Farm list a version off

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

The Tournament 2018 Qualification has started!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

The dev diary about The Journey of a bug is now available!
    Don't miss it: Dev Diary: The Journey Of A Bug
    Comments or questions? Discuss it here!

• Farm list a version off

I would like a system like a farm list but for sending attacks, more procise so you can send waves all the same second. Why should we be forced to use a browser not native to are computer when it should be part of the game system.
    • Because that's been the case for 10+ years? Because making a farmlist but like attacks would in inefficient AF because you don't attack people every 15min and because it's a strategic game, meaning you have to plan things out for the best outcome. Making things automatic just spoils the fun and strategic point of the game.

It's more fun to try and get 4 attacks in 1 sec, so deffers can't snipe waves with def.
      Stand in the ashes of a milion dead souls and ask if honour matters.
      Their silence is your answer.
    • To be fair, before browsers overtook the coding for Travian and there was no cap on the number of waves, sending same second waves was a test of skill plus how lucky you were with your internet speed. Now it’s a test of skill to be able to have an out of date browser that can still do them.

I think it’s something that really needs looking at, it’s integral to the game and at the moment it isn’t working, maybe @Lemon could bring it up on his Munich trip?

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • Mercedes wrote:

To be fair, before browsers overtook the coding for Travian and there was no cap on the number of waves, sending same second waves was a test of skill plus how lucky you were with your internet speed. Now it’s a test of skill to be able to have an out of date browser that can still do them.

I think it’s something that really needs looking at, it’s integral to the game and at the moment it isn’t working, maybe @Lemon could bring it up on his Munich trip?
      wait is this really how it works? I thought the 4 waves pr sec was a cap set by TG as a balance decision.

Not that i dont belive you, just curious
      Legend says if you whisper his name three times, he will appear

Tip
      Tap
      Tip
      Tap

Sup son
    • Plus making it automatic would give deffers no chance. It's the skill of a deffer to snipe waves but if there is never a chance to snipe then what would be the point?
      ukx - MadZ (Hegemony) | Danny Zuko (GTB)
      uk1 - David Brent (MFH)
    • Sup son wrote:

Mercedes wrote:

To be fair, before browsers overtook the coding for Travian and there was no cap on the number of waves, sending same second waves was a test of skill plus how lucky you were with your internet speed. Now it’s a test of skill to be able to have an out of date browser that can still do them.

wait is this really how it works? I thought the 4 waves pr sec was a cap set by TG as a balance decision.
      Not that i dont belive you, just curious
      The 4 wave cap came in on the T4 servers. Before then, Skype bragging was about who could get the most in a second. Six would give the perfect croplock on a feeder. 3 for wheatfields, 1 for granary and warehouse, 1 for bakery and windmill, 1 for mainbuilding and market. If you could squeeze in a seventh and take out the trade office, even better.

I don’t think a tool to do waves is the way forward, what bothers me is that I have to have an out of date browser to do them. It’s an integral part of the game, there must be a way forward that lets them be set up with some skill but without it needing you to have a browser that’s ten years out of date.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • You dont have to use an old browser version. You can use an up to date version of Firefox. Its just easier with the old Opera. Imho more important than your browser is having a clock showing you miliseconds and knowing your reaction time. I started using that the last server I played and got 95% of my waves perfect this way.

T3 OP Rekord Gallier - 1.743.373 (Verbrennen!)
      T3.6 OP Rekord Gallier - 4.858.884 (-Dexaster-)
      T4.4 OP Rekord Gallier - 3.770.373 (Destiny Zahra)
      T4.4 OP Rekord Germane - 8.564.666 (Deadshot)
      T4 218159 & 401354 Späher
    • Mercedes wrote:

Sup son wrote:

Mercedes wrote:

To be fair, .......
      The 4 wave cap came in on the T4 servers. Before then, Skype bragging was about who could get the most in a second.
      Oh i know how it used to work, and i agree that the skill required for sending before was a nice element. I thought you meant that this was not a balance decision but instead a byproduct of updated browser code, and that it was still possible on older browsers.

But I still think the balance decision made by TG was correct. Not only was 6 waves possible, but with a browser like k-meleon in hand and offline browsing one could fit all the waves required for completely removing a village within one second, two if you were unlucky.

Being able to completely delete a village with zero recourse for the defender was definitely overpowered. I feel like the balance between attacker/defender is much better now.

Though i agree automated wave sending is a bad idea.

Tip
      Tap
      Tip
      Tap

Sup son
    • Automated wave sending should happen.

So should queing up attacks/defence to land at a certain time, as many as you want I want my phalanx to land in this village at 10;10;10 and I want them to land there In groups of 250 betwee 10;10;10 - 10;10;14

Within a 5 min period is enough I think so you can go put the kettle on, or set it up while your in a car and continue driving, don't even need the wifi to do it as long as village doesn't change.

Travian is a stratergy game, with descision making being the "skill" not some b.s u lot are on about

Cant be setting this stuff up hours in advance though, thats not fair, travian is about consistency throught the day throught the months and cant be having attacks set up days or hours in advace, its too estranged from its core mechanics

Moblie users is a large potential user base, and Ive actually seen the number of people who play like that grow despite travian having nearly no response to a change in its market demographic it seems.

The game isnt fair if its not a level playing feild.. And its not but if you are progressing then it should be.
      Progress looks like:
      Streamlining game features, growing user base, fair game.

Automated wave sending is obviously a good idea, no one wants to fiddle around with the response speed of your keyboard or be let down cos granda is watching hanky panky up stairs and as a result poor mickies hammer is now left without a clear..

Thats just not a good mechanic, there is no skill involved with sending the waves, its a very basic procedure that is a hassle to set up, whats more even with the most perfect of timing either the travian server or your own internet can simply have a paddy and leave you out by a few seconds..

2ndly is it really skill that you sit there waiting for the time, ok sure caclulating the time, and remembering to be there, thats something should be rewarded, but srsly figuring out your internet response time and clicking the send buttong 4 seconds early while the game/internet loads so u land on that second "skill"... It just sucks and it alienaites people who are new to the game, of which there are increasling fewer THANKS TRAVIAN.

Not an issue if your not doing anything complicated, but in complicated situations stuff happens, so Automated timing of waves is a no brainer for me, gives people who have stuff to do the oportunity to play the game and as long as they time it to withing say 5 minuets and they showed up, they shouldn't have to contend with internet speeds browesers that no one uses and sometimes contain features that can get ya banned, whats the point in that? Nostalgia.. Its not really "stratergy" its more like I kow how to faff around.. I don't think its skill, skill is in the decision making and the deception of a properly co-ordinated offence, not i being diligent enough to snipe some ones waves who was in a hurry and had to leave it at that and hope for the best cos he didnt have time to muck around with a browser at his designated send time.

IDK how these out dated mechanics can be interpeted as skill, I was a pretty good player at one point, I could not send any waves, because the machinotosh tech I had would't run a bootcamp w.e.
      Now take the fact that there is a huge and growing market for "mobile games" and u wana sit around here talking about how u are skilled in a dying game cos u can be arsed to download kmelon or w.e u use which btw they are all terible browsers that no one with any sense would use on a day to day basis. In the mean time 1000s of potential players are barred from competing in your "skillz" game because of it..

Cmon man pull yourself together and think about it logically, the game wont live long if its designed aroud its aging and depleting player base of "skilled veterans" sooner or later it'll just be you lot spawning into game together, no farms, no new players, just 1 big slugging match betwee sim city players who thik its the pinicle of skill to wait utill 4 in the morning and pick apart some ones waves lol, all ruining there lives with night attacks again and again.

BTW m'boy moonie did 8 waves in a second back in them days when I had a mac so I couldn't do any at all! And Ive heard of as high as 14.. So there, I AM WELL GUD AT THE GAME UNO!
      And btw I cut a fair few waves up in my day, also had my brothers ruin a few perfectly good offesnive operations by making me lag out randomly for 4 seconds, I've also had travian server me over on a few occasions (with lag), and I find your assertians that these mechanics require skill to be absolutely ridiclous

I mean sometimes I remember trying to cut up waves, and not jsut "1 or 2 wave" like u maybe do if your a speed server, but like lots of them spannig multiple hours. Id stay up all night and do stuff like demolish and instant build tourney squares (on sitter accounts aswell as mine)
      And u wana tell me that every time I was sat there and my iternet scufffed a second or for whatever reason the game behaved differently cos of something I cant controll im less skilled player.. X(
      , Still should be keping me up at night but let me set up my cut and go back to bed, instead of having to get up again in 20 mins to do the same thing its not skill its called "TEDIUM"
      Again for those of u from demark may now be confused tedium is another word for being danish
      See ; boring, dull, annoying , irritating sort of a mixture of those words.

PS Mods I dont consider this to be insults I consider this teasing, I duno if u are down with it
      Carlsberg, is a weak beer.

>.>

The post was edited 3 times, last by Templar Knight: removed swear words/no warning given ().

• Trouble_UK wrote:

So should queing up attacks/defence to land at a certain time, as many as you want I want my phalanx to land in this village at 10;10;10 and I want them to land there In groups of 250 betwee 10;10;10 - 10;10;14

Trouble_UK wrote:

Within a 5 min period is enough I think so you can go put the kettle on, or set it up while your in a car and continue driving, don't even need the wifi to do it as long as village doesn't change.
      That would completely ruin the game, as it's a strategic game and attacking at night or specific part of day is part of it. Also if you can't completely aim def, send early and send some crop with it to support your troops while they stay there, that's always an alternative.

Trouble_UK wrote:

Travian is a stratergy game, with descision making being the "skill" not some b.s u lot are on about
      Yes and strategy in the old days was to attack at night when others aren't ready/watching. What's your point here exactly?

Trouble_UK wrote:

Cant be setting this stuff up hours in advance though, thats not fair, travian is about consistency throught the day throught the months and cant be having attacks set up days or hours in advace, its too estranged from its core mechanics
      This is true, but yet again, there's the sitter option or having a dual. If one doesn't agree on having others on their accounts it's just that much more vulnerable, sadly. I know how it feels, but you just gotta deal with it.

Trouble_UK wrote:

The game isnt fair if its not a level playing feild.. And its not but if you are progressing then it should be.
      Progress looks like:
      Streamlining game features, growing user base, fair game.
      It's mostly fair, but Pay2Win does if you some advantages, yet again nothing new these days and something you'll have to deal with. It's what keeps the game funded to improve and stay alive. Regarding cheating, that's a different perspective that's dealt with if certain people don't find loopholes to gain an advantage.

Trouble_UK wrote:

Automated wave sending is obviously a good idea, no one wants to fiddle around with the response speed of your keyboard or be let down cos granda is watching hanky panky up stairs and as a result poor mickies hammer is now left without a clear..

Trouble_UK wrote:

Thats just not a good mechanic, there is no skill involved with sending the waves, its a very basic procedure that is a hassle to set up, whats more even with the most perfect of timing either the travian server or your own internet can simply have a paddy and leave you out by a few seconds..

2ndly is it really skill that you sit there waiting for the time, ok sure caclulating the time, and remembering to be there, thats something should be rewarded, but srsly figuring out your internet response time and clicking the send buttong 4 seconds early while the game/internet loads so u land on that second "skill"... It just sucks and it alienaites people who are new to the game, of which there are increasling fewer THANKS TRAVIAN, U suckers.

Where's the fun in automating that exactly? It does make things easier, but that would simply make the game boring for defenders so they can't catch the waves. It's nothing uncommon for one to let the main wave through, but catch all catapults. You lose 2 buildings max, but the enemy loses a lot of siege, which isn't really expensive, but takes a LOT of time to train.

Skill is involved, but internet connection might influence it. You where else this happens, that regardless of ones skill internet can blow it? In about every other game that needs internet connection. :D

Anyone who at least tries to send more waves in a second is in my opinion more skilled than someone who'd want it all automated. Effort counts.

Trouble_UK wrote:

Now take the fact that there is a huge and growing market for "mobile games" and u wana sit around here talking about how u are skilled in a dying game cos u can be arsed to download kmelon or w.e u use which btw they are all terible browsers that no one with any sense would use on a day to day basis. In the mean time 1000s of potential players are barred from competing in your "skillz" game because of it..
      Many top players use Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Edge. You can play just as good on any of those, but then again some people might say TOR is better, because your IP is hidden and you can do multi-accounting freely? :whistling:

Trouble_UK wrote:

BTW m'boy moonie did 8 waves in a second back in them days when I had a mac so I couldn't do any at all! And Ive heard of as high as 14.. So there, I AM WELL GUD AT THE GAME UNO!
      Cheers to you I guess, as Uno isn't really 100% skill itself. :D

Trouble_UK wrote:

And u wana tell me that every time I was sat there and my iternet scufffed a second or for whatever reason the game behaved differently cos of something I cant controll im less skilled player..
      Yet again, that's just being unlucky and that can happen to an offensive or defensive player, basically EVERYONE can experience that, it can just happen, not much you can do.

Trouble_UK wrote:

, Still should be keping me up at night but let me set up my cut and go back to bed, instead of having to get up again in 20 mins to do the same thing its not skill its called "TEDIUM"
      If waves are 20min apart as a defensive player you can just leave the def there or send def and crop to survive those long everlasting 20min. :rolleyes:

Funny, the word TEDIUM describes your post and point of view on the game and its mechanics. ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Templar Knight: cleaned quote ().

• Trouble_UK wrote:

Automated wave sending is obviously a good idea
      It's obvious to me that the Sun rotates around the Earth.

Strategy is a bit more than decision making. Implementation matters. I am all for automation as long as a player needs to click 4 times on exact second in order to send 4 waves. Preset time is no-no.
    • 4-waving isn't hard, but it is a skill you need to learn. On desktop, you just download up to date K-Meleon, or an old version of Firefox (about 30 sec of Googling). As for phone, I know some very talented players who only do ops on mobile because they think it's easier to 4-wave on mobile.

Timing is absolutely a skills test. Otherwise every wave would be split every time, by every player. You lose the advantage of having skilled players.
    • The quote is to hard to deal with, seems you can't chop them up any more.
      "That would completely ruin the game, as it's a strategic game and attacking at night or specific part of day is part of it. " - iRonik
      Im not saying not attack at a spesific part of the tiem or day, the 5 minuet period Im saying here is like, if you would normally send attacks at 15;11;19 right you would have from 15;06;19 to set up that attack, and if you set it within that window it would go without any problem and you could que the attack in 2-3 minuets before launch time and be safe that, think u misunderstood me here.

"Where's the fun in automating that exactly? It does make things easier, but that would simply make the game boring for defenders so they can't catch the waves. It's nothing uncommon for one to let the main wave through, but catch all catapults. You lose 2 buildings max, but the enemy loses a lot of siege, which isn't really expensive, but takes a LOT of time to train."

Ok so basics here, the defender in travian always has the advantage. Simply in numbers and the speed of production mostly, the advantage of the attacker is the initiative, the planning more or less, good attackers aim to confuse the opponant, none of that skill has anything to do with being able to send good quality multiple wave attacks, except for the fact that its not taught to new players so alliance of noobs have absolutly no chance against even moderate or average players.

The fun in automating is more people rather than just the "elite" veterans who have been playing the game continously for a long period of time and are privy to its secrets/tactics could actually do well in attacking, maybe u wana rolf stomp noobs untill the game is completly dead, but if its its to grow it must be appealing and useable by new players, no all who will join top alliances and recive tutoring from those in the know, that shouldn't be a game mechanic.

Right so you will catch some ones catapults, was that person a skilled player? - No, if they were they would have canceld and tried again untill it went perfectly, maybe they were a skilled player but they have a life and couldn't waste the time trying more than once.

The point here is very simple, the cutting of wave on expossed catapults is not a skilled act, its abusing some one elses mistake or lack of knowledge. Sure its nice battle reports, but its not skilled, any "skilled" opponant will not offer you such an oportunity.

If waves are 20min apart as a defensive player you can just leave the def there or send def and crop to survive those long everlasting 20min.

It was to cut waves, 1st set had hammer 2nd set had a smaller hammer and cut onto the 2nd set thus killing the hammer, defence was not in sufficent number to kill both.

I dont think anything to do with wave timing is to do with skill, its mostly just experience and knowledge crapping on noobs.
      4-waving isn't hard, but it is a skill you need to learn.
      Right exactly, its not requiring skill, but it requires tools and knolwedge not provided by the game.

So seems obvious to me that its an issue.

You guys can keep on with a game thats been dying for years and say it needs no changes cos you personally have no issues with it now that your "in the know" or whatever.

But think for a second about newer players and how offputing it is that there is no official stratergy guide on this, and they are at a signficant knowledge disadvantage that can only be rectified by colaberating with the games existing player base.

Seems kinde gimped out to me, I'd rather have groups of new people join the game and have a fighting chance without having to join and be mentored by some body, its much more fun that way and much more condusive to growth.

Thats one of the main issues the game has btw, its stagnant and recdeeding, Maybe u cant see that, but from the sounds of things u think you are skilled players with ur "fur wavez in a secondz im teh" and "cutting wave is skills, if i wasnt able to abuse a new player for lack of game mechanics knoweledge I just dont think It'd be fun any more" attitudes.

Its kinda disugsting, no wonder the game shrinks

>.>

The post was edited 2 times, last by Templar Knight: removed swear words ().

• Trouble_UK wrote:

Right so you will catch some ones catapults, was that person a skilled player? - No, if they were they would have canceld and tried again untill it went perfectly, maybe they were a skilled player but they have a life and couldn't waste the time trying more than once.

The point here is very simple, the cutting of wave on expossed catapults is not a skilled act, its abusing some one elses mistake or lack of knowledge. Sure its nice battle reports, but its not skilled, any "skilled" opponant will not offer you such an oportunity.
      So there is skill in sending 4 waves per second now? Make up your mind.
      ukx - MadZ (Hegemony) | Danny Zuko (GTB)
      uk1 - David Brent (MFH)
    • Trouble_UK wrote:

The point here is very simple, the cutting of wave on expossed catapults is not a skilled act, its abusing some one elses mistake or lack of knowledge
      So automating things would abuse the defenders lack of knowledge on how to properly snipe waves... I'll try tagging along with your logic.

Let's go on an adventure.

Trouble_UK wrote:

Ok so basics here, the defender in travian always has the advantage.
      Not really, attacker can re-send troops, defender can only have 1 shot at sniping, and even if they casually send def it's not always 100% sure if you're defending a fake attack or a real one. Sure you have the advantage of making troops in more villages, but there's a lot more pros and cons about being a deffer.

Trouble_UK wrote:

Its kinda disugsting, no wonder the game shrinks
      Then perhaps doing everyone a favor and leaving as well? :saint:

The post was edited 1 time, last by iRonik ().

• Trouble_UK wrote:

none of that skill has anything to do with being able to send good quality multiple wave attacks,
      Uhhh.... Yes it does. Guess you never planned or participated in a high quality OP.

Trouble_UK wrote:

The fun in automating is more people rather than just the "elite" veterans who have been playing the game continously for a long period of time and are privy to its secrets/tactics could actually do well in attacking, maybe u wana rolf stomp noobs untill the game is completly dead, but if its its to grow it must be appealing and useable by new players, no all who will join top alliances and recive tutoring from those in the know, that shouldn't be a game mechanic.
      I've given plenty of new players tips on how to send waves, and I know they're helped in plenty of non-top alliances too. All it takes is a single player with knowledge of how to do it, and he can teach the others.

Trouble_UK wrote:

its abusing some one elses mistake or lack of knowledge. Sure its nice battle reports, but its not skilled, any "skilled" opponant will not offer you such an oportunity.
      Many good teams operate with minimum 5 waves for their OPs these days - you only risk one cata wave, and you do more damage. If you're attempting a 0 pop, there's some times more waves involved per player too. Sniping waves, and counter-sniping (sending a mini-clear with the 5th wave etc.) is another interesting aspect of the game, that many people enjoy.

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • MadZ wrote:

Trouble_UK wrote:

So there is skill in sending 4 waves per second now? Make up your mind.
      No, I'm just sliping into saying it the way you are, the skill I mean is like stratergy etc.

Its kinda a "skill" to do it, but I don't think that having to get the knoweldge to do that skill is a good way for the game to work since for new player they have to go and learn it from an experienced player, AND as I said before the outcome of it isn't dependant on skill mostly on other factors.

If you really think hammering your keyboard to get waves to line up is a skill still then be my guest

iRonik wrote:

Trouble_UK wrote:

The point here is very simple, the cutting of wave on expossed catapults is not a skilled act, its abusing some one elses mistake or lack of knowledge
      So automating things would abuse the defenders lack of knowledge on how to properly snipe waves... I'll try tagging along with your logic.

No, automating things would also give the defender the oportunity to "snipe" attacks since they are limited to 4 in a second, but wouldn't let defenders abuse new players who dont know how to send same second waves they have not obtained that "skill"

For the internet issues your right lag can effect you in other games of course, but other games dont run as long as this, not many games take weeks to build up something that can be undone in a moment because of an internet error, and since its easily prevetable why should it still be in the game

@wishmaster

Actualyl yes I have
      And every time I have to teach people how to do the same thing

its tiresome "donwload some browser that no body uses" "It didnt work ok check if your keyboard setting are alright"

its a bunch of stuff thats outside of the game, and some times people join this game in groups like a group of friends or whatever.
      New alliance leaders new players get 0 chance because they are at a disadvantage, not because they dont have brains to fight because the games core mechanics are not taught to you as a new player instead you have to get some one to teach you.

2ndly I refer you all once again to my main point, which you seem to have missed.
      Mobile users cannot use this.
      AND that is the larget demographic of potential new travian players.

And more importantly these mechanics are not suited to new players and even to old players it eventaully gets pretty tiresome that the game functions like that its not an inteligence or a skill to do it its more like a menial task..

(BTW before u say "but what about picking which wave is the hammer wave etc" u can still do that, just the person on the other end and yourself wont have to worry about internet speeds and newer players will be able to bring themselves up to speed and be able to play the game to its fullest level using whatever device they chose.

>.>

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trouble_UK ().

• Trouble_UK wrote:

The quote is to hard to deal with, seems you can't chop them up any more.
      "That would completely ruin the game, as it's a strategic game and attacking at night or specific part of day is part of it. " - iRonik
      Im not saying not attack at a spesific part of the tiem or day, the 5 minuet period Im saying here is like, if you would normally send attacks at 15;11;19 right you would have from 15;06;19 to set up that attack, and if you set it within that window it would go without any problem and you could que the attack in 2-3 minuets before launch time and be safe that, think u misunderstood me here.
      Have you considered that using the same reasoning that youre using here, you literally remove the reasoning for mechanically skilled play.
      Sure travian is a strategy game, and one can be mechanically skilled and still fail their attack, even though they did everything right about the attack.

But i dont think one should translate this as
      "there should be no mechanic gameplay in trav"

I think a lot of the issues you are attempting to adress dont exist. Most peoples internet are fine for sending 4 waves in one second. Sure back in the old days when you had to fit huge amounts of waves this was an issue, but not anymore.

If youre not active enough to try again on your waves or to attempt to learn the game, this is not a fault of the game. Its simply that you're not invested enough to learn the mechanics, which you shouldn't be rewarded for.

Your third point however is that this adds entry barriers to newer players, and on this point we agree. But i doubt the reason a new player doesnt come back, is because they failed that attack. I think its more due to the huge amount of in game knowledge required to play on par with veterans. IE, knowing to build fields only to a certain level to rush settlers, so you can rush that 150% 15cc. Which brings us to an even bigger entry barrier, the fact that you have to spend money to utilise that cropper properly.

Every feature has to have merit on its own, and simply being convenient isnt enough. The farmlist was implemented because veteran players would have duals that would literally do nothing else but send raids from reports while the others tended to the account. This wasn't fun, and further exacerbated the problems of entry barriers. So they added farmlists.

I dont see what this adds to the game other than making it more convenient to send waves, which is already with the nerfs to waves/sec, not a very taxing job.

Tip
      Tap
      Tip
      Tap

Sup son

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sup son ().

• Trouble_UK wrote:

No, automating things would also give the defender the oportunity to "snipe" attacks since they are limited to 4 in a second, but wouldn't let defenders abuse new players who dont know how to send same second waves they have not obtained that "skill"
      Defenders never snipe with 4 in a second, are you mental or something? Also everyone is a beginner at some point, some thrive to improve and some post nonsense on the forum. Go figure which one of the two are you.

Trouble_UK wrote:

not many games take weeks to build up something that can be undone in a moment because of an internet error, and since its easily prevetable why should it still be in the game
      True, but not everything is undone in a moment because of an internet error, unless you have the mentality of an infant who can't accept defeat and carry on with the odds he has. Losing your hammer sucks, but you can always rebuild, make def or be of use to a bigger cause... for example an alliance?

Also in some games you can lose a bit more than time itself due to internet issues, so could be better, could be worse.