UK1 Artefact Preparation Server Analysis - by KnowToFail

• Analysis

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• UK1 Artefact Preparation Server Analysis - by KnowToFail

Hello,

so some time passed since my last analysis and since the reaction to that one was well recieved, I decided to do one leading up to artefact preparations. I will probably not do another one for this server, since I will be lacking the luxury of free time that I have right now.

My analysis will be divided the same as the last one (according to quadrants). At the end of each quadrant, I will include "Keys to pulling ahead"for each alliance mentioned. (Id put "Keys to victory", but we all know its waaay to early for that).

Before we start. I will assume that the artefact spawn will be almost the same as the last uk1 artefacts locataion (only coordinates at where they spawn, not the exact type of the artefact). According to those, I will assume that every unique artefact will spawn roughly 69,2 tiles from centre (0|0). Every large will spawn roughly 194,4 tiles from centre. And every small will spawn roughly 265,6 tiles from centre.

Lets start.
      SW (-|-)

Blue represents GG and red represents Betrayed

/MembersAverage population
      GG552300
      Betrayed1052688

This statistic plays in Betrayed advantage. They have more people with better developed accounts. As we can see from the map, lots of both accounts near the middle with the addition that Betrayed extrends more/better away from centre. As I am a member of Betrayed, my opinion is biased, but here is it anyways.
      With the core of Betrayed settled outside centre, that left them there to sim our their capitals, while GG stayed there and tried to gain the lead there. Can confirm, there has been lots and lots of skirmishes with GG constantly pressuring Betrayed with their close quarters hammers. Betrayed is still holding on in the spawn area for now, while also simming away.

Keys to pulling ahead for GG: - Secure the spawn area, clear all the major players spawns/spawn hammers and try to secure as many uniques as possible (and then proceed to keep them safe).
      Keys to pulling ahead for Betayed: - Try to slow down development of GG villages in spawn area with small skirmishes, secure as many larges/smalls as possible and try to steal a unique. Also clear all the GG players that are further away from their buddies to keep their hands off artys.

SE (+|-)

SE is a bit tricky. I dont know much about this quadrant, or any east quadrant at all. I saw no major fighting in there and so cant really assess the situation well. All I can do is compare population numbers and so on.

Orange respresents Losers, blue is K.O.H. and red is FOL.
      In my last analysis I noted that K.O.H only secured 6 15c 100%. Nothing better from that. FOL did a little better, but still nothing amazing. Considering they were left relatively alone, they should have those capitals well simmed up and prepare for artefacts rather easily.

Now there is this wildcard in this quadrant that hears by the name of "Losers". Strong but small aliance. Huge raiding numbers, assuming pretty huge hammers. As good as that looks, unfortunatelly the cruel reality is that they wont be able to do anything major on their own. They could most definetly secure a unique artefact, maybe even be able to protect it. But even with lets say 5 artefacts, that isnt good enough to win. They can make a huge "power swing" by joining either of the top alliances and provide fighting power. Whoever they join, they become instantly an immidiate threat to everyone else.

I will not compare numbers, since I am assuming no major fighting is going on. And comparing raiding numbers is of no use, since Losers clearly take the #1 spot and others fall short.

Keys to pulling ahead for K.O.H. and FOL: -Start making a difference. You had your time to sim away, now its time to become a disturbance in the quadrant. Prepare for small and large artefacts and get some if possible. You only need 15days training to acquire a small one, so it shouldnt be a problem.
      Keys to pulling ahead for Losers:- Try to find a good "fit". It can stay hidden for whatever reason, but start looking for partners in crime. A 9 man alliance can make a huge difference, but unfortunatelly I dont think a good enough difference to win by themselves. Also prepare for artefacts, meaning prepare to get a unique artefact or 2 and them keep them safe.

NE(+|+)

Red and orange-ish colors represent FOX and blue represents CTL.
      Both alliances settled in about the same way. Both have some villages near centre and have then developed outwards to their own direction. Now, I havent seen any actual reports from this quadrant, so I dont know of any actual fighting. Attack points/member ratio benefits CTL greatly, while defense point/member is a bit more even. Lets see the population numbers.

FOX772103
      CTL373079

There is a decent amount of attack points and defense points between both alliances. They dont seem to be active on the forums, so we havent learned any big reports. From 77 members, there must be some of them that were allowed to sim. In my last analysis I counted 20 decent 15c capitals. While CTL secured 12, with lesser numbers. If they were left to sim, 20 beats 12 every day of the week, so they should be pulling ahead big time.

Keys to pulling ahead for FOX: -Secure some importatnt artefacts that spawn near. Try to clear an area, either centre or further away, to establish a stronghold later on.

Keys to pulling ahead for CTL: -Keep doing what you are doing. Get a artefact and start looking to find a partner in crime, if you think you will start getting in trouble.

NW(+|+)

Probably the most controversial quadrant. Here are arguably the 2 strongest alliances on the server, MFH and GotN. Been duking it out for the whole round, constant back and forth.

Blue is GotN and red + pink-ish is MFH villages.

Clearly MFH have the control over center, while GotN has the control of the outback area.

Lets compare the numbers.

GotN384971
      MFH982927

This was known for a long time, that GotN is lacking in numbers, but every account makes a big difference, no average accounts in their alliance. Normally, id put MFH ahead, since even if GotN damage something, MFH can make a push and fix the losses in relatively short time, since they have the numbers advantage. But after reading the forum for a while, Ive come to realise, that alliance by the name of H+++ is intending to helping GotN out whenever possible. So lets call all this bunch of alliances (GotN + H+++ + H++&+ H++) a "northeren alliance. And lets compare the numbers now.

Northeren Alliance1152086
      MFH982927

After all this, it paints a better picture. I dont think H+++ alliances are helping GotN closely, but only provide defense whenever possible. This means that the fight is much much more even in numbers. We have seen some really nice reports from both sides and I dont think that is going to stop anytime soon. Here is my conclusion.

Keys to pulling ahead for MFH: -Secure the spawn area once and for all. Get the hold of uniques when they spawn and hold onto them for dear life. Manage the pressure from GotN and dont give in. Your average player is better then the average player from "Northeren alliance", meaning you can recover quicker if things go badly.

Keys to pulling ahead for GotN: -You probably wont get the hold of uniques right of the bat, since MFH should beat you to them (will be closer to them). Secure larges and smalls and with some good offensive strategy steal a unique early on, before the defense gets ultra stacked there. Keep up the pressure on MFH and try to break the morale. Since your core is fewer in numbers, a good artefact handling is cruicial as well. Rotating large storages etc. to try and be as efficient as possible.

FINAL THOUGHTS
      Since we have here the general settlements of every alliance, we can assume with what kind of arties they will end up (should end up). The 1st 2 weeks after the arty release will be cruicial to see how the alliances hold and use their arties properly. Its not all about getting them, since for a small you only need about 15 days training time, so anyone still has about 10 days to prepare and then go to training his army :)

Any feedback is appreciated:)

• Ugluk wrote:

KnowToFail wrote:

After all this, it paints a better picture. I dont think H+++ alliances are helping GotN closely, but only provide defense whenever possible
      Didn't betrayed do the same? Provide defence to help out GotN? Not exactly helping GotN closely but are providing defence?
      Yes, the players were indeed in our alliance. But that doesnt mean Betrayed is in on it. No MM was sent, no slack message sent etc. While that is the case for H it seems.
      A few players went rouge at best.
    • KnowToFail wrote:

This was known for a long time, that GotN is lacking in numbers, but every account makes a big difference, no average accounts in their alliance. Normally, id put MFH ahead, since even if GotN damage something, MFH can make a push and fix the losses in relatively short time, since they have the numbers advantage. But after reading the forum for a while, Ive come to realise, that alliance by the name of H+++ is intending to helping GotN out whenever possible. So lets call all this bunch of alliances (GotN + H+++ + H++&+ H++) a "northeren alliance. And lets compare the numbers now.
      Ok i really have to put some perspective on this.

The H+++ or what ever they name themself are by no means part of GoTN, nor are they helping us out.

As MFH has posted in here we have had a correspondance with H++++. On the 25.4 they wrote to us, on the Loki acc. It is as far as i know (and i consider myself very well informed) the first contact we had with the alliance. They simply stated that were building deffesive to a ww if we decided to build one.
      This was a big surprise considering that we thought they where working with MFH, since we earlier on had seen Keon help Kali out when Hel attacked Kalis main (and also are seeing Kali settling his newest villa right next to keon). In addition we where surprised since we still do not have any plans towards WW.
      My dual decided to figure out there intentions by asking: what about the wars in betwheen?
      When MFH shortly after chose to attack us with the first real op till now, we simply asked if they had any deff, figuring that if they wanted to deffend against mfh, they had no ties to them. As i remember we did not recieve a single unit. MFH on the other hand recived the igm's between Warlock and Loki?? One have to wonder who acutally got something out ofthe h+ offer?

Since then there have been no interaction besides a nap request from h+, witch was declined.

Regarding Betrayed I think it have been established several times that it was an agreement betwheen two players, and not ally wide.
    • Your leader knew about it as it was happening, I'd say that does mean betrayed was in on it tbh
      There was no need for a mm as only a select few could get there in time

Either way, I always enjoy to read an analysis and see others point of view
      Just would like to know more about the NE quad - be interesting to see whats going on there

I know of a few catapults from FOL being sent at FOX but thats about the extent of what I know there
    • Even if the leader knew, not much he could do about it, since he wasnt the one approached by GotN (at least I really really doubt he was). And you dont send your anvils randomly out without greater purpose then killing a few hammers. But thats my opinion.

Yeah, I havent heard much from east in general. Would be fun to have some input.
    • If he knew then he would of been able to stop him from defending an enemy ally right? So he either wanted that defence there or hasn't got much control over his players - not sure which is worse tbh

If I receive any reports from the East I will be sure to post
    • you should include ST in GOTNs number, that's thier recruitment wing as new comers aren't good enough to join the main wing!

Also, love how thier dead players account is still growing, someone must be using a Ouija board over in Denmark or something
      tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?
    • mutley_UK wrote:

you should include ST in GOTNs number, that's thier recruitment wing as new comers aren't good enough to join the main wing!

Also, love how thier dead players account is still growing, someone must be using a Ouija board over in Denmark or something
      Ah, bummer. I completely forgot about ST... How I let that slip, I have no idea... they even have a pact... Ill edit when i get the time
    • mutley_UK wrote:

Please show some evidence on this???

As i see it she fell in pop from us removing her warehouse ect.

c081cf661810a9edf8c8a4c4c4c4703f

KnowToFail wrote:

mutley_UK wrote:

you should include ST in GOTNs number, that's thier recruitment wing as new comers aren't good enough to join the main wing!

Ah, bummer. I completely forgot about ST... How I let that slip, I have no idea... they even have a pact... Ill edit when i get the time
      Regarding ST it is a know fact that we're helping them out.

From the start of the server we recieved A LOT of applications, and rejected every single one of them. Some of them formed ST, and yes we began to refer rejected players to ST. As time passed MFH didn't seem to be interested in attacking us! But instead went for a much safer win and attacked ST!
      Who should ST ask for help if not us? And why shouldnt we take that oppotunity to wall some MFH hammers? Our deffensiv players were bored u know ;)
    • Good analysis. Don't want to get into the same arguments we always do since everyone knows the truth. But at Thor - yes I do struggle to read your English. Just like you would struggle to read my Danish. That's why I don't go on Danish servers...

Grid is still growing. We've been monitoring it daily. Clearly when Loki said "it's not tolerated in GotN" he was lying. Doesn't matter, we don't believe anything GotN say anyway. Makes it more fun to cat the villages down later.

Update on the East from what I know:

SE - sim city. Losers will take the uniques, no idea what the other alliances are doing.

NE - it's pretty well known that FOX don't send an attack until day 226-227 when they have to. CTL - smash them up whilst you have the chance. Not even a joke. Or wait until they manage to scrape together 600-700k defence for their WW and struggle to feed it. Happened more than once from what I've heard... :D
      What reports are you meant to show off if you're a defensive player? :(

My name is Alex, not Mark :)
    • So overall it has lost pop, but every now and again it increases. Building up resource fields ready for you to raid now that you've moved the account to a different alliance? If you want to persuade me otherwise message me on Skype, no point arguing in here, let's keep it on topic :) Belfe has my Skype so ask him for it, or message me yours in a convo on the forum
      What reports are you meant to show off if you're a defensive player? :(

My name is Alex, not Mark :)