Where is the gold?

• If the gold is in the Red chest => red statement is True, blue statement is True, green statement is False (is possible!)
    If the gold is in the Blue chest => red statement is False, blue statement is False, green statement is False (not possible, because 1 of the statements must be true)
    If the gold is in the Green chest => red statement is True, blue statement is True, green statement is True (not possible, because 1 of the statements must be false)

So, the gold is in the RED chest.

Tyamatis
    (ts5, travian US)
  • Ameno wrote:

Red CHEST:
    Statement: The gold is not in the blue chest.
    Converse: The gold is in the blue chest.
    Blue CHEST:
    Statement: The gold is not in this chest.
    Converse: The Gold is in this chest.
    Green CHEST:
    Statement: The gold is in this chest.
    Converse: The gold is not in this chest.

There are 3 chests here. 2 of them are empty, and one contains gold which I am willing to give away to the smartest and luckiest of my subjects. At least one of the statements on those chests is true, and at least one of those statements is false. Where is the gold?

The Red and Blue chests state the same thing, so they must either be both true, or both false.
    If green is true and the gold is in the green chest, then red and blue would both be false. However, this cannot be because red and blue state the gold is not in the blue chest which would be true if it is in the green chest and the others are empty. Red and Blue cannot be false and true at the same time-- Reductio Ad Absurdum.
    If green is false, then red and blue must be both true (because at least one is true) and the gold is found in the red chest.

TLira us20
    xstevo0 usx (dual)

• So, contest is over. Thanks for participation! I'll need some time to evaluate answers and choose winners. They will be announced 12.06.

Correct answer is: The gold is in the red chest.

Logical reasoning: If the gold was in green chest, then all 3 statements would be true, if it was in blue chest, then all the statements would be false, and if it was in the red chest, then 1 statement would be true, and 1 statement would be false. So, this is the only solution that matches the task.

When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.
  • Ok. And here are the results. Due to the activity in the forum thread we decided to increase prize pool and respectively reward more people!

Our random number generator gave us the following winners:

@Anaethema_US
    @Lerajie
    @clabelle
    @Eric4747
    @Converse
    @drybones255_COM

Congratulations! Gold vouchers sent to you via PM. Thanks all for the participation. Stay tuned - quite soon we'll have another riddle to solve!

When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.