TS3 As dawn breaks...

• Analysis

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• TS3 As dawn breaks...

“And they’re off… rounding the corner with a three-link lead, it’s Bouncing Betty….”

While it’s much much too early for a real server analysis, first sunrise on the current s3 map brings its own information. Much like Bilbo looking out on the camped Five Armies from the safety of his dwarven hall, we peruse the leader board for the over-achievers, the gold lovers, and the triers of new quick-start routines.

In the NE, ye friendly quad that doesn’t require input of any of those nasty negative signs, it’s TIPS that’s getting an early start on their embassy. At the time of writing, they logged 15 members with a median population of 85. With only three members ranked above 250 attackers, they’re raiding the old-fashioned way: let someone else clear those oases.

Also in the NE is Cartoon Network (CN). At 12 members and median pop of 72, CN is going old school, having 7 members in top 50 of attackers. And based on their stated naming convention, there’s a good three accounts waiting for a spot in the embassy. TIPS should send them a thank you card.
      Flying a bit under the radar in the NE is Taskmstr. Obviously a tag of convenience, whether this group is ad hoc or will amount to more later, well, we’ll have to wait and see. But as we look out on the persistent winter landscape, Taskmster has 5 members with a median population of 85, but four of those five are in top 50 attackers and one is in top 10. Carry on, gentlefolk.

Go West young man, they said…. And as far as the eye can see the NW is a cypher on day 2. There are accounts spawning there (I see them with my very own eyes), but few are higher than 69 pop, so not the gold users of some of the other quads.And with virtually no tags, we’re either looking at no pre-formed groups or a group that wants to remain incognito for a bit. Tech up those Theutates you Gauls, there’ll be good out-of-bp pickings here for a bit.

The desert winds blow high and dry in the SW. There we find two groups, 701 and Pikachu, both of questionable seriousness. (“Open recruiting”? )701 is the larger with seven members and a median population of 51, but none rank above 350 attackers. Casuals? Defenders? Will we ever know? Pikachu, on the gripping hand, has five members (median population 69), but places two of those in top 50 attackers.

Now let’s mosey on down to Dixie…the SE at first blush is shaping up to be a bloodbath.The Naked Squirrels (TNS) clock in at ten announced members with a median population of 73. Hold on to your hats though, because five of the 10 are in top 50 attackers and 4 of the ten are in top 10. And TNS has top hero. If going nekkid is what it takes to achieve that kind of performance, there are going to be plenty of pantless accounts in our future. But hold on, because there are five other alliances over-achieving in the SE. Or one, if you’re of such a mind to jump to conclusions. Getting around the need to ramp up a single embassy appears to be Slackers (of whatever spelling one chooses) modus operandi at the moment. With an average of seven people per group and a combined median population of 100, we have the makings of a very interesting situation. Roughly 35% of the Slackers have managed to wake up enough to get themselves into top 100 attackers.Time will tell whether they’re zergmeisters, simmers, or have brought the goods.

On the hero side for day 2, there are 16 heroes at level 2 and Eisenhower had clawed himself to the top of the list.
      And finally a quiet nod in the direction of two high ranking groups: GUA (2-members, median population 101) and What? (3 members, median population 46). Given they have multi-quad members, we’ll politely suggest that they are here temporarily trying out their start game. Other explanations would require us to munch Meow Mix.

Note 1: Obviously the server is very fluid right now. Top pop will change hands a dozen times in the next few days and as embassies grow, more members will come in from the cold. An early look can be like a gaze through a palantir, useful but never the whole picture. Nothing fancy with the stats, just collecting by hand and median population was used to give a better overall picture.
      Note 2: No promises on future anayses. You never know when the ADD is going to quick in. ;)
    • MmHm wrote:

Pikachu, both of questionable seriousness.

Artifact/Alliance Analysis

Consider this before you write them off. I've played with them, and against them. I'd rather play with them on my side.

Blackblade wrote:

and yet everyone seems to love her..It remains to be seen if this is out of fear and indoctrination or actual love

Scarecrow wrote:

a bit of both, really

us1 - SIO Win

us4 - SIO Win
      us3 - FWB Win
    • ArabChuckNorris wrote:

Confirmed that que isn’t retiring from Travian
      Maybe I need to find an account to dual with, on an opposing team.. Maybe..
      s1 : Storeythor travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • Kelsier wrote:

You can buy the gold for...
      You misspelled "receive".. lol

Bugzy wrote:

Oh hai.
      O'rly..?? Don't you have twisties to be cruising ??

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • Bugzy wrote:

I didn't say it was going to be a GOOD account.
      Do we ever build "good" accounts..?? lol

Scarecrow wrote:

Gressor2 wrote:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

• Who dat boy wrote:

I expect daily analysis now ;) Doesn’t look like many teams pre planned for this.

I don't keep my boss that up-to-date.

Lotion wrote:

I expect an hourly analysis from now on!

... or my gf. :D

Quelaana wrote:

MmHm wrote:

Pikachu, both of questionable seriousness.

Artifact/Alliance Analysis

Consider this before you write them off. I've played with them, and against them. I'd rather play with them on my side.

Information noted. You joining them this round?