Suggestion for oasis

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

The Tournament 2018 Qualification starts on the 13th June 2018!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

Dear community, We're happy to inform, that Tournament Qualification servers just started! More information about it you can find here!

• While I would certainly appreciate having access to such oasis (I don't settle grey), it is doubtful we would see such a change without some other alteration to the game.

The 50% for W C or I is intended to be difficult to get, as well as being a benefit for settling in an area where you can't generate CP. I think most players would see this as a diminishing of the value of settling Grey, upsetting the balance of the game.

Of course there may be a multi-change way to accomplish this that retains the value to the Grey but that would of course be more complex, which also reduces its chances of being implemented.
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play

The post was edited 1 time, last by BlackBlade ().

• Extra resources are always welcome, but I do agree with blade.
      They should be an exclusive in Gray Zone, so you get some sort of compensation for settling there.

It would make it almost too easy for those who settle far away to queue larger armies as well. :D
      Time to stop reasoning. (:
    • + delete grey zone.. Grey zone is reason for less fights in small server, because most players don´t want to fight on longer distance. Alternative would be smaller map and artefact spawning only there or some other big advatange to be in grey zone-
    • Even with Gray Zone removed people still wouldn't go for longer distaces, so that wouldn't save anything.

Smaller maps aren't such a bad idea, but I'd prefer seperate servers for that. (E.g. ts5, ts6)

And besides, artis always spawned closer to center and the numbers gradually decreasing further from center. Making them all in that one small area would be a bit annoying. :D
    • BlackBlade wrote:

While I would certainly appreciate having access to such oasis (I don't settle grey), it is doubtful we would see such a change without some other alteration to the game.

The 50% for W C or I is intended to be difficult to get, as well as being a benefit for settling in an area where you can't generate CP. I think most players would see this as a diminishing of the value of settling Grey, upsetting the balance of the game.

Of course there may be a multi-change way to accomplish this that retains the value to the Grey but that would of course be more complex, which also reduces its chances of being implemented.

what is the actual reason for setting in grey area? I saw people taking for example MC9 there with just 25 % wheat oasis bonus and it was on the edge of the area and they could probably take something else outside
    • Brcause there is a lot more high percentage 9c and 15c there? Because you are close to every quad, which can be good or bad.

It has a lot of cons and lots of pros, but it comes down to prefference.
    • Buckyx wrote:

BlackBlade wrote:

While I would certainly appreciate having access to such oasis (I don't settle grey), it is doubtful we would see such a change without some other alteration to the game.

what is the actual reason for setting in grey area? I saw people taking for example MC9 there with just 25 % wheat oasis bonus and it was on the edge of the area and they could probably take something else outside
      On top of what iRonik said, unqiue artefacts spawn closer to the center. If you take control of grey, you can basically launch on artefacts (especially uniques) in all quads when they drop.

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • iRonik wrote:

Yes, played back then and gray zone was a thing.

And yeah, you had the option to have more heroes, but only one revived at a time.
      There was not GZ in T3.6, center map was just... the center of the map. MH village was in 0|0 while natar cap was in 400|400
      Pleased to meet you
      Hope you guess my name
      But what's puzzling you
      Is the nature of my game

(Symphaty for the Devil, Rolling Stones, ages ago)
    • but is there an actual advantage of being inside gray area compared to being 1 tile next to it from outside? I saw a lot of players being on edges

cris@ wrote:

There was not GZ in T3.6, center map was just... the center of the map. MH village was in 0|0 while natar cap was in 400|400

[list] [/list]

Yea thats what I am talking about, MH at 0|0 and there were probably no artifacts too I think there were only those materials for WW. also good old initial quests with that rat :D
    • Buckyx wrote:

but is there an actual advantage of being inside gray area compared to being 1 tile next to it from outside? I saw a lot of players being on edges
      If your team is in the NE, and you settle on the edge of grey at one of the other quads, you're in prime position to grab some close spawning artes in enemy quads... You're also close to later stealing artefacts from the quad, and launching attacks in general.

If that isn't the case, then they might have just gone for the nearest cropper as their capital, even if it was in grey.

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • iRonik wrote:

There wasn't? I know my memory is quite foggy about the old ones I played, but somehow can't shake the feeling it was indeed there...
      okay there were artefacts introduced in T3.5 which came shortly after I was properly playing last time. gray zone probably came in T4. I need to catch up with "new" stuff lol