HoF Development & Discussion Thread

• HoF Development & Discussion Thread

Hello To All

The Hall of Fame (HoF) in The .Com Domain is missing some information.
      There has been a reason for this but we will Monday morning quarterback that at a later date.

For now it is time to build a history of The .Com Domain to reflect the great achievements of the domains players.
      We will use this thread to gather what records we should keep and use that to set up a natural museum dedicated to you the players.
      So post in this thread what records you would like to keep and I will add it to the master list in this post.
      Since this will take the participation of both players and staff here on The .Com Domain we will also use this thread to see if you all would like to have an active Hall of Fame maintained.
      I am willing to put in some time for it as think it would be something fun to do and to see how it changes over time. :)

Once we establish what records you all want to keep then we will begin gathering any records you may possess now to begin the process of displaying them properly.
      If you have nominations then please hold them till later after we establish what we will be tracking.

From you I ask the following....

What records do you all wish to keep? Here is the normal categories so just fill in the rest.

MASTER LIST
      Regular server (x1 speed)
      Speed Server (x2 speed)
      Speed Server (x3 speed)
      Birthday Specials

(by tribe/crop/power)
      Largest Offensive Army (top 10 will be the target for all listed here & below)
      Largest Defensive Army
      Largest Population
      Most villages
      Largest Catapult Army
      Largest Ram Army
      Most Offensive Points (player)
      Most Defensive Points (player)
      Most Offensive Points (alliance)
      Most Defensive Points (alliance)

Stand alone tournament section records

Forum Users Guide - USER GUIDE
      Forum Rules & Guidelines - FORUM RULES
      Game Rules & Guidelines - GAME RULES

The post was edited 2 times, last by Templar Knight ().

• Most off points
      Most def points

The same for alliances

BD-special servers section

Largest defense at WW
      Largest defense except WW

All of above by tribe, by crop, by power

I would love to see a collection of most interesting operations as well.

Templar Knight wrote:

Speed Server (x2 speed)
      Do we have 2x servers over than finals? Tournament should be in HoF of it's own.

Largest offense can be judged by a report but how you will sort largest defensive army?

From Templar...Yours have been added

The post was edited 2 times, last by Templar Knight ().

• ELE wrote:

Do we have 2x servers over than finals? Tournament should be in HoF of it's own.
      As i know ".pl" have 2x speed server. May be another domain too.
      dn
      время время время..

ЧЕ:dojik, Hamster;
      ЧМ1:Singing Heart, MightyRU; ЧМ2:Femme Fatale, ситтер на lspci, MightyRU; ЧМ3:после артов KukuYOPTA, CerbeR; ЧМ4:Ternura, ситтер на Ruk, CerbeR.
    • One of the things I'd like to see is a uniform HoF approach across the English domains. I'd prefer Travian wide but English domains is the easiest place to start. The only stumbling block at the moment is the lack of a CM for AU/UK/US. That said I appreciate an effort is being made on the HoF, it has been grossly under maintained (depending on domain) for quite a long time.

That said ELE has given a good list. I need to sit down and see if anything is missing based on docs/sheets I've prepared in the past but a first glance says its pretty detailed.

On a more general note though I think there should be a "Master Thread" that links to every individual HoF thread within the domain. Searching for a specific server/round has often proven difficult, though that is in part because I have all 4 English domains visible. Going along these lines would be other general housekeeping thoughts of using a particular format for thread titles and general formatting uniformity of content.

A question has popped into my head regarding formatting: Should each round receive its own thread or should it receive its own post in a single thread for that server?

I'm partial to a single thread per server, otherwise there will be quite a few threads and over time it will make things less organized. Thoughts from anyone else?
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play
    • I prefer individual threads for different rounds... It's a bit easier to just click on a thread, instead of having to scroll through a thread to find a specific post (especially if the posts are long because of the stats). No real argument other than that, just personal preference.

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • A good point. A possible solution would be to have a table of contents in the first post a thread that links to the post(s) of each round. Then its two clicks and minimal scrolling. But regardless the main thing is being consistent. There are ways to make either approach more user friendly.
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play
    • I too like the idea of individual threads for each of the server statistics with a contents thread linking to them all. I think that would make it vastly easier to find the relevant server and round.
      Having the overall stats being on their own page also makes sense to me (i.e. largest hammer of all time, etc).
    • Largest defense at WW
      Largest defensive wall besides WW
      Heaviest train (need to define, maybe by landing in certain interval)

Number of servers won :)

Shortest/longest WW built

If most artifacts then most plans as well

Smallest alliance to build a WW, largest meta to build a WW (may be not, no idea how to calculate properly)
    • Ah yeah ofc WW def.

Heaviest train is hard to define... I guess you mean by crop count? Should be a short enough interval so it's not two trains after the first one failed or something like that :p but still leaving time for some stragglers to land... 4 hours or something like that maybe? Could reasonably do both more and less though.

With smallest alliance to build a WW... You mean finishing level 100 right? If so, sure... But then it should include everyone who supports the WW, unofficial/hidden allies and so on too.

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • I had an hour in mind for the train :) Must set bar high. I was thinking about something for coordinated offense as alliance achievement. Maybe number of hammers that damaged a WW?

Yes, smallest to get to level 100, and yes, hard to count supporters, unless support is restricted to confederacy for which there are no plans for regular servers and WW in general so I guess TK can disregard that suggestion.