To My Dear Friends In PD Leadership...

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Sir William PD_US wrote:

Leadership is defined as the act of leading a group of people or an organization. They key to leadership is the ability to take action and be accountable for the actions of your team.

My favorite part of your whole post is starting out with this and then writing a short essay on how nothing was your fault.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

I find it funny that a member of the council would call me out for ruining a team...you're in charge dude. If you felt I was doing something detrimental to the team by yelling until people took action then you should have been a leader. Maybe I intimidated you, who knows.

This part's funny to me too. You want to talk about council? Your wife was on it and everyone knows you watched it just as closely as she did. You know as well as I do that by the time I was "on council" there was no council and that was out of my control.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

The PD team that played was responsible for 3 of the biggest EGHs we had as well as the most active working hammers and defenders all server.

This part is just factually false. I can pull up fact for fact if you'd like me to but instead I'll just point to Puss N Boots and my own EGH which was never chiefed and still bigger than two of the PD EGHs after losing 110k a week before launch.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

Game over, why should I keep sending resos and reins to the WW? Because it's fun?

Because people you and I led for months still care and it required nothing from you. Your trade routes were set up, your defense was in the wonder. You didn't have to look at the game to keep contributing. But instead you couldn't be bothered to even think about others.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

Maybe if the leaders didn't conspire against our own WW holder to build another in a secret room, we could have consolidated our efforts. Maybe we could have PLANNED something this server (weekly ops hitting wheat fields don't count as strategy). I and PD didn't ruin the SW, your lack of leadership ruined the SW.

You know, you would say things like this when we were on the same team and I would just have to suck it up and not say anything. Now I get to laugh at you in public as you embarrass yourself. If you think anyone conspired to build the Brat wonder with the intention of hurting Minka you didn't even bother to look at what we were doing. But I guess since you never even bothered to learn how end game worked I can't expect you to understand the strategy for it either?

Sir William PD_US wrote:

If there was a plan or any long term strategy, it was never discussed in the leadership room.

*chases off and screams over anyone who talks about long game strategy* "BUT THE SOUTH EAST"

Sir William PD_US wrote:

Before you do blame me for the downfall of the quad I'd like you to at least acknowledge the dozen or so accounts I sat this round to save them from attacks and the gold I bought on all of the accounts to keep them from deleting. The players I and other PD reached out to so we could help them get their accounts back on track. The massive pushes we sent out to rebuild villages and armies that had died. The accounts we forced into deletion on the SW/SE border during the wars and so on. Once you've taken that into consideration, I'd love for you to list out how you contributed other than getting your EGH chiefed Carni.

You did help out members. Shame you couldn't do that for a few more days when it required nothing of you.
    • Sir William PD_US wrote:

Maybe if the leaders had paid attention to the intel we had they would have known.
      How many times do we have to say it You guys were the leaders! CESARA was counsel. She should have been leading. When she was voted in it was understood that it would be you as well. We all knew this because you are married to her. You at any time could have stepped up and lead when Kerri left. Talking about Kerri, she brought too many advisors (friends) into leadership chat. She failed to remind all of you that you were guests in the chat room which you had no business being in. You have a poor memory that you guys were the leaders I guess. Point fingers all you want. We all know that between PD and Kerzi FU was never going to win.

The post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: removed real names. Real names are not allowed on the forums. ().

• The question is, are you ready?
      /me cracks knuckles
      /me cracks neck

Sir William PD_US wrote:

Leadership is defined as the act of leading a group of people or an organization. They key to leadership is the ability to take action and be accountable for the actions of your team.
      Yet, you still refrain from being accountable for anything. Your entire post was a one big "poor me". By your own words you are not a leader. Your wife was a council member of the SW. If there were problems, she had power to solve it. She didn't. You admitted you each look over each other's shoulders when it came to skype. Her being council made you council by proxy. You never did anything to rectify the problems.
      The only action you ever took was to belittle others.
      By my words, you are and have only ever been, a bully who cries loud.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

I can say, without any hesitation, that the group in the SW leadership room was anything but leading.
      Perhaps if you didn't try and stifle it at every crossroads?
      When I was OC, I outlined a server plan, deadlines and assigned players. I gave you what you needed to do and I expected it to be achieved in ways you best knew how. Nothing ever happened and yet here you are blaming others.
      /slowclap

Sir William PD_US wrote:

We lacked accountability and we lacked one decisive voice to be the voice of the team.
      You are right. Your issue was you were only ever solely accountable to Kerzi (rather than the council who were all equals with her) and you wanted to be the 'voice of the team'. When PD were given a large opportunity to be voice (Cesara in council) the SW got what they have this round.
      Rather than cop the result, here you are deflecting blame.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

I like Pyrate's call out to our military background because it allowed me to put into words what I saw this round in the leadership room.
      Cool. Should I bring up my military background? Should I bring up the Lt.Cols I'm associates with? The brigadiers I've met?
      Should I also bring up my project management experience in civvy street? Should I bring up my part in managing portions of a project that totalled $68 million?

Sir William PD_US wrote:

I find it funny that a member of the council would call me out for ruining a team...you're in charge dude. If you felt I was doing something detrimental to the team by yelling until people took action then you should have been a leader.
      That'd be all well and good if you ever actually had any accountability to anyone other than Kerzi. I learned very early on that you only approached things in a your way or the highway attitude.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

The downfall of the SW team was not PD, if not for PD you would have lost months ago.
      No, pretty sure PD played a large part. Pushing for a useless war against the SE did more damage than any benefits from activity could ever replace.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

You have to know when to stop putting good money on a bad bet.
      I do know. It's why I left when I did.
      My words to Kerzi were "It took me months of a server to realise I couldn't fix a previous problem. It's taken me all of a week to realise I can't fix this one."
      'This one' being PD.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

Maybe if the leaders didn't conspire against our own WW holder to build another in a secret room, we could have consolidated our efforts.
      How the hell was I consulted on this topic when SW leaders weren't?

Maybe if the 'main' wonder holder didn't message anvils behind the other wonder team's back, the secondary wonder might have been more successful?
      Right or wrong, the SW committed to 2 WW's. Your job wasn't to question that decision once it was made. Your job was to support it.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

Maybe we could have PLANNED something this server
      *AHEM*
      DO WE REALLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR TOPIC?

I set out a 3 phrase offensive plan that was accepted by the council at the time that took the SW throughout the entire round.

I had been planning for end game prior to second villages even being claimed.
      There were 3 croppers that were being held from the general membership; the 3 closest to the -100|-100 wonder. They went to the owner (Minka), an account that was supposed to be a sitter (Brat) and to an anvil (despite my advocacy for the other to go to the second sitter).

Sir William PD_US wrote:

I and PD didn't ruin the SW, your lack of leadership ruined the SW.
      No, you and PD quite distinctly ruined the SW.
      The only place you could even potentially shift this blame is to Kerzi for never bringing PD to heel. To even do that would only further showcase PD's inability to take accountability for their action.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

Maybe if we had a comprehensive offensive plan with a goal, we could have done more with our great working hammer groups. If there was a plan or any long term strategy, it was never discussed in the leadership room.
      Please refer above.
      It had goals, timeframes for each of those goals, and who was allocated to each particular goal.
      This was told to yourself, Cesara, Tarheels and Jarwa as the respective OCs at the time in the OC room and vetted by the council at that time (Kerzi, Excel, myself).

Sir William PD_US wrote:

There was no trust at all, from day one.
      Maybe if you didn't berate Meherrin into deletion for not respecting her beliefs? Maybe if you showed an ounce of apathy for your actions?
      Maybe if you didn't share confidential topics to those in PD instead of giving your own thoughts and opinions as was requested?
      Trust is earned; not demanded. You never earned it.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

I'd love for you to list out how you contributed other than getting your EGH chiefed Carni.
      Did you even pay attention to the server?
      Carni capped the hammer. It was then used on the NE and bought down the wall.

As for how he contributed, he was my equerry whilst I was still in the SW. He was my sounding board. Not only that, he gave himself up to build a wonder that never really stood a chance of becoming anything other than a EGH magnet.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

I can't blame Kerzi for anything that happened this round because she just had too much going on to contribute until the very end.
      I can. She is at fault for never bringing PD to heel. Among other errors which I don't particularly care to comment on here since they don't refer to your quotes.

Sir William PD_US wrote:

I never took, nor was I ever given a role other than being PD's voice in the room.
      So, you were never in the OC room? You were never an OC? You never planned any operations?
      Your wife was never made a councilor?

Sir William PD_US wrote:

With that, I and the rest of PD depart from Travian. If you're interested in chatting with us, we'll be on our PD Discord.
      Good riddance.

Expect me.

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.
    • "quite a few of us are prior military" PyrateSilly

Sounds like an attitude that was shared by several in PD, a symptom of their blind spot. Suggests arrogance and a belief that they know how to lead in travian better than non-military, which likely came through in their attitude towards other opinions, and overall douchebaginess.

I know 26 year old nimrods who change tires all day that are "prior military". It don't mean crap, and you hold it out like it's a permission slip to be in charge. yes, some good strategy is tought in some military circles. I'll take a West Point QB any day. But I'll also take a sr manager of a Fortune 500 on strategy, leadership, team building, etc. You know, leadership in the military isn't so hard when you can imprison and harrass anyone who disobeys a commanding officer. Try leading a team of 200 highly creative and intelligent developers, data scientists, and product managers, that you can't throw in jail for not following orders.

In other words, put your badge aside, and learn how to lead.

It's like "mom, I'm the best leader here and no one is following my orders!!!!" Uh, yeah. Leadership, you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it does.
      "The world is organised by the war economy and the war culture." -- Eduardo Galeano

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." --Napoleon Bonaparte