Farm list a version off

    By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

    • Travian isnt a mechanically skilled game.

      Its a stratergy game.
      And I would be happy to still play it if there were no mechanical requirements.

      If youre not active enough to try again on your waves or to attempt to learn the game, this is not a fault of the game. Its simply that you're not invested enough to learn the mechanics, which you shouldn't be rewarded for.

      So your arguing here that mechanics that were not intended to be in the game in the first place (Hence the nerf) Must be learnt, and how must u learn them "only from other players"

      Its hardly an even playing feild. Most of my point concerns new players, in particular those that dont want to become buddy buddy and suck up to experienced players to learn things, they should be able to comete, rather than face the elitism here.

      Games like "Clash of clans" etc are exploding, loads of people play them, why dont they play here..
      Well clash of clans is a very simple game, and probably they do a great job of guides etc, the combat is fun and engading

      Vs here, Install a custom brower or else u are unable to play the game.

      Right thats a great feature love that thats gona make every one want to play isnt it.

      Thing is its even worse, to have a chance u must first get the knowledge from a player to get it to work, maybe even alter your PC settings.. Its just completly wack imo.


      Thirdly I have to disagree again, people with math brain will see there will be an optimal route and try to find it, probabyl stumple on a guide. Or a guide can be provided.

      Travian should do a lot more to reach and attaine new players for its game.

      And this "mechanics" u call it which btw.. IDK I just think its really clunky, mechanics is usually like position or timing in a fighting game, this is like making an army land some place to 1 seconds. Imagine 10,000 guys all leaving a village at 1 seconds.. its kinda b.s in other games its like sure thats a mechanic its skill here its just kinda gimped IMO.

      Doesnt really fit the style of grand stratergy game, sitting there timing things to a second, sure thats the way the game has to run, but the fact that u cant tell ur guys or pass the orderss to a liutenant or something when ur comander of a vast empire of 1000s of people its just not really within the games theme.. but thats my opinion

      If you think comanders where waiting untill a precise second to give comands for armies to "MOVE OUT" not when to fire or any of that travian hasn't got any in battle mechanics, your just sat there and u have to micro this stuff... Just dont think it adds to the game at all.
      Carlsberg, is a weak beer.

      >.>
    • Trouble_UK wrote:

      Games like "Clash of clans" etc are exploding, loads of people play them, why dont they play here
      Because that game is exclusively made for mobile devices only I believe, also it's completely different than travian...
      I'm not entirely sure how you've connected clash of clans to this game, but fits the rest of the nonsense coming from you.

    • You can't download "customised" browsers as that is against game rules. It sounds like you are a bit out of touch with how people play the game now. I use Opera as my main playing browser with zero extensions or modifications and I can send over 30 waves in groups of 4 in consecutive seconds, all in the correct order 99% of the time. I can also send def snipes on a specific second 99% of the time, even when using different internet connections. I really don't understand your point, it's like you are here just to complain about your personal problems about the game.

      If you don't play Travian anymore and don't enjoy the mechanics of the game, then why are you here?
    • If your concern is new players, waves really aren't a concern. New players don't have an army, let alone the concept that they should be sending tight waves. New players usually don't go for a 15c, because the tutorial doesn't even mention that A) they exist or B) they're useful. I know my first two rounds I had a spawn cap because I didn't know better. I also only had a few thousand troops and didn't know what this CP thing was. This game innately has a massive learning curve. Among other game mechanics (city building, specialization, village selections, CP optimization, proper anvil villas and proper hammer villas) sending waves is a pretty simple one that most pick up far before any of the others.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: removed insulting material ().

    • yeah I agree
      not saying this will fix the game on its own

      but it would bring it firmly into the mobile market since moblie users can use it and play at the higest level

      i.e expanding the number of potential players

      and yeah tutorial should be better

      they should pay L.A to do it that way every one will be happy, new players will become decent at the game

      and all the old miserable veterans can have a winge about how its a tutorial made by a noob

      perfect
      Carlsberg, is a weak beer.

      >.>

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Templar Knight: removed insulting/baiting remarks ().

    • Trouble_UK wrote:

      Travian isnt a mechanically skilled game.

      Its a stratergy game.
      And I would be happy to still play it if there were no mechanical requirements.

      If youre not active enough to try again on your waves or to attempt to learn the game, this is not a fault of the game. Its simply that you're not invested enough to learn the mechanics, which you shouldn't be rewarded for.

      So your arguing here that mechanics that were not intended to be in the game in the first place (Hence the nerf) Must be learnt, and how must u learn them "only from other players"

      Its hardly an even playing feild. Most of my point concerns new players, in particular those that dont want to become buddy buddy and suck up to experienced players to learn things, they should be able to comete, rather than face the elitism here.

      Games like "Clash of clans" etc are exploding, loads of people play them, why dont they play here..
      Well clash of clans is a very simple game, and probably they do a great job of guides etc, the combat is fun and engading

      Vs here, Install a custom brower or else u are unable to play the game.

      Right thats a great feature love that thats gona make every one want to play isnt it.

      Thing is its even worse, to have a chance u must first get the knowledge from a player to get it to work, maybe even alter your PC settings.. Its just completly wack imo.


      Thirdly I have to disagree again, people with math brain will see there will be an optimal route and try to find it, probabyl stumple on a guide. Or a guide can be provided.

      Travian should do a lot more to reach and attaine new players for its game.

      And this "mechanics" u call it which btw.. IDK I just think its really clunky, mechanics is usually like position or timing in a fighting game, this is like making an army land some place to 1 seconds. Imagine 10,000 guys all leaving a village at 1 seconds.. its kinda b.s in other games its like sure thats a mechanic its skill here its just kinda gimped IMO.

      Doesnt really fit the style of grand stratergy game, sitting there timing things to a second, sure thats the way the game has to run, but the fact that u cant tell ur guys or pass the orderss to a liutenant or something when ur comander of a vast empire of 1000s of people its just not really within the games theme.. but thats my opinion

      If you think comanders where waiting untill a precise second to give comands for armies to "MOVE OUT" not when to fire or any of that travian hasn't got any in battle mechanics, your just sat there and u have to micro this stuff... Just dont think it adds to the game at all.
      I gues we'll have to disagree on Travian being only a strategy game. Im curious on what your opinon on chieffing is. This is a purely mechanical manouvre that you cant redo by cancelling and trying again.
      (i would posit that you cant do that with cats either, since youre essentially giving away where your real attack is but w/e)

      Learning to click a button 4 times in rapid succession does not make travian an uneven playing field. I think this is one of the easiest things to do in the game. If youre taking the stand that this should be changed to make it easier for newer players, there are many better ways to go about this. In my opinion thats how gold is implemented right now, but that argument is for another thread.

      I think your argument is hurt by the fact that you havent played in a long time. You dont need a custom browser to send waves anymore, i can 90% of the time send out the 4 waves pr second using only chrome and the prepacked shortcut of CTRL + Tab + enter.
      You cant compare Clash of clans to Travian, not even remotely. They hit two completely different demographics and as you point out are not even on the same platform.
      If travian had a mobile app, it would never have seen the same sucess simply due to being another type of game. 14 year old kids with smartphones dont want to invest 100 days to travian, they want something quick and easy, which clash of clans is.
      TG will never be able to emulate this sucess, unless they drastically change both the purpose and playstyle of travian.
      (they already tried that, remember travian KINGDOMS? neither does anyone else)

      "Doesnt really fit the style of grand stratergy game..."
      As for this, i dont know about you, but i dont play trav to LARP as an emperor.
      I play it cause its the only game where i get to literally destroy someones account that they invested a lot of time and money into.
      A PVP experience more satisfying is hard to find, and its this feeling that travian should nurture, not hurt by making the process easier.

      Sending waves and attacking should be mechanically difficult (which i dont currently think it is), because when you really do land those waves perfectly and destroy your opponent, It should feel good because you did a good job.
      Legend says if you whisper his name three times, he will appear

      Tip
      Tap
      Tip
      Tap

      Sup son
    • Same genre because you build walls and buildings and train troops? Or maybe because it's a Strategy based game?
      So we can classify Warcraft 3 in the same ballpark?


      But no really, there's a lot of different strategic type of games, you can't really compare that. Also completely different mechanics in that game, so:

      Trouble_UK wrote:

      its quite clear who is the nincompoop here
      This title is awarded back to you.

    • Trouble_UK wrote:

      yeah I agree
      not saying this will fix the game on its own

      but it would bring it firmly into the mobile market since moblie users can use it and play at the higest level

      i.e expanding the number of potential players

      and yeah tutorial should be better

      they should pay L.A to do it that way every one will be happy, new players will become decent at the game

      and all the old miserable veterans can have a winge about how its a tutorial made by a noob

      perfect
      Hahahaha. Even when I did play with you in Goats we didn't win because YOU messed up, no-one else. Anyway, it has been good not having you around for a while, why don't we keep it that way?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Templar Knight: cleaned quote ().

    • First you say that being able to send same-second waves has no value in OPs, but then you go on to say that you need people to know how to do it to plan OPs... What??

      Trouble_UK wrote:

      bunch of noobs
      Says the guy who thinks it's impossible to accomodate to internet speed :p People with slow/unstable connections, heck, even I sometimes even though my internet is usually good, will do some test runs to see if there's any delay on their browser/internet when they prepare to send timed waves. Same goes for people sniping. Then you take into account the expected delay when you send.


      Animis opibusque parati

      com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • Sup son wrote:

      I gues we'll have to disagree on Travian being only a strategy game. #

      I play it cause its the only game where i get to literally destroy someones account that they invested a lot of time and money into.
      A PVP experience more satisfying is hard to find, and its this feeling that travian should nurture, not hurt by making the process easier.

      Sending waves and attacking should be mechanically difficult (which i dont currently think it is), because when you really do land those waves perfectly and destroy your opponent, It should feel good because you did a good job.
      yes, this mechanic where you can destroy some one elses game is why it is superior to the game like clash of clans

      Actaully they are very similar they are online MMO RTS

      And u think 14 year olds wont play, 14

      2ndly I'd like to adress "larping as emporer"
      Most of my alliances have set out with ambitous PvP goals
      And the GMC which will be talked about later, was a follow up to a time when I was banned for the 1st time for a browser fault. At that point my account was number 1 for offensive with 3 active armies.. It was a good server and we fought a war vs an admitely inferior foe running many opps on them.

      The other GMC I seem to get bad press cos I had to coble together an alliance from nothing and a bunch of complete noobs (Some from "goats" on uk1 who refused my stratergy talk on

      iRonik wrote:

      This title is awarded back to you.
      its not, you tried to discredit me without mentioning any generes

      they are the same genre

      People play travian on moblie too so you cant even diretiate with that

      MadZ wrote:

      Hahahaha. Even when I did play with you in Goats we didn't win because YOU messed up, no-one else. Anyway, it has been good not having you around for a while, why don't we keep it that way?
      what?
      I maybe mis targetd the WW, but the Monkies produced more armies than us, they had better players

      For hammer builders we outnumbered them, but they had more armies. I guess you can say that but its misrepresentation to say its the only reason we lost for sure.
      mistakes would be like this:
      1.) Losing great wall because not spliting def
      2.) Should have split the WWKs given the def level on that server
      3.) Should have captured

      asides from that we played a pretty text book end game

      and if u look at the FLG Wars + amount of hammers enemy outclassed us

      wishmaster3 wrote:

      First you say that being able to send same-second waves has no value in OPs, but then you go on to say that you need people to know how to do it to plan OPs... What??

      Trouble_UK wrote:

      bunch of noobs
      Says the guy who thinks it's impossible to accomodate to internet speed :p People with slow/unstable connections, heck, even I sometimes even though my internet is usually good, will do some test runs to see if there's any delay on their browser/internet when they prepare to send timed waves. Same goes for people sniping. Then you take into account the expected delay when you send.
      I never said sending same second waves has no value in ops.


      2ndly
      its not impossible i never said that either
      its just incovienent
      and its not my main point either
      And I actaully already said all of the stuff u just said earlier. SO IDK where u are getting this from

      Lemon sure is a great representative for uk server

      Gona talk about mods for forums n stuff gud gud

      never mind the game dying
      Carlsberg, is a weak beer.

      >.>

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Templar Knight: removed bad word reference ().

    • The game is dying? Maybe for you it is, but there seems to be more here that actually likes it as it is, over what you’re proposing. So I guess listening to a minority’s opinion is better than listening to what the majority wants?
    • Trouble_UK wrote:

      Gona talk about mods for forums n stuff gud gud

      never mind the game dying
      Plenty of people are going there who will talk about issues with the game :) Lemon has a special interest in the concerns of the .uk community. That doesn't mean he hasn't participated in discussions with other people who are going there about game issues. I've been heavily involved in making a draft for what the (non-tourney) representatives and a few other vocal players like myself see as major issues, that should be raised with TG, and Lemon was a part of that too. But yeah, keep blabbing away.

      As for the rest of your inane brattle, I think people have already shot elephant-wide holes through all of your arguments, so no need to carry on doing that.


      Animis opibusque parati

      com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • 1. I agree that the game as much about strategy as mechanics. Sending 4 second waves is a mechanic and so should be something incorporated into the game without needing specific browsers or modifications. The fact that more than one person thinks this makes it a valid discussion point. Nobody is asking for this to be perfect, click a button and it happens without any thought processes, just for consideration for how it could be done within the game mechanics rather than needing separate tools for it.

      2. The 4 wave cap was brought in as balance. The whole point is that you shouldn’t singlehandedly be able to destroy someone’s account. Sniping is an important part of the game, so if it were possible to bring something into the game mechanics to set up and send waves, this would need to be accounted for.

      There have been other points raised in here that are good ones, about new players not knowing things like the importance of 15cs. When I started playing, the forum was rich with good quality guides. I’d like to see TG offer some encouragement to players to write new, up to date ones. If 4 second waves is something everyone prefers to keep as it is, maybe one of you techno experts could write a guide for us on how to do them without having to use an older version of a browser? I’d really like to read a guide like that.

      Stand out Award 2017 UK

      The post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: removed at request of OP ().

    • Don't agree with you here Meme. If Trouble didn't come in "all guns blazing", belittling people and saying that everything we said was BS, admitting he doesn't even play the game anymore and having flaws pointed out in every point of his post, then maybe you would have a point. You don't need to stick up for everyone you apparently "like" on the forum.
    • Mercedes wrote:

      listening to everyone’s viewpoint with a bit more respect
      Everyone adressed the points he brought forward... Just in the same tone that he set out with himself for a start - i.e. completely disrespectful to everyone else for no reason.


      Mercedes wrote:

      I hope the draft you have put together has taken into account points raised from the forum and isn’t just a reworking of Blackblades epic tome.
      You were there yourself lol ;) You know full well that we separated BB's project from the general points about the game that were of most concern. You still have acces to the draft I wrote, if you forgot what the points were - though from what I gathered, they were much in concord with what you felt yourself (and even partially based on points you put forward here on this forum).


      Mercedes wrote:

      I don’t like the way he’s been belittled and insulted for raising some very thoughtful points
      He was being belittled and insulted for belittling and insulting everyone else. About the thoughtful points... I think very few of his points were thoughtful, and I thought his argumentation was highly flawed and self-contradictionary.


      Mercedes wrote:

      Personally, I found during my time in the Munich chat that a small number of people in there were arrogant and tactless and thought that their opinion was far more important than anyone else’s
      I'm sorry that you had that experience :/ Doesn't seem like (though I can't know for certain of course) either BB or Lemon felt that way though, even though they didn't know anyone in the room before-hand either. There was one point where there was a clash where you made the same statement about elitism, but I think the issue was a more of a misunderstanding of tone/lost in translation sort of thing rather than a question of elitism, and you even got an apology for it from the person who "attacked" you.


      Mercedes wrote:

      I’ve been a lot happier since I’ve not been part of that room, in particular since after several weeks in it, nothing seemed to have been achieved
      Well, you only left when you were gonna quit the travian forum, which was unrelated to the skype room altogether. As you know, since we talked about it... I agreed that nothing concrete had came out of the room after a lot of talking, which was why I wrote up the draft for what my ideas were in regards to important issues to be raised - and you were happy that I was trying to push the project forward ;)


      Animis opibusque parati

      com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...

      The post was edited 2 times, last by playingwithfire: removed quote to spam bot ().

    • Since I can't edit anymore, please feel free to merge this with the previous post but... I forgot that I wanted to adress something else:

      Mercedes wrote:

      about new players not knowing things like the importance of 15cs. When I started playing, the forum was rich with good quality guides.
      After you left, we've actually been discussing how to help new players quite a bit. It's hard to come up with the perfect solution though. But some of the things we discussed were:

      • Making separate beginner servers (not really feasible, since some experienced players could still join to smash noobs (sadly there are those who would do something like that...)).
      • A tutoring system sanctioned by TG, possibly with mentors picked by TG themself (good teams will usually teach new players a lot about the game, but that is solely based on the teams/players themselves).
      • An interactive and more extensive tutorial, catered towards new players (experienced players should be able to skip it) - not necesarilly with rewards like the task master... But for example, to help new players avoid becoming farms the tutorial would pop up and give tips when the player had incoming raids and so on, if under repeated attacks, stressing the importance of settling a secondary village (possibly away from danger) and how to train settlers without losing them/resources and the likes.
      • A newbie zone where new players could learn to sim up their accounts and other basics without being mass-raided as soon as they leave BP.
      • Making a new beginner's protection/extension of it that would only allow raids/a limited amount of raids against the account, until the account reaches a certain threshold - a certain number of pop/villages, sending a normal attack or similar.


      These were just some of the things that were brought up, and obviously most of them have downsides too... But we are aware of the issue... I actually think most people in the room have taken up mentoring new players in their own team plenty of times.


      Animis opibusque parati

      com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...