Alliance bonus

• Alliance bonus

On a slow server it is ridiculous the amount needed to get these, yep I know it is not meant to be easy, but on a slow server it is imposable for a alliance half full or lower to get them.
      Even a full Alliance struggles to get them.
      SO I would suggest a 25% for a alliance of 20. 50% for 40 and full for a full members Alliance, or something like that, it would at least encourage players not to switch Alliances, and make a better fight of it.
    • It's not that difficult, the bonuses are meant to take a long time to get. Maybe you have yet to join a good alliance that actually contribute properly to the bonuses :)
    • That's nice. I never said it was easy but that's the risk you take when you have a small alliance. A 12 member alliance isn't going to go and win a server without a confed or merge, thus begging the question why they didn't join a larger alliance in the first place. You've said nothing to justify a change to the system apart from "make it easier for us because we have less members".
    • While I love small alliances, and would love to see them boosted, if this were the case, every alliance would have a tiny wing to max everything then jump before EGHs and WWs.

Maybe if we had an analogue to an alliance, but smaller this could work. Cap it at 30, but 1.5x donations and bonuses don't transfer to new members for 10x as long as in alliances.

That said, I don't think it's impossible to max them. In an alliance of 30ish, one of my teams managed to max everything but philosophy. And that was with 90% of donations coming from 6 accounts (not dedicated donation accounts. One was a 400k anvil). If you pushed for them, you could get the one or two maxes you want with 12 players. Level 4 is pretty easy as well, considering the huge jump from 4 to 5, and 4 is only marginally worse.
    • Trever wrote:

SO I would suggest a 25% for a alliance of 20. 50% for 40 and full for a full members Alliance, or something like that, it would at least encourage players not to switch Alliances, and make a better fight of it.
      As armour said, it would actually encourage teams to strategically swap players into a smaller wing, maximize the bonusses, and then have everyone switch over to that wing. So in effect, it would just make it cheaper for everyone.

Armour wrote:

one of my teams managed to max everything but philosophy.
      And philosophy is of course a waste of res, so there's only really 3 bonusses you need to spend on (and if you're not a WW team (12 members), commerce might not be that important to you).

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • Armour wrote:

While I love small alliances, and would love to see them boosted, if this were the case, every alliance would have a tiny wing to max everything then jump before EGHs and WWs.

Maybe if we had an analogue to an alliance, but smaller this could work. Cap it at 30, but 1.5x donations and bonuses don't transfer to new members for 10x as long as in alliances.

That said, I don't think it's impossible to max them. In an alliance of 30ish, one of my teams managed to max everything but philosophy. And that was with 90% of donations coming from 6 accounts (not dedicated donation accounts. One was a 400k anvil). If you pushed for them, you could get the one or two maxes you want with 12 players. Level 4 is pretty easy as well, considering the huge jump from 4 to 5, and 4 is only marginally worse.

[90% of donations coming from 6 accounts} How much of that was the gold bonus I wonder, again it is to turn the game into a LARGE bank account for them, players go into a small alliance like mine so thy can get to know the game not just throw away money.
    • It's all in the coordination by the leadership. Set goals, encourage players to donate etc.

I know what alliance you're talking about Trever and it's not the most impressive alliance on the server. You've been together since day 1 and had 60 players for the first few months.
      Ik heb Faalangst!