UK1 Server Analysis - by KnowToFail

• Analysis
    • TS1

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. Your browser has JavaScript disabled. If you would like to use all features of this site, it is mandatory to enable JavaScript.

The Tournament 2018 Qualification starts on the 13th June 2018!
    Don't miss
    Safiren's Corner!

• APenguinOverlord wrote:

I think it's a good analysis. 100%+ 15c is a very nice metric to use imo - it's generally the most skilled and experienced players take these, so we can see the demographics of each alliance - not to mention they are the highest resource yielding croppers.

I disagree with SR that raiding is important at this stage. There are seldom few areas on the map where raiding is more profitable than simming - maybe the odd hot spot here and there, but for the most part the raiding stats alone mean nothing. Only if we had info on the number of troops per alliance could we see who was raiding most efficiently. But even then, it means nothing if people are going too hard on spawn troops instead of growing caps.
      So why are the top raiders getting from 0.5 to 1m/week, that is somewhere between half or more of a fully developed 4-4-4-6 village worth (1.13M/wk).
      Can you justify your assertion by pointing out someone that has simmed a full village extra?
    • graculus wrote:

APenguinOverlord wrote:

I think it's a good analysis. 100%+ 15c is a very nice metric to use imo - it's generally the most skilled and experienced players take these, so we can see the demographics of each alliance - not to mention they are the highest resource yielding croppers.

I disagree with SR that raiding is important at this stage. There are seldom few areas on the map where raiding is more profitable than simming - maybe the odd hot spot here and there, but for the most part the raiding stats alone mean nothing. Only if we had info on the number of troops per alliance could we see who was raiding most efficiently. But even then, it means nothing if people are going too hard on spawn troops instead of growing caps.
      So why are the top raiders getting from 0.5 to 1m/week, that is somewhere between half or more of a fully developed 4-4-4-6 village worth (1.13M/wk).Can you justify your assertion by pointing out someone that has simmed a full village extra?
      Not that I know a lot about raiding, but I think a lot is still done from spawn villages and spawn hammers arent as impactful in the long run? I am not sure about this information. Raiding should 100% be considered as a metric (but I somehow forgot of the top10 statistic), but raiding in the later stages is more impactful then as of now? Just my thought
    • It’s all situational. It depends entirely on return of income. Are you in profit or not.

Costs:
      • Loss of hero points being on resources.
      • Cost of training troops
      • Deficit from not upgrading fields (until you catch up, if you do)
      • Wheat consumption of troops alive
      • Cost of dead troops
      • Decrease in basic income as non raiders start building troops
      Income
      • Raided resources
      • Fields

Raiding is more efficient if you are able to turn a profit, you fail, then you should sim. Top raiders can generally overtake the simming pace of top simmers though that is rare and usually multi accounting peeps.

The attack points argument is a tricky one. I’m fully on the side of them being completely irrelevant at the moment. People attacking are not necessarily making a profit and even if they are, the simmers won’t be too far behind. Villages settled (what they are and the locations, quantity not essential currently but will be in the near future) is probably the most important thing at this stage as. Not to be confused with pop, although there is a correlation between pop and culture points it isn’t a straight line. Many will wait until they near that all important 2k culture points mark before they start simming properly.

Good analysis chap, I would always add visuals though, being the gettermap of the quads and locations. Defo helps.
    • graculus wrote:

So why are the top raiders getting from 0.5 to 1m/week, that is somewhere between half or more of a fully developed 4-4-4-6 village worth (1.13M/wk).Can you justify your assertion by pointing out someone that has simmed a full village extra?
      Some caps at this stage are making as much as 18k/hour - most good accounts probably aren't far off this mark. That's 0.5million per DAY lmao far better than raiding

Also, res tiles cannot get spiked, can't dry up and can't delete. Yes, the top few raiders on server might outprofit the simmers but they're 24/7, have great locations and may burn out from it. For everyone else, simming is the highest income route
    • On the attack points subject, you seem to suggest that they show activity? But I think that's entirely false because the lions share of attack points at the moment are being won by a few individuals who have buffed up their heros, so I don't think the figure tells us much about general alliance activity at all.

With regards to raiding being irrelevant, I'm not saying it's the be all and end all, but of the three top 10 stats of attack, deff and raiding, it's the only one that is at all illuminating in my opinion as to a tangible edge one alliance may have over another. It shows who has troops, although I agree this may be spawn troops and it doesn't always paint the picture and it shows more often than not who has control over the centre of their quad where the raiding is better. And I do refute that it's not a great source of income. Simming has it's own value at the stage and we give regard to that by virtue of looking at average pop and the kind of croppers that have been settled, why not factor in the source of income to get a full picture? That's what an analysis that seeks to give the full picture should do.
    • -SR wrote:

On the attack points subject, you seem to suggest that they show activity? But I think that's entirely false because the lions share of attack points at the moment are being won by a few individuals who have buffed up their heros, so I don't think the figure tells us much about general alliance activity at all.
      I doesnt show much, with the alliances that have simmilar attack points I.E. 20000-40000. But still if you compare 2 30member alliances and 1 has 5000 attack points and the other 25000, it either shows that the average activity is higher, or that one alliance has a few skilled attackers and then you can go look for them in the "Attackers" tab to take a note of them. Either way, at least something is moving in the alliance, while nothing is being done if 20 members have combined 5000 attack points. Just a matter of perspective.
    • KnowToFail wrote:

It might not sound like much, with with only the EI I got from the adventures, I managed to raid 100k resourses over 2 weeks. Only from nearby oasis, using my hero and bandages. Didnt train any extra troops for that. An example like that can then show in the statistic. Im way below average farmer and still have 407 attack points as of now. Now every decent raider has killed just as many or more animals. Considering there is 30-40 people in the alliances, then it raises/lowers the bar by 400x40=16000. Thats just an average animal killcount done by the allinance. Farms dont generate any attack points, since you arent killing anything.

EDIT: This looks messy. What im trying to say is, that if every member killed on average 400 animals, like I did. Then it can raise attack points done by the alliance by A LOT. Hence making it "an extra step to gather resourses".
      This is one of the responses I already made.

I would consider myself to have above average fields as of now and below average raiding. Waay below average. Yet I still managed to get that many attack points. Some have near 0, some have a few thousand. But thats the beauty about averages. I doubt the simmers already overtook raiders in troops. But thats just my opinion.
    • -SR wrote:

Right but I have barely any attack points, but raid above average and have fields above average. In the long term, the latter will be what allow my account to stand out,not having chanced upon some attack points early game.
      True. I shouldve probably included resourses raided/attack points had by an alliance then. From the statistic tab and then determine who is the most efficient in doing so. Would you agree that that would be a good indicator?
    • APenguinOverlord wrote:

graculus wrote:

Some caps at this stage are making as much as 18k/hour - most good accounts probably aren't far off this mark. That's 0.5million per DAY lmao far better than raiding
      Also, res tiles cannot get spiked, can't dry up and can't delete. Yes, the top few raiders on server might outprofit the simmers but they're 24/7, have great locations and may burn out from it. For everyone else, simming is the highest income route
      Sure, but you can't say they were not developed that quickly without the aid of raiding.
      For sure the best producing caps have enough troops and a mighty hero to clear their oases.
      Nor is raiding going to evaporate in the manner you describe, that would be unusual and at odds with statistical trends.
    • I can tell you firsthand, and also from sitting/chatting to multiple accounts of a similar standard, that this can all be achieved only by raiding with adventure troops. Even without you can get very very close.

I can also tell you that the more troops you make, the less efficient farming becomes. As you have to go further and further out to farm, you're making less resources/hour.

I don't want to get bogged down in argument with you, but most top raiders will only have a few farms that yield the majority of their income. If just 1 of them deletes, this is a massive loss to your raiding income.

Say what you like but unless you have massive farms near to you, your fields are going to make more than troops.

Of course troops can also clear oasis and destroy enemies, but I'm speaking purely for your economy.
    • You treat the two as being overly mutually exclusive. Nobody is debating that at present, fields are producing more than raiding, but there's no reason to ignore raiding income. All I have said is that there should be regard for it o get a full picture, not that it's equally important to or as much as your cropper production at this stage.