To My Dear Friends In PD Leadership...

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• sudedo wrote:

the original leadership that FU had, which came intact fresh off the tourney round
      I'd like to comment on this, though.

A good part of *FU apparently came from the tourney round, but also, a good part didn't. The *FU wasn't "Tourney Round Continued", it was a brand new crew put together of the Tourney Round Crew and other people.

For my part I had no idea that "the original leadership came intact fresh of the tourney round". This was never communicated neither before the server started or after it had started. So, I'm just not going to agree on that one.

trumpery_us: Yes gladly! Though highly unlikely really, since I don't play much :)
    • I don't believe that is what this thread is for Bane. I'd ask that you please take that to the S1 chatter thread.

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.
    • Lord Bane wrote:

Delusion wrote:

bane learns how to use a gif and doesn't know who to act

He said "who", not how.. lol
      s1 : Storeythor travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • Hey thanks for the shout out Carni and others. We really enjoyed some of our time coming back, mostly the combat with Spencer and team. The SE gave us a good fight all server long on the border. I also enjoyed the conversations I had along the way with some like Radioactive, Lanie and others.

Now before I get into my reply, Bane you might want to go get a bottle of Jergens and a wet nap.

You ready?

Ok here you go.

Leadership is defined as the act of leading a group of people or an organization. They key to leadership is the ability to take action and be accountable for the actions of your team. I can say, without any hesitation, that the group in the SW leadership room was anything but leading. There were some great players in the group for sure and some darn good coordination on the part of our defense team and our artifact rotation. What we lacked was any kind of long term planning or strategy. We lacked accountability and we lacked one decisive voice to be the voice of the team. For all the banter back and forth I have had with Q I can honestly say she's a true leader. I don't agree with her strategy but at least she had one. We usually got to a milestone on this server with a "oh crud, we need clears for artifacts" or something like that.

I like Pyrate's call out to our military background because it allowed me to put into words what I saw this round in the leadership room. Just because you're a good marksman doesn't mean you'll be a good squad leader and that's what we had in our room. We had 19 people and of those 19 I would estimate that a dozen were there because they were promoted to the level of incompetency. Meaning, they were solid Travian players but they couldn't lead. When the going got tough, they curled up into a ball in the corner and wouldn't take ownership. I find it funny that a member of the council would call me out for ruining a team...you're in charge dude. If you felt I was doing something detrimental to the team by yelling until people took action then you should have been a leader. Maybe I intimidated you, who knows.

The PD team that played was responsible for 3 of the biggest EGHs we had as well as the most active working hammers and defenders all server. Did we delete yesterday? Sure but not until the game was already decided. Anyone who thinks that the SW had a chance after the NW and Dilly train landed on us was smoking some funny weed. Maybe if the leaders had paid attention to the intel we had they would have known.

The downfall of the SW team was not PD, if not for PD you would have lost months ago. Was I selfish for deleting? Yeah probably but I'm on vacation and don't really care to look at the game anymore. We lost, the NW won. Game over, why should I keep sending resos and reins to the WW? Because it's fun? You have to know when to stop putting good money on a bad bet.

Maybe if the leaders didn't conspire against our own WW holder to build another in a secret room, we could have consolidated our efforts. Maybe we could have PLANNED something this server (weekly ops hitting wheat fields don't count as strategy). I and PD didn't ruin the SW, your lack of leadership ruined the SW.

Maybe if we had a scout coordinator who could organize scout ops, we would have known where the NW EGHs were. Jarwa took it upon himself to sit USS Enterprise and scout the NE, that's why we knew what the NE had for EGHs and offense. We had NO idea where the NW hammers were. Maybe we could have scouted the SE more, who knows. Maybe if we had a comprehensive offensive plan with a goal, we could have done more with our great working hammer groups. If there was a plan or any long term strategy, it was never discussed in the leadership room.

There were far too many secret conversations happening in our 'leadership' group. We had our leadership talking to NE leadership (thanks for the tip about Contes btw). We had our leadership team in one off conversations all over the map but not sharing with each other. There was no trust at all, from day one. You want to find someone to blame about the way things ended, go ahead and point at PD if it makes you feel better. I think it's awesome that a dozen solid players can totally undermine an entire alliance and make the entire server want to hate us. Before you do blame me for the downfall of the quad I'd like you to at least acknowledge the dozen or so accounts I sat this round to save them from attacks and the gold I bought on all of the accounts to keep them from deleting. The players I and other PD reached out to so we could help them get their accounts back on track. The massive pushes we sent out to rebuild villages and armies that had died. The accounts we forced into deletion on the SW/SE border during the wars and so on. Once you've taken that into consideration, I'd love for you to list out how you contributed other than getting your EGH chiefed Carni.

I can't blame Kerzi for anything that happened this round because she just had too much going on to contribute until the very end. So while I can't blame her for it, I think the void she left is what hurt the most. She was the single point of contact that brought all of the individual teams together in the SW. Without her voice of moderation, we never gelled. When I started the server at her request, I was asked to be a consultant in the leadership room. I told her that I only have one speed and am not going to shy away from telling people what I think. I held true to that all server. I never took, nor was I ever given a role other than being PD's voice in the room. Any and all decisions that were made on PD's behalf were done with whatever direction the room wanted to take. The act of deletion was the only act we took that was outside of the direction of the room.

With that, I and the rest of PD depart from Travian. If you're interested in chatting with us, we'll be on our PD Discord. We'll be playing Bless Online in a couple of weeks and we'll be in Command and Conquer in the fall.

-Sir William
      Guildmaster of the Purple Dragons
    • lol William is there literally not a fiber of responsibility you can take? All I see is you blaming others for not doing your work for you when you bullied them. Other players here are taking some responsibility for what went wrong, and from what they say you dictatored a lot of the round. But you can't find it in your heart to admit one single thread of guilt?

True leadership material I tell ya.
    • Sir William PD_US wrote:

Now before I get into my reply, Bane you might want to go get a bottle of Jergens and a wet nap.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

What we lacked was any kind of long term planning or strategy. We lacked accountability

Sir William PD_US wrote:

When the going got tough, they curled up into a ball in the corner and wouldn't take ownership.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

If there was a plan or any long term strategy, it was never discussed in the leadership room.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

There were far too many secret conversations happening in our 'leadership' group. We had our leadership talking to NE leadership (thanks for the tip about Contes btw). We had our leadership team in one off conversations all over the map but not sharing with each other. There was no trust at all, from day one.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

So while I can't blame [Kerzi] for it, I think the void she left is what hurt the most.

• I'm highly entertained by SirW referring to military experience while simultaneously saying he yelled at leaders and "told it as it is" which to my knowledge is pretty frowned upon in the military.
      I've probably played 30 servers at this point

US1 Honeybadger - travian-reports.net/us/report/46781746d83
      travian-reports.net/us/report/49535643339

I blame blazin1 for any actions that may occur during the course of any server
    • Teutons wrote:

I'm highly entertained by SirW referring to military experience while simultaneously saying he yelled at leaders and "told it as it is" which to my knowledge is pretty frowned upon in the military.
      Feel free to Skype me for some "best of" in this arena. :saint:

Also, I'm VERY curious what SW thinks about the lack of long term strategy considering...
      1. he admitted in leader chat he didn't know how end game worked
      2. his life partner and co-leader (of PD, here) was Council.
      3. every conversation I tried to have with him about strategy went something close to "attack stuff"