What happened to the UK forum

#AskTravian - Episode 4 is now available! Watch it here!

• notorious crunchie wrote:

Speaking of Multi's...
      what?

notorious crunchie wrote:

Since when did you come to UK? I thought .com was more you cuppa tea
      I have all English speaking forums on my forum feed as do many others. You are not on an island in this virtual reality.
      If you asking about the past I don't remember how I got certain links but since I got them I always included uk domain in my searches for info.
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

Speaking of Multi's...

Since when did you come to UK? I thought .com was more you cuppa tea
      Me? I've never been .com but it was hard not to get excited when you put it that way, this is why you have my vote for CM

As to ELE I agree the uk forum was great, people put a lot of time into guides, hall of fame, general banter etc (hence why I'm upset my post count now shows just over 100 when I had about 1500 on the old forums) but the forum posters of old left, You have a small core of old skoolers left from what I've seen.
      This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
      Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
      This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
      In your dreams Sunshine xx
    • Yeah the UK forum isnt what it used to be by a long shot. (That isn't a dig mods, it genuinely used to be an awesome place)

ELE wrote:

You are not on an island in this virtual reality.

My bad. I just assumed people playing the domain would be the ones active on the forum ....

sorry? I think, maybe? I dunno, maybe you're the chick in this scenario?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Templar Knight: edit bad word/no warning ().

• :D

Ok. I am a chick. Feel better now?

I rarely read specific server topics, but other parts? why not?

I understand many people left, its the same on all domains, all forums and in game in general. There is simply not enough people to banter on 40 forums. But those who still here are here because of such forums, in good part at least. And future travian forum should be crafted to best examples, not uniformed by cutting everything that sticks out.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Templar Knight: edit bad word/no warning ().

• New

ELE wrote:

I understand many people left, its the same on all domains, all forums and in game in general. There is simply not enough people to banter on 40 forums. But those who still here are here because of such forums, in good part at least. And future travian forum should be crafted to best examples, not uniformed by cutting everything that sticks out.
      I agree but that doesn't seem to be TGs view, the uk forum has always been slightly different as the mods previously had a bit of common sense and let some things go that seems to be now an instant "delete and pretend it never happened"

My original point is that the uk domain/forum is now deemed inconsequential due to low numbers but we still think we should have a bigger say than maybe we should. This is futher demonstrated by the fact that the uk forum doesn't have any UK mods anymore to my knowledge.
      This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
      Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
      This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
      In your dreams Sunshine xx
    • New

Mercedes wrote:

Cretin_UK wrote:

Why won't you be able to talk about major issues with the UK forum? You are there for 3 days! Put your issues on the agenda rather than blindly agreeing to a proposed agenda otherwise there is no point going as you do not understand, or are too immature to be attending such a meeting. You were invited to a meeting - not summoned to a meeting with your superior to smile and nod.
      I’m going to answer this. I think Lemon should, but like a lot of us, I think he finds it hard to stand up for himself where it really counts and this was quite a personal and harsh slam. I was also in a chat room with a few of the invitees to Munich so I’ve a fair idea of how this is going.
      First of all, I think the intention to talk to the community and get their input was a good one, however, the person running this had very specific ideas about what they wanted to obtain from it, that didn’t necessarily coincide with what the people invited wanted. The game has a number of communities across a lot of domains. Each domain has very different ideas about how they would like the game to run.

Lemon asked for the issues with the UK forum to be added to the agenda. Bearing in mind that other domains like .de have also had some big issues with crew recently, and other domains haven’t had the same issues, the response Lemon got was that this wasn’t something that could go on the agenda as it was specific to one small domain and didn’t affect the others. He was offered the opportunity to have a chat about it over a coffee break.

This is the first time TG have ever run anything like this. Many of us have tried in various ways to get our opinions up the ladder for years. Like some have suggested, maybe this is shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, but it’s the first time I have ever known TG to make any serious attempt to communicate with the community, so hopefully this may have some impact before it’s too late.

In the years I have played this game I have seen far too many good people ousted because they told the truth too forcefully, went against the party line or said what needed to be said. I’ve never seen a commercial company so out of touch with their customer base or so unwilling to listen to them. For a head of customer management to tell a player that she was too busy/important to talk to players beggars belief, but it’s how this company runs.

This is a great game, which is why we all still play it despite all the issues. I just wish any other company but TG were running it. Don’t blame Lemon though, he’s done an amazing job and has fought and argued for weeks to try to get what he thinks the community wants on the agenda. I couldn’t think of anyone better to represent us.
      Well this is great then. But this is not what @Lemon said in his post. He said that these issues will not be discussed - period. He did not say that "I requested these items to be put on the agenda and Travian came back that they are specific to UK, and therefore they will discuss them with me individually over coffee".

We are not all privy to private chats.
      UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
      #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
      Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this
    • New

What happened?

Travian Update happened. I terribly miss the old forums. I understand the company is trying out new things, but that just sucks. Almost none of the regulars from the US forums never post anything now. The Burninator, Valynor, Carni, Rokchick and so on .... I know that change is necessary but it just sucks when the majority of the Travian community wishes for the old forums to come back.
      You know me as Teutobod in UK

You know me as Eric Rasputin in US
    • New

Eric Rasputin wrote:

Almost none of the regulars from the US forums never post anything now. The Burninator, Valynor, Carni, Rokchick and so on .... I know that change is necessary but it just sucks when the majority of the Travian community wishes for the old forums to come back.
      You might want to check the .us1 area since Carni and The Burninator were active there this past round. Rokchick had not been around much prior to the switch to the new forums.

This is the .UK forums and they don't hang out here

Forum User Guide
      Please contact in game Support for in game issues.
    • New

MLGJ_UK wrote:

I think the other reality is that in the scheme of things the UK domain is somewhat insignificant, what's the average uk server these days? 100-150 players come end game from memory, I'm guessing less since the 3 years since I last played.
      Things are looking up. UK2 -

Registered players: 306

Active players: 270

Not quite the 15,000 plus players there were on my first server though...
    • New

Yorkshire Yoda_UK wrote:

MLGJ_UK wrote:

I think the other reality is that in the scheme of things the UK domain is somewhat insignificant, what's the average uk server these days? 100-150 players come end game from memory, I'm guessing less since the 3 years since I last played.
      Things are looking up. UK2 -

Registered players: 306

Active players: 270

Not quite the 15,000 plus players there were on my first server though...
      I feel like im in the minority who prefers smaller servers

Did tourney with 10k players and it was just awful, didn't feel like you had any solo impact
    • New

You don't feel part of a team though. In a good team you can measure both the individual and group worth of your actions and feel like you're important.

In a team of like 1000+ players you're just a wheel in the cog and feel like you don't have an impact. With or without you Dacia has 100 million defence in the WW lol
    • New

iRonik wrote:

But Dacia wouldn't have that much def without a team, now would they?
      Are you crazy? The point I've been trying to make is that when you play in a team you want to feel significant. On UK servers it's small but you can banter with your enemies, it's a tight crowd, words and rumours travel fast, you feel both a solo and team impact

ON those massive ones it's only the giant WWKs that knock 1 level off the WW that matter, everything else is just a pawn. I play Travian to have fun not be a pawn in a group of 1000

The post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: insults are naughty ().