UK1 Server Analysis - by KnowToFail

• Analysis
    • TS1

• Right then your point is surely moot, because I never advanced the position that raiding is more important than simming at this point in time, simply that it can still be a valuable stream of income and should be appreciated as such alongside other factors in order to provide as comprehensive a picture of the state of affairs as possible. o say that it shows nothing is short sighted.

• One aspect of the raiding vs simming debate that nobody has addressed is: what is the cost to your life of having to send a raid list every seventeen seconds? <please discuss>

Also in case anyone needs yet another debate, the numbers of "good croppers" settled imo does not indicate how good the alliance is, but how organised they are as a group, which is an indicator of the general level of experience but not the be-all and end-all. I've seen brand new recruits follow instructions faithfully and settle comparatively quickly in a good cropper. I've also seen certain "good players" settle in pretty silly places inside other peoples' 7x7s then live to regret their decision when they get disposed of in short order.

Still, I did like the analysis and some of the comments here did tickle me :)
      ~ The Maestra of Mediocrity ~
      FairyFloss UK2 R8 ~ OopsyDaisy UK1 R10 ~ Real Doll UK5 R9
    • Elisa_UK wrote:

Also in case anyone needs yet another debate, the numbers of "good croppers" settled imo does not indicate how good the alliance is, but how organised they are as a group, which is an indicator of the general level of experience but not the be-all and end-all. I've seen brand new recruits follow instructions faithfully and settle comparatively quickly in a good cropper. I've also seen certain "good players" settle in pretty silly places inside other peoples' 7x7s then live to regret their decision when they get disposed of in short order.

Still, I did like the analysis and some of the comments here did tickle me :)

Yeah, as I said somewhere between the comments, I shouldnt have said "a good capital". I dont actually know how to describe it, but the more croppers you have, the better your end-game CAN look. Now I emphasised CAN, because as you stated, a lot of stuff can go wrong with the croppers.

Its gonna be interesting in a few weeks when I do a follow up analysis with how the alliances developed (around what coords did the alliance settle the follow-up villages etc).

Elisa_UK wrote:

One aspect of the raiding vs simming debate that nobody has addressed is: what is the cost to your life of having to send a raid list every seventeen seconds? <please discuss>

I think if the account is controlled by a good duo/trio, then it can work. Raiding does take a lot of time, if to be done properly. I saw/see a lot of people raid super hard early on, then get their hammer walled by doing something stupid and then quit.
      I have yet to see a good raiding solo account, that doesnt delete till arties.
      Just my opinion.
    • KnowToFail wrote:

I have yet to see a good raiding solo account, that doesnt delete till arties.
      Just my opinion.
      I saw one once on Au domain, dominated the server with the Unique AA right up until when it solo captured the WW for the alliance. Then when I chiefed a farm the raiding pattern was obvious and one IGM to MH later the account was banned :D BUT, they lasted till just before plans!
      UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed, UK1/12 Spirit/Betrayed
      #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
      Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this
    • Elisa_UK wrote:

One aspect of the raiding vs simming debate that nobody has addressed is: what is the cost to your life of having to send a raid list every seventeen seconds? <please discuss
      The sad fact is that many use a bot, and it's not even hard to do

And we'll love again
      And we'll laugh again
      We'll cry again
      And we'll dance again