I'm new

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Sorry this is a little off topic. I am in Usa x3 and i wanted to join a alliance. I asked people around me but no one seems to respond. Then i got attack by one of the people. It says that the mail has been read. Are people really that unfriendly in this game?
    • Hi Heat! It really depends. Some players may look at your ranking, account, or pop, and assume be afraid you might be a bigger liability than aid. Some of them might be rude.

Honestly, IMO, that's bad strategy on their side. Eager noobs can be big assets in an alliance, but many leaders are too lazy to take up the training of new players. It can be hard, but you can find the occasional alliance willing to train new players. To be honest, Travian is a game with a real high learning curve and almost all the guides were lost in the forum transfer a few years ago. About the only way to get good nowadays is to be taught. Keep trying, and eventually you'll find someone willing to help out.

[Also, speed servers are notoriously unfriendly. Don't tell them I said that or I'll be called a "slow server player" :o ]
    • Hey thanks i will keep trying. Yeah i read that i shouldn't have started out on a speed sever. That was after i put my account on this sever though. At least there not pounding me into dust witch is a bonus. At least not yet.
    • It's hard to make new people stay... Welcome to Travian. The first few rounds will be hard, but you'll get the hang of it. (if you survive long enough that is.)
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • Much of the time, a Noob is seen as a liability. For a variety of reasons, but the biggest in my experience, is they dont'attempt to join an alliance with the attitude of what can they do to help the team, but what can the team do to help them. The number of times I've gotten an IGM "Hey I want to join your alliance" and when I look at the reports, it's because we've been farming the guy...

So, how to join an alliance.

1. Make friends with your neighbors.

"Hey, I have some defense, if you get in a bind and need it fast."
      "Hi, I have an excess of wheat, and would rather not NPC right now, could u use some?"
      "Want some help clearing that oasis? I have cages".

If they attack you, keep your sense of humor. "if you needed to borrow a cup of sugar, just ask!" or one I use a lot, "cuboard is bare, but I'd be happy to share a cup of coffee."

Keep trying. Sooner or later, it will break the ice.

2. Go to getter. gettertools.com Register an account. ( You'll need it, trust me). Choose your server, then click travian world. Go to Advanced Tools, and then getter map. Figure out the alliances are in your quad. The number 1 reason I ignore someone messaging me to join, is if my team is NE and they are in a different quad. I can't defend you in a different quad. You cant be of use to the team if you are in a different quad.

3. Don't try to join the #1 alliance on the server. They are frequently a preformed team of players who have been playing together for years. They know each other, and more importantly, they trust each other. You don't start at the top. You have to work in the mail room before you get to be CEO.

Spend a few servers being a worker bee, and showing leaders how dependable and trustworthy you are, and you will be an in demand player for a good team.

Good luck.

Q

The post was edited 1 time, last by Quelaana ().

• Sometimes new peeps just spawn in the wrong place and there really isnt anything you can do. You might get lucky and your neighbors will let you get V2 somewhere else before they get rid of you.

I will usually help them out with tips and suggestions if they are not annoying. You just gotta hope the people near you are friendly. If they are not friendly dont make it easy on them.

Remember.... it's a game based on time and resources if you are not easy to kill good players wont raid you or get rid of you until time and resources are no longer a concern which gives you back some time. ........................ Killing their troops takes away their time and their resources.

HINT: look for the groups that have TONS of players in LOTS of wings/confeds/naps etc..... "metas" they will take in anyone. They are ALL about numbers, they only protect the top players but they will usually have a decent person running the wings that is there to "help." By help I mean to make you useful to the top players and hopefully still be around to send defense to their artifacts and WW. But they should teach you something and the common folk wont attack you. BUT you will get attacked by the other real alliances. So its a trade off.
      Bo knows!
      Mace are like bees... a few of them are harmless but a swarm will kill you.

Blah blah blah.... been playing sense .US started then quit that domain. Im morbid.
      I've played on all the English speaking servers many many times along with a few others I never understood a single IGM sent to me.
    • Heat wrote:

It's wickedheat. I just got into a 3 man alliance. Also for all new people reading this get your cranny's up that is really important. I forgot all about that.
      Ahh .. So you're the one that's been messaging me. :)
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

Heat wrote:

It's wickedheat. I just got into a 3 man alliance. Also for all new people reading this get your cranny's up that is really important. I forgot all about that.
      Ahh .. So you're the one that's been messaging me. :)
      take care of him.... he seems so eager....
      Bo knows!
      Mace are like bees... a few of them are harmless but a swarm will kill you.

Blah blah blah.... been playing sense .US started then quit that domain. Im morbid.
      I've played on all the English speaking servers many many times along with a few others I never understood a single IGM sent to me.
    • Heat wrote:

This game seems great so far i really like playing.
      Stick around. We need new people. I've been playing since 2008 and it's slooooowed down since a lot of the vets scare off the new ones. There are some (like me) that like to teach new guys how to play. I looked you up and you're in a different quad than I am, but you can feel free to message if you need suggestions. I'm Twist in game or PM me here.