Expansion Slot

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

The Tournament 2018 Qualification has started!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

The dev diary about The Journey of a bug is now available!
    Don't miss it: Dev Diary: The Journey Of A Bug
    Comments or questions? Discuss it here!

• Expansion Slot

I have problems to understand how the expansion slot works.
      So can someone explain it to me. I already build lv10 residence in my spawn vil. So in what order do i have to do in my second village and subsequently to maximise my expansion slot. Is it build the palace to lv15 and demolish it ? Rinse and repeat ?
      And how is it chiefing our own village will free up the expansion slot?
      ty in advance
    • Residence allows for 2 expansions, one at level 10 the other at level 20.
      Palace allows for 3. One at 10,15 and 20. Note you can only have 1 palace built at a time.

Since you are still early in the game its wiser to go for the cheaper alternative.

I personally suggest, if your second village is a 9 or 15 cropper, you can build a level 1 palace there, change your capital then demolish the palace, and rebuild a residence. It will save you a lot of resources.

Regarding the expansion slots. When Village A settles village B. It will take a slot in the residence of village A. So A’s residence will be 1/2. What you can do sometimes is have a third village C chief village B. This will move the expansion slot from A to C, freeing the expansion slot in A and allowing A to once again chief or settle a new village.

This is done mostly for people who want to have 3 chiefs in one village in order to fastly chief their opponents.

Hope it helps :)
      Deus Vult
    • hi there, ty for respoding.

i have read somewhere that it is better to build palace to lv15 then demolish it to build it in another village. so we use 2 expansion slot there. it is much cheaper.
      do people really use all of the 3 expansion slot of one village ?
      if i train 3 chief using the capital at lv20 and chief someone, so i used 3 of the expansion slot ? or amount of chief doesnt related to expansion slot used?
      So for example, a residence at lv10 that has been used to settle a new village when chiefed by our own, can train 3 settler again ?
    • The number of expansion slots available directly relates to how many settlers/chiefs you can train. Each expansion slot allows for 3 settlers or 1 chief.

People rarely use a palace to settle 3 villages because its simply too expensive, and can be easily evaded by a residence level 10 in a new village.
      So what people tend to do is a chiefs group. And thats when 3 chiefs are trained in one village. That can be done by building s palace there to level 20 and build 3 chiefs, then demolish it to do the same in another village. Rinse and repeat. These chiefs group of 3 allows for a much easier and faster chiefing procedure.

If you have 3 chiefs in one hammer and chief a village, you will only lose 1 Chief and thus one expansion slot and not all 3.
      If you have a village A that has settled village B, in order to change the founding village of B, you need a third village C to chief village B after destroying its residence. Now in village A you can rebuild 3 settlers or 1 chief
      Deus Vult
    • People chief their own support villas with other support villas so they can have 3 chiefing troops ready in their offensive villas at any given moment.

People do that for multiple off villages as well.
      You make 3 senators in palace, then you demolish the palace and build residence. Go to your other off villa and do the same there. You only have 2 expansion slots, but all 3 senators are taken into effect and you drastically increase your chiefing odds. I've seen people do this with up to 4 villages.

It's quite annoying to demolish and rebuild expansion buildings, but in the long run it works for some, so why not? :D
      Time to stop reasoning. (: