Hero Adventure 4 discussion thread

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Hero Adventure 4 discussion thread

​Hello Everyone

A new hero adventure will soon start on April 10th. You can use this thread to discuss the contest if you wish.

You can read more about the contest here.....

Hero Adventure 4

Remember the following....

- Your answers need to be posted in the thread.

- The thread is moderated so your answer will not be visible till that day has concluded.

Stay tuned...

You Travian Team

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES
    • MadZ wrote:

You're asking TK to do extra work than the absolute minimum? Of course he is going to ignore this!
      Nah he has already visited the thread after I posted about it, but chose to ignore it.

@Ameno It's effecting all domains, so maybe it's you who need to look into it?

Or maybe the legal department, as you are technically breaking the law.

• Well, I think we need to accept all possible answers as correct. I''ll inform CMs. Still doing some math.

My bad - though I asked 7 (!) people, quite experienced in the logical puzzles like that, to check this task, and they all came to the same conclusion without any doubt, that proves that the mind of the whole community is stronger than mind of separate individuals.

P.S. Mind checking the task with the changed last condition?

If Amizi is a priestess, so is Bennu.
      • If Bennu is a priestess, then either Phoeba is a priestess or Amizi is not a priestess.
      • If I am not a priestess, then Amizi is a priestess, but not Phoeba.
      If I am the priestess, so is Amizi.

Will it give only one answer?
    • The way I looked at it...

Ameno wrote:

If I am not a priestess, then Amizi is a priestess, but not Phoeba.
      If I am the priestess, so is Amizi
      So if I'm not or I am a priestess, Amizi still is, so that means by some logic Amizi 100% is. And you've got to go from that further.

If Amizi 100% is, then Bennu should be.

Ameno wrote:

• If Bennu is a priestess, then either Phoeba is a priestess or Amizi is not a priestess.
      Either this, or either that. But since the part of Amizi not being a priestess is false, then the first one is true, therefore Phoeba is as well.

Ameno wrote:

Amizi is 100% (due to 1st quote), so Phoeba shouldn't be, so you're left with Amizi and Bennu as priestesses... but that causes problems here:

Ameno wrote:

Since Phoeba is supposedly out of the picture, then Amizi shouldn't be a priestess... but she's 100% one. So you end up here:

Ameno wrote:

So, I'm guessing from all this: Neferati (me) isn't a priestess, nor is Phoeba. The only 2 confirmed ones are:
      Bennu - Which is only one, if Amizi is.
      Amizi - Which is one if I am or am NOT a priestess, so she's definitely one.

Phoeba has 1 statement saying she is, and one she isn't. So I've counted her out, same goes with Neferati.

I'm not 100% sure I am right though, just stating the method I've used.

Now that that's said, I just realized I wrote my answer differently in the Hero Adventure topic. :D

Sorry for the quote spam @Ameno, this way it felt like a simpler step-by-step of how I'd try to find the solution.

#rude
    • I guess this part is a bit different.

If N is priestess, then this sentence has no bearing.

IF X is true then Y is true doesn't mean if X false, then Y is false.
    • Aaaargh, I messed up here:

Ameno wrote:

Amizi is one, so the latter option is double negation (not - not priestess). So that would mean Phoeba in fact is a priestess as well, due to or this or that, and the latter or option is discarded.

But then...

Ameno wrote:

If Neferati is false, then Amizi is True, but not Phoeba. But Phoeba in fact is True

This riddle is just...

#rude
    • Sim_To_Win wrote:

Nothing wrong in this riddle, only some people trying to be too clever ending up confusing themselves.
      There is something wrong with the original riddle: it's unsolvable. We were given four clues - or let's call them constraints - that are not strong enough to leave us with one and only one valid solution. As it is, four alternatives satisfy the given constraints and saying that any of those hypothesis in particular is the true solution is simply wrong. All we can answer is "we don't know", as there isn't enough information.

The post was edited 1 time, last by PPinto ().