PTR updates and new features - Discussion thread.

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• PTR updates and new features - Discussion thread.

Hi! Welcome to this thread. Here you can discuss everything related to new features introduced on PTR server.

When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.
    • It was, indeed, inspired by @kirilloid, though not completely identical and actually has bigger plans behind that. Pictures are also a bit outdated, but the new ones are coming already tomorrow, so, I hope, we can survive with that. :)

• Ameno wrote:

One more thing. Since the layout of battle reports will also be changed, it might happen that old known tools for collecting battle reports (the ones that use "Copy-Paste-Recognize" feature might not work with the new battle report system. Therefore we encourage (I'll also talk to CMs about that) you to get in touch with known tool creators (like travian-reports.net) and inform them about that change, so that they could adjust their tools for that.
      I believe this won't be much of an appreciated addition.
      Maybe travian could have another tab on the forum next to Facebook and all with their own report making tool, it would be rather nice to have it all on one place.

Might just be me, but whatever.

Oh bella ciao, bella ciao, bella ciao, ciao, ciao...
    • Well, from what I know it's been discussed (hello, @ELE, correct me if I am wrong), but I am not sure when it's implemented. Not close future, I believe. Of course we'll think of it. Also people get used to certain tools and sometimes find hard to change to the new one. Though, I know that there were also changes in report layout in the past (just not that big) and after some short chaotic period everything was fixed for travian reports tools, so, I hope it will happen also now. This post is only to inform in advance.

• Ameno wrote:

One more thing. Since the layout of battle reports will also be changed, it might happen that old known tools for collecting battle reports (the ones that use "Copy-Paste-Recognize" feature might not work with the new battle report system. Therefore we encourage (I'll also talk to CMs about that) you to get in touch with known tool creators (like travian-reports.net) and inform them about that change, so that they could adjust their tools for that.
      Well, that's a bummer, prepare to storm :D I am glad we realize it in advance instead of running like headless chickens on the day it hits all servers. That will create a chain of changes because some other tools are defendant on reports.

iRonik wrote:

I believe this won't be much of an appreciated addition.
      Maybe travian could have another tab on the forum next to Facebook and all with their own report making tool, it would be rather nice to have it all on one place.
      It was discussed. The reason TG does not officially promote third party tools is that it will be additional responsibility. TG does not control them, does not maintain them, has no means to fix bugs etc. I can sympathize with this attitude but to a point, at the end it is just that - we don't want additional responsibilities. Nothing was promised in this area except contact with getter, maybe.
      Before promoting any third party tool a good level of communication must be established, i.e. updates as such should go to all tools owner and not as a players request but as TG request and maybe with some sort of intensive for the work to be done. As sad as it is most tools owner are not active in game anymore.
      What I was promised though is an option to created a report for outside use in game.

With that being said, who has direct contact with travian-reports.net ? :D because this is serious trouble and indeed the update will not be much appreciated if this trouble is not resolved.
    • Why change the things that don't need change?
      Kiri has been a reliable simulator for years so why not do one ig, except that it uses ressources that could be used elsewhere (ie finding bots, screw up less updates).
      Samedi goes for t report that if i understand corrrectly will not work for Some time, adding complexity to their creators without reliable alternative?
      Call me an old fart if you want, but there would have been more urgent matter than an in game simulator to work on..
    • Afaik the existing one in the Rally Point will be updated, so you'll have Kirill-like quality simulator at your hand anytime instead of needing to open another window/tab.

I find this to be neat actually, except the incompatibility with report generators.

Besides, you mentioned more urgent matters that need to be fixed, takes but a minute to write them down in Game/Forum suggestions or Server Issues.

Oh bella ciao, bella ciao, bella ciao, ciao, ciao...
    • Till now nice :), missing the chance to add more attacker. Soo nice having auto filled with own troops.
      Converter:
      Gettertool and Travian-reports are not working with new report's layout, while this one seems working Convertitore Report di Battaglia Travian - InactiveSearch!
      Pleased to meet you
      Hope you guess my name
      But what's puzzling you
      Is the nature of my game

(Symphaty for the Devil, Rolling Stones, ages ago)