuse of "oh we cleared this farm and we're recouping losses" didn't come up back then.

Liar liar pants on fire. No one likes spikers
    • Docto_COM wrote:

Ghahaha you didn't clear any of those farmS, yes plural. You were doing it on several farms all day long. At first you denied it, then you blamed a dual we'd never seen or heard of. Weird that your excuse of "oh we cleared this farm and we're recouping losses" didn't come up back then.

Liar liar pants on fire. No one likes spikers
      Okay mate, jog on now. No one cares.

Oh and no one heard of the dual, the one that I've played nearly every server with for the past 10 or so years? LOL
    • Hi. Thanks (well, saw this thread few days ago but had to catch some people). I've talked to the tips-creator and we'll work on that together. (already started with "10 tips against farming"). I wouldn't mind some help from veteran pro-players, though, so if you believe we need to add something, please, write here.

About start page - well, I read that, but basically for me it's more like a poetic description of what each playstyle means rather than recommendations how to play the game. But I'll look into that as well.
    • Ameno, I want to make a guide, I sure do, but no time. One point I want to make for someone who takes on the task of anti-farming guide: get them out! It is doable to train settlers and settle before beginners protection ends, on speed server it is no brainier but yet many are getting out of bp with one village. Only if you have resources left after you can work on scouts, crannies (well, its different story) and whatnot.

I suggest TG starts a contest for such guides :) with a honorable mention in first letter as a award. It would be sooooo much fun to discuss these on the forum.
    • Many of the guides themselves were also written many versions ago and many new tactics and ways of getting to new village has changed

Maybe we need some new guides that are more up to date with how Travian has evolved today.

As ELE stated, guides are useful for everyone but time is the factor that keeps many from making them.

Not sure a contest is the way to go but I have an idea on something..........

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES

The post was edited 2 times, last by Templar Knight ().

• New

ELE wrote:

Ameno, I want to make a guide, I sure do, but no time. One point I want to make for someone who takes on the task of anti-farming guide: get them out! It is doable to train settlers and settle before beginners protection ends, on speed server it is no brainier but yet many are getting out of bp with one village. Only if you have resources left after you can work on scouts, crannies (well, its different story) and whatnot.

I suggest TG starts a contest for such guides :) with a honorable mention in first letter as a award. It would be sooooo much fun to discuss these on the forum.
      I think we can just add it as extra tip (or even separate guide when, how and why settle second village - I was thinking about that. For pro-players and pre-made alliances there are lots of pretty extensive spreadsheets what to build and in what order, but for new ones there is still not enough info). When we re-wrote that, we kept in mind more like casual players, real new ones, who are not that often online and not focused on settling second village from the start, and who are just exploring options. And of course, normal, not speed worlds. I'll think what can be done with that, though.

Guide contest - for sure. Let me sort out things a bit between and after the flights and we can do that.
    • New

Well we did give honorary emblems to those players here on forum, who community voted for being the legend of 2017 etc. in Awards 2017. That's one idea for Awards 2018 - instructor / sage / seer of year 2018. And there will be prizes of course.

Writing a game guide in a contest might take some of the fun out of it. Players need time to put their love and energy to their guides, and a time limit or a prize for the effort may water it down.

Game guide sounds more like a team effort and a topic for lots of discussions on strategies, tribes, and what's actually useful info for players of different levels.

...unless the game guides are similar to the ones in Answers page? Those would be pretty awesome and worthy of a contest!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Samisu ().

• New

Contest format does not have to be 3 days :) You can announce it in advance.Don't have to do all at the same time, can start with a smaller topic. I would also put it for discussion and let players vote for a winner at the end. Discussion alone would be great. In any case, happy to hear you guys are working on it :thumbsup: