Close my account

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

The Tournament 2018 Qualification has started!
Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

The dev diary about The Journey of a bug is now available!
Don't miss it: Dev Diary: The Journey Of A Bug
Comments or questions? Discuss it here!

• Close my account

I have made numerous requests for my account to be closed and my requests have been ignored. In frustration I resorted to making abusive demands for my account to be closed on this forum - I was banned for 24 hours but my demands were still ignored.
    Now I think it is time to move this issue up a notch - I hereby withdraw from the contract between myself and Travian Games GmbH in accordance with with my rights provided under the terms and conditions of the contract -

"To: Travian Games GmbH, Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 22, 80807 Munich,Germany, tel. +49 (0)89 324915-0, fax +49 (0)89 324915-970,protest@traviangames.com:
    I/we (*) hereby give notice that I/we withdraw from my/our contractof sale of the following goods / for the provision of the followingservice"

I reserve the right to explore other options and forms of redress should my demand not be met to my satisfaction.

I also demand all personal data held is deleted in accordance with Travian privacy policy -

d. Right to ErasureYou may request us to delete the personal data relating to you without delay and we are obliged toerase such data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:• The personal data relating to you are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they werecollected or otherwise processed.• You withdraw your consent, on which the processing was based pursuant to Art. 6 (1 a) or Art.9 (2 a) GDPR, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.• You object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimatereasons for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (2) GDPR.

Again, I reserve the right to explore other options and forms of redress should my demand not be met.

These instructions are clear and cannot reasonably be misinterpreted. I want my account closing and I want all personal data held and distributed by Travian deleting. Copies of this and other relevant communications have been retained.
  • Well that had to be dragged out kicking and screaming, didn't it? Why didn't anyone tell me that in the first place? Why have you and other staff members repeatedly ignored me when I have asked for my account to be deleted? Why does it require the extremes that I have had to go to, to get any response at all to such a simple instruction?

The reputation of Travian and its staff is appalling. There is good reason for that, the reputation is deserved.
  • Well, one correct address (privacy also works in that case) is written in the same Terms and Conditions that you've just quoted.

Yorkshire Yoda_UK wrote:

To: Travian Games GmbH, Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 22, 80807 Munich,Germany, tel. +49 (0)89 324915-0, fax +49 (0)89 324915-970, protest@traviangames.com
    Second address - privacy@traviangames.com is written on the imprint page.

As for the rest, I will make sure that moderation team are aware of the proceeding written in the Terms and Conditions and will assist players correctly in those requests. I apologize for the confusion it created.

Cheers, Ameno
  • The confusion was created because how to get an account deleted is buried deep in the wall of words that you call terms and conditions, and because your staff totally ignored me on multiple occasions when I asked for my account to be deleted. It wasn't a case misdirection or confusion, it was a case of deliberate ignorance and a case of deliberately not giving any direction at all on how to proceed. You don't just need to make your team aware of their failings in this instance, you need to make yourself aware too because you were told very clearly that I wanted to delete my account and you personally chose to ignore my message instead of respond to it.
  • I am sorry, but spamming forum threads with the mixure of insults and requests can lead to banning the account, but not deleting the data. To delete account we need to be sure that

a) The person who writes those requests is the owner of the account, not some random person who got access to it.
    b) We need to follow certain proceedings, yes, written in Privacy Policy.

Keep in mind, that it might take some time. Companies have 30 days to delete all the data according to GDPR.

And no, up until couple of days ago I can't recall you contacting me. However, currently I can confirm that the email has been received and forwarded to the person, responsible for deleting the data.

Thread is now closed.