S2: Lets hold hands!

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

The Tournament 2018 Qualification has started!
    Don't miss Safiren's Corner!

The dev diary about The Journey of a bug is now available!
    Don't miss it: Dev Diary: The Journey Of A Bug
    Comments or questions? Discuss it here!

• S2: Lets hold hands!

This round of S2 has been one of the most hand holding type of games ever, First with GDA/The Grey and Edge, and then with NS(former TS and VIKES who felt threatened a few of TS's members leaving so they merged) and 7700.

I'll quote @JoshMonster_US here,
      "Hey TS, if you think you guys are 'good' at the game. Why recruit so many players? In my opinion 30 players or less can win a server these days. The smaller the group you win with the more impressive it is. TS is the biggest boy on the block. If you guys win. Woop-d-doo."
      Its really impressive, that the only impact you've had on this entire server was you and your alliance sending resources and defense to the NS WW, and lets not mention how much time and money you invested into the game only to personally lose.

Now lets get started on how hand holdy NS is.
      First Trinty leaves TS, so you merge with VIKES who at the time had a pretty bad relationship with TS(I assume this was because of Trinity.) So after Trinity's head is put on a stake by NS, all the former members of TS are invited to NS because they had artifacts/hammers instead of making an example out of them too. But I will give credit where credit is due, Snow I know personally put in a lot of work on taking out Trinity. All in all, NS leadership is to blame for their simmy nature. Oh and lets not mention the times GDA reinforced TS players(Trinity) and megatron.

EDGE-UN was an uneventful, disgraceful mess that fell by the wayside and were allowed to sim up to try and take the population win not, that it matters, they were farms. Do I really have to mention how much of a noob the splat account came out to be? He claims to have 30 years experience between all three people but loses his hammer and begs for reinforcements from the alliance he planned to hit with it(Stars.)

So I would like to congratulate NS on their WW win, even if it was achieved by simming and hand holding.

Cheers to the most uneventful and boring server I've played!

-TankX24
    • Snuggling was why I left the server..
      s1 : Storeythor travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • TankX24 wrote:

This round of S2 has been one of the most hand holding type of games ever, First with GDA/The Grey and Edge, and then with NS(former TS and VIKES who felt threatened a few of TS's members leaving so they merged) and 7700.

I'll quote @JoshMonster_US here,
      "Hey TS, if you think you guys are 'good' at the game. Why recruit so many players? In my opinion 30 players or less can win a server these days. The smaller the group you win with the more impressive it is. TS is the biggest boy on the block. If you guys win. Woop-d-doo."
      Its really impressive, that the only impact you've had on this entire server was you and your alliance sending resources and defense to the NS WW, and lets not mention how much time and money you invested into the game only to personally lose.

Now lets get started on how hand holdy NS is.
      First Trinty leaves TS, so you merge with VIKES who at the time had a pretty bad relationship with TS(I assume this was because of Trinity.) So after Trinity's head is put on a stake by NS, all the former members of TS are invited to NS because they had artifacts/hammers instead of making an example out of them too. But I will give credit where credit is due, Snow I know personally put in a lot of work on taking out Trinity. All in all, NS leadership is to blame for their simmy nature. Oh and lets not mention the times GDA reinforced TS players(Trinity) and megatron.

EDGE-UN was an uneventful, disgraceful mess that fell by the wayside and were allowed to sim up to try and take the population win not, that it matters, they were farms. Do I really have to mention how much of a noob the splat account came out to be? He claims to have 30 years experience between all three people but loses his hammer and begs for reinforcements from the alliance he planned to hit with it(Stars.)

So I would like to congratulate NS on their WW win, even if it was achieved by simming and hand holding.

Cheers to the most uneventful and boring server I've played!

-TankX24
      Not a player here but I thought I'd comment.

I don't think you understand what type of game Travian is. It's a real time war/strategy game. Everything goes in war. Your confeds today could be your enemies the next day. You dont bi*** about it because you made the greatest mistake anyone could ever make in this game... Trusting someone.

In a war game, you do what you have to do to win. This is not a sports competition where you say "Lets have a fair and square match guys!" If you have to hug the whole goddamn server to win, that is what you do. People are putting in real money to buy gold and get an advantage. If you purposely lose the round, then you just wasted all the money your allies put into developing their account for their alliance.

There is no hugging in a war game. Only diplomacy.
      Usx-
      Rd 23- The REv(WW Builder)
      Rd 24- The Blind Ones(WW Builder and Winners with NNOF)
      Rd 25- Danali
      Rd 26- Teutobod(Defected), Topnatch(Inactive)
      Rd 27- AirPreNe
      Rd 28- Took a break
      Rd 29- Zig & Zag
      Rd 30- Hustleboys
    • wishmaster3 wrote:

Eric Rasputin wrote:

If you have to hug the whole goddamn server to win, that is what you do.
      Or you know, plenty of teams would rather have a good fight, instead of boring themselves and the entire server to death with a 200-man meta.
      If you want to spend your hard earned money for just a "good fight" then by all means you are welcome to do so.
      Usx-
      Rd 25- Danali
      Rd 27- AirPreNe
      Rd 28- Took a break
      Rd 29- Zig & Zag
      Rd 30- Hustleboys
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

wishmaster3 wrote:

Eric Rasputin wrote:

Or you know, plenty of teams would rather have a good fight, instead of boring themselves and the entire server to death with a 200-man meta.
      If you want to spend your hard earned money for just a "good fight" then by all means you are welcome to do so.
      Why spend money to play and team up with 3-4 alliances for the win? That only means one alliance won. You could say "Yay! I helped build their WW for them to take the win" You're still a loser and wasted your money, Just go throw it in the trash.

You also contradicted yourself many times in your post
      "I don't think you understand what type of game Travian is. It's a real time war/strategy game."
      "If you have to hug the whole goddamn server to win, that is what you do. "
      There is no war/strategy in hugging and hand holding. Also to hold hands you have to trust someone to a certain degree. I understand this game quite well and played back in the T2-T3 days when there were 6-7 alliances competing for WW and actual strategies being deployed. I also never said a thing about "having a good fight." If I wanted to sit around in a 3-4 wing meta I wouldn't be playing this game. Certainly times have changed if people hold hands just to say they won the server.
    • TankX24 wrote:

Eric Rasputin wrote:

wishmaster3 wrote:

Eric Rasputin wrote:

Why spend money to play and team up with 3-4 alliances for the win? That only means one alliance won. You could say "Yay! I helped build their WW for them to take the win" You're still a loser and wasted your money, Just go throw it in the trash.
      You also contradicted yourself many times in your post
      "I don't think you understand what type of game Travian is. It's a real time war/strategy game."
      There is no war/strategy in hugging and hand holding. Also to hold hands you have to trust someone to a certain degree. I understand this game quite well and played back in the T2-T3 days when there were 6-7 alliances competing for WW and actual strategies being deployed. I also never said a thing about "having a good fight." If I wanted to sit around in a 3-4 wing meta I wouldn't be playing this game. Certainly times have changed if people hold hands just to say they won the server.
      I think I made my message quite clear. Don't take everything literally.

The "good fight" was not for you.

I have been playing this game since the 3.6 days too and I do agree that those were good times.

Sit around? Is that what you do in a alliance? If I play a server for real... like seriously, my members won't get any rest. I'll have daily ops running and strict targets for the members to meet. Sadly, as you said, times have changed and I can't do that anymore.

As you say, only one alliance wins. But the supporting confed helped that ally to win. They could have easily turned on them and acted as spoilers but they didn't. Even if no one remembers of their support, everyone who played in that round will remember it and thats all that matters. If you're looking for glory and fame, play finals.

"You're still a loser and wasted your money, Just go throw it in the trash."
      I can't comment on this because you are obviously salty and everyone knows I make a good point.
      Usx-
      Rd 25- Danali
      Rd 27- AirPreNe
      Rd 28- Took a break
      Rd 29- Zig & Zag
      Rd 30- Hustleboys
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

TankX24 wrote:

Eric Rasputin wrote:

wishmaster3 wrote:

Eric Rasputin wrote:

Why spend money to play and team up with 3-4 alliances for the win? That only means one alliance won. You could say "Yay! I helped build their WW for them to take the win" You're still a loser and wasted your money, Just go throw it in the trash.You also contradicted yourself many times in your post
      I think I made my message quite clear. Don't take everything literally.
      The "good fight" was not for you.

I have been playing this game since the 3.6 days too and I do agree that those were good times.

Sit around? Is that what you do in a alliance? If I play a server for real... like seriously, my members won't get any rest. I'll have daily ops running and strict targets for the members to meet. Sadly, as you said, times have changed and I can't do that anymore.

As you say, only one alliance wins. But the supporting confed helped that ally to win. They could have easily turned on them and acted as spoilers but they didn't. Even if no one remembers of their support, everyone who played in that round will remember it and thats all that matters. If you're looking for glory and fame, play finals.

"You're still a loser and wasted your money, Just go throw it in the trash."
      I can't comment on this because you are obviously salty and everyone knows I make a good point.
      Oh yes, so salty, Yet you restate my point that they lost and no one cares about confeds at the end of a server. I love how you think everyone would know what point you're making. Maybe you're missing mine? So i'll put it in plain ole' English for you.

If you're going to have 4 alliances out of the 5 on the server band together, hold hands and sim their way to victory(aka sit around), then why are you spending money?
      To auto complete so you can have a high pop at the end of the server?
      If you're spending a lot of money on gold to auto complete and sim, then yes, throw that money right in the trash because you're spending unwisely.
    • I'll give you a real world example of hugging. World War II

Axis (They lost) :
      Germany, Italy, Japan, Hungary,Romania, Bulgaria

Allies (They won) :
      U.S., Britain, France, USSR, Australia,Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Greece, Netherlands, New Zealand,Norway, Poland, South Africa, Yugoslavia

17 countries in Allies of which 5 are continents. Whereas Axis had 6 countries. Allies are almost triple in number.

If you win a server, then any money spent is worth it.

This is what the gaming community doesn't understand. Every game has a clear objective that needs to be completed to win. The objective of Travian is to build a WW to 100 and win the server. Sure fighting is fun but that is not the objective.

If you want to fight, then gather a group of players who feel the same way you do and fight. Don't complain about who won the server when you weren't even trying to win.

And even if you were trying to win the server, and all the alliances start hugging, then woopity effing do, there's nothing you can do about it. Play as spoilers and annoy the s*** out of them. Don't complain because they tried to win just as much as you did and they succeeded.
      Usx-
      Rd 25- Danali
      Rd 27- AirPreNe
      Rd 28- Took a break
      Rd 29- Zig & Zag
      Rd 30- Hustleboys
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

17 countries in Allies of which 5 are continents. Whereas Axis had 6 countries. Allies are almost triple in number.

If you win a server, then any money spent is worth it.
      Likewise, the US won WW1 and WW2.. Just like in travian, everyone else hugging onto the winners barely gets an honorable mention, and certainly not an honorable mention from the winning message in game..

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • odinloki_US wrote:

Likewise, the US won WW1 and WW2.. Just like in travian, everyone else hugging onto the winners barely gets an honorable mention, and certainly not an honorable mention from the winning message in game..
      That might be something that could be improved upon, perhaps by listing the winning alliances Confed and NAPs to start with. The alliance that wins will always have the spotlight but there are ways those that help could be better recognized.
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play
    • TankX24 wrote:

former TS and VIKES who felt threatened a few of TS's members leaving so they merged
      Fact check - on 03/16/18 TS/NS had 50 members. On 03/20 it was 11 members. That is hardly a few leaving. The Grey went from 36 to 60 over a similar time frame. This is not from memory but from outside sites. Shortly thereafter, two major players from The Grey lost their hammers to offensive operations, not hand holding. Then The Grey had a nice steady decline from there on. Yes there was a merger between the small TS remnant and Vikes after the colossal back stabbing. However, that alliance leads in both attack and defense points for the server.

I'm sorry that after you knocked the WW town wall down that only 2 WW levels could be lowered, but we were making troops too.
    • BlackBlade wrote:

That might be something that could be improved upon, perhaps by listing the winning alliances Confed and NAPs to start with. The alliance that wins will always have the spotlight but there are ways those that help could be better recognized.
      This is a good idea, however it's been suggested for many years., And we can see where that suggestion went.. lol

Large Sarge wrote:

Fact check - on 03/16/18 TS/NS had 50 members. On 03/20 it was 11 members.
      Truth.. I was with TS, and one of their more aggressive players in the grey.. Right after this "coup" of players into the new team called "The Grey", all sorts of teams did or were forced to huggle up.. That's when I deleted..

Side note, by chance are you the same Large Sarge that played with Lord Bane a few years back on like s6r4~ish ??

Scarecrow wrote:

Gressor2 wrote:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

• New

Large Sarge wrote:

Unfortunately, yes.
      I remember you being a really swell guy.. And a monster hammer builder.. Nice to see you again, you may remember me as Storeythor..

Eric Rasputin wrote:

Bane's gonna be sad lol
      I just played a round on s1 with him that just ended, ironically Large Sarge's name came up once or twice in spam chats.. lol

Scarecrow wrote:

Gressor2 wrote:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote:

• New

odinloki_US wrote:

Large Sarge wrote:

Unfortunately, yes.
      I remember you being a really swell guy.. And a monster hammer builder.. Nice to see you again, you may remember me as Storeythor..

Eric Rasputin wrote:

Bane's gonna be sad lol
      I just played a round on s1 with him that just ended, ironically Large Sarge's name came up once or twice in spam chats.. lol
      I remember both your in game name and your forum name. Details, not so much. I've been away for a while and the servers kind of blend together. My dual had lots to do with my success aaaaaand my association with Bane.
    • New

Large Sarge wrote:

I remember both your in game name and your forum name.
      I was "twobit" on this round of s2.. However when that little coup happened, and most of TS broke off and we became "the grey", I saw leaders huggled everyone, and it was a real crap show.. I bailed via the delete button..

Scarecrow wrote:

Gressor2 wrote:

Chas00 wrote:

bugzy wrote: