US3 Progress Report

• Analysis

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We've implemented the New Combat Simulator and combat reports on the PTR server.
    Check it out and provide your feedback here!

The Tournament 2018 Qualification starts on the 13th June 2018!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

• US3 Progress Report

Next Progress Report Due Date:
      June 7th (Day 50).

Day 20 Progress Report
      Dear mother and/or father,

Your child, @@CHILDNAME@@ had an exceptionally boring day on US3. However, I will start a forum conversation if it's the last thing I do! (~The Burninator, 2018)

Also, @@GENDERPRONOUN@@ wrote a garbage analysis of the server that belongs in the trash, even saying something ridiculous like "will be updated as the server progresses." What shenanigans? See below:

SouthEast

FrsWheel
      Player count: 49 [[Top 100 count: 25]]
      I recognize lots of these players and can attest to their quality. That pre-formed team looks to have an easy path to quad dominance -- there are some villages from TIPS to evict that should hopefully provide us with some reports, but given the quality and quantity on this side and the relative lack of competition, this looks like the team to beat. As such, they're being scored a 10/10, and all other teams are going to be scored based on how competitive I think they are against this standard. Note the high number of players in the top 100, and how many of those have decent 15c's creeping up in development...
      OUTLOOK: Alright, is your WW level 100 yet? [Score 10/10]

NorthEast

TIPS
      Player count: 35 [[Top 100 count: 16]]
      I am always confused when I see players with multiple villages who have yet to take a cropper, of which there are a few here. This team does look to be going for quality over quantity, and it will be interesting to see how the NE quad plays out given that this looks to be the most competitive quad, and since TIPS has villages in the SE and FrsWheel has villages in the NE.
      OUTLOOK: Contenders. [Score 8.5/10]

CN
      Player count: 71 {2 wings} [[Top 100 count: 18]]
      With players straddling into the NW, there is much more of a mix of quality and quantity in here for sure. That said, there is a lot of quantity here. Again, it will be interesting to see how the NE plays out. CN looks to be outraiding TIPS, so I do fancy their chances up there. Looks like they backed up a bit further than TIPS to grab croppers, which indicates that TIPS players probably settled their caps earlier than CN by and large. Doesn't prove anything, especially since my unscientific random survey of CN players revealed a higher proportion of decent caps than my random sampling of TIPS players. (It's only day 20, I ain't countin' all of 'em at this stage, sorry.)
      OUTLOOK: Contenders. [Score 9/10]

NorthWest

CR
      Player count: 50 {3 wings} [[Top 100 count: 11]]
      Included in the NW because they do have an NW wing and players in the NW in their other wings. From what the NE looks like, I think they're at a disadvantage. They're looking pretty strong overall, though, so I hesitate to count them out. Caps look pretty good.
      OUTLOOK: Tryin' really hard, believing in themselves. [Score 7.5/10]

Ghost
      Player count: 20 [[Top 100 count: 0]]
      Not worth discussion.
      OUTLOOK: USDA rated grade A foodstuffs. [Score 1/10]

SouthWest

Player count: 36 [[Top 100 count: 4]]
      There are several players in here who look good, but the vast majority of this alliance looks a little like the Great Plains, if you catch my drift.
      OUTLOOK: Hazy, try again later. [Score 3/10]

101st
      Player count: 36 [[Top 100 count: 3]]
      To be fair, there are several players in here who look very good. But again, the rest of the alliance could be Iowa as far as I can tell.
      OUTLOOK: Hazy, try again later. [Score 3/10]

LK
      Player count: 20 [[Top 100 count: 14]]
      Quality over quantity. Obviously, anything I say here is biased, but if you look at caps and development per person, raid per person, etc., I'm sure you'll agree. There really aren't enough players here to be a contender with the alliances in the other quads, though. Enough to inflict a ton of damage, absolutely, but probably not enough to contend. I look forward to proving me wrong about that last bit, though.
      OUTLOOK: Tryin' really hard, believing in themselves. [Score 6/10]

Summary:
      1) FrsWheel
      2) CN
      3) TIPS
      4) CR
      5) LK
      6+) Anything else

odinloki_us wrote:

Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Burninator ().

• s1 : Storeythor travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • Kelsier wrote:

You did a nice job with the analysis, is what he is trying to say, I think.
      More or less..

The movie was "Be Cool", sequel to "Get Shorty"..
      This scene..
      [trying on clothes]
      Elliot Wilhelm : Whoo! Scorchin'!
      [smacks his butt and looks at the manager]
      Elliot Wilhelm : Like that?
      s1 : Storeythor travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • trumpery_US wrote:

I'm #6+!!!!
      6.5 right behind us..

playingwithfire wrote:

Well aside from odinloki. He is always easy to spot.
      Is it the red patch..?

SindelPellion wrote:

the folks who conduct them are SOCLOSE to understanding
      Well, if you consider the source, and actually ask him if he's any good at this game then you would understand how much of a compliment it is to tell him he's close..!!

Scarecrow wrote:

Gressor2 wrote:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

• odinloki_US wrote:

Well, if you consider the source, and actually ask him if he's any good at this game then you would understand how much of a compliment it is to tell him he's close..!!
      Bahaha, as odinloki well knows, I'm garbage at this game, so if I'm close, well... I'd say you're doing a good job with your

trumpery_US wrote:

You will notice me. I will be leading the alliance that jumps up to #5+!!!

boxy
      Boxy!

odinloki_us wrote:

Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?
    • playingwithfire wrote:

It has come to my attention that some alliances feel slighted because they were left over. Can we get a fix on this? I mean I need to know who is who. Well aside from odinloki. He is always easy to spot.
      I appreciate this message. I've worked hard at hiding odinloki, and I've done as well a job at that as I have with anything this round so far. Oops.

I do feel slighted, even though we are in an alliance with one member and haven't done anything but screw up.
    • playingwithfire wrote:

It has come to my attention that some alliances feel slighted because they were left over. Can we get a fix on this? I mean I need to know who is who. Well aside from odinloki. He is always easy to spot.
      Tell me, did you also spawn on this server? If so, why haven't you IGM'd me yet?

And sorry for not responding before -- I was deciding how to deal with the question about a "fix" :p.

I will be updating the analysis as the server progresses, so that will have to suffice. I went for anyone in the top 10 this time 'round, maybe next time I'll just include my favorites. That way, everyone knows who my favorites are ;)

odinloki_us wrote:

• Bugzy wrote:

and haven't done anything but screw up.
      I think that's our signature move..

Scarecrow wrote:

Gressor2 wrote:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

• Delusion wrote:

Kelsier wrote:

I spawned in the wrong quad. Oh well. :yy:
      Don't worry. We are currently recruiting spies. Only the best of the best Spies though. I had to reject Odin already.
      I give you all the infos. CN3 is weak and lacks leadership.

Jarwa wrote:

All of the other talk and these familiar names has scared the southeast. We have decided to become CN's third wing. We are now known as CN3. We believe that this meta will allow us to win the server - it was the only way.
      I understand that my presence in the NE has scared you roundly. You have made the right decision, Mr. Splat.
      Too many servers played. :sleeping: Retired for a few years.
      Most recently: :teu01: Blank [TBN] - us3r9
      Currently playing: :rom01: Rex Marksley [PVLN] - us3r10, com1