What happened to the UK forum

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• What happened to the UK forum

Hello and welcome to our new moderator who has just joined the forum

wbb.forum.travian.com/user/548901-yowie/#about

At one time,vacancies for moderators were advertised for the UK community to apply. At one time, the crew was made of UK players. That was the situation for ten years.

Things have changed in the last few months and the community no longer seem to be wanted. We are here to be controlled, to be told how to behave, to be “managed”. In all the years I have been a part of the community there have always been active moderators who played these servers and knew us. This is no longer the case and despite all the efforts I have made over the last few months, nothing is changing.

In the morning I will be requesting my account to be closed and for all posts made from it to be removed, including all the posts made in the HoF with the last few months updates.

If anyone wants them, ask around as there is an alternative. Maybe one day someone else will care enough to maintain these records but for now I’m afraid I can’t do it any more.

Stand out Award 2017 UK

The post was edited 2 times, last by Mercedes ().

• When it comes to people still playing Travian and still contributing on the forums a lot I now think of the following quote

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

If you choose to keep banging your head against a wall you can't blame them. You know what they are like, they never have had any concrpt of customer service, to expect anything else is naive.
      This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
      Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
      This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
      In your dreams Sunshine xx
    • Mercedes wrote:

Hello and welcome to our new moderator who has just joined the forum

wbb.forum.travian.com/user/548901-yowie/#about

At one time,vacancies for moderators were advertised for the UK community to apply. At one time, the crew was made of UK players. That was the situation for ten years.
      In the future I do intend to do that as the need arises. You can bank on that statement. :|

Yowie was just a fun person to grab so wanted to make sure I got him before other domains grabbed him.
      This way he gets corrupted the right way. A proper introduction will be forthcoming.

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES
    • Templar Knight wrote:

In the future I do intend to do that as the need arises. You can bank on that statement. :|
      Yowie was just a fun person to grab so wanted to make sure I got him before other domains grabbed him.
      This way he gets corrupted the right way. A proper introduction will be forthcoming.
      Yeah super fun when we get rando mods who know nothing about the domain. Wasn't Muchacho supposed to be fun too? How'd she do?

Basically set them up to fail, but then in fairness TG did that to you.
      Look what I found of mine from the old UK forum!

Gaul WWK: Converter - Battle reports Travian
    • Templar Knight wrote:

Scared of AU grabbing him? Or maybe the people at AU are too busy figuring out the day 4 adventure puzzle themselves, so they dont have time to recruit new people nor post the winners 8o

• Templar Knight wrote:

You may be right.

He could also be a fun person for only US/Com domain as well, don't you think?

UK could have a separate forum moderation like AU/NZ has. I think most people already accepted the fact that you're the CM for both domains, but having almost every mod responsible for the UK domain to be foreign does make it look as if UK is something less here.

#rude
    • Templar Knight wrote:

Is the "being funny" the standard needed to be a Mod?

And we'll love again
      And we'll laugh again
      We'll cry again
      And we'll dance again
    • I feel very sorry for this new guy.
      Who in their right mind would want to work under the dictator anyway :S
      .....................................................................................................................................
      | Kato - SD | Helios - Hegem0ny | Helios - SP | Helios - L.S. | Apollo - DoH | Little Llama - DoH | Jesse Pinkman - Bar | Kali - -TG- | Red Army - 90s |
    • Please keep this thread on topic and polite.

Posts do disappear so that I can go back and read them a few times if needed. I prefer to make sure that I have had my tea prior to dealing with the forums some mornings. And today is one of them.

If posts are not on topic in here and are not polite, I will be the one removing them.

Forum User Guide
      Please contact in game Support for in game issues.
    • playingwithfire wrote:

Please keep this thread on topic and polite.

Posts do disappear so that I can go back and read them a few times if needed. I prefer to make sure that I have had my tea prior to dealing with the forums some mornings. And today is one of them.

If posts are not on topic in here and are not polite, I will be the one removing them.
      It's 14:11 in the afternoon though, who has breakfast at this time? Oh wait, you're half way around the world trying to control a UK forum too...

The post was edited 1 time, last by MadZ ().

• Can someone just address a simple query for me? Looking at you here @Ameno @Templar Knight @playingwithfire

It is becoming abundantly clear to most of us forum users that Travian GmbH actually does not care about the experience of us forum users, at least in this domain.

We have made it incredibly clear we are dissatisfied with the crew who currently manage our forum and the fact they have little to do with our community. Most of us feel that the crew we had before were a lot more understanding of the culture and nuance of dealing with our forum and the dispositions of UK forum users. You who are currently more hands on in lieu of those ex-crew who were removed for unknown reasons, are not doing a good job.

The UK forum users as a collective disapprove of you and your methods. We do not know you and we will not accept you.

So why is something not being done to address this? Why is TG prioritising you, who are not meeting the needs of the community you have been given responsibility over, over us, who are actually here using this service? Isn't it business 101 that if people are dissatisfied with a product you've made changes to, those changes should be removed?

In any event, what else do we need to do to get the change we want to see in the crew managing our forum? Do we need to write to TG or set up a change.org petition or something? Is TG so removed from its customers and are you guys so blind that you can't see that what's happening now is not working? You seem to write posts asking people to stop misbehaving, but fail to appreciate that this flood of poor behaviour was prompted by your own appointments to the UK domain.