Game improvements

• Some do, but I've seen WWK & WWR being built from just good support villas with oasis. Considering 20 villas produce almost 200k/h worth of res without capital.

But that very much depends on the person, I raided nothing and made a ~350k WWK, not that it's a good one, but for first time I was satisfied.

And I've seen people use villas adjacent to hammer villas with few farming troops and exporting there so main doesn't suffer.

Blobfish - si2 2017/18
    • ELE wrote:

notorious crunchie wrote:

So with 10x scouts that is the equivalent of losing 350k scouts in one scout attempt?

Please provide me that report, in the meantime I will just sit here laughing away.
      I have never said a single report.
      When a defcor sees first signs of the rival alliance operation, scouts will be sent to known hammers aiming to land shortly before expected send time to potential targets or with intervals in hope to see a hammer home before it was sent. Several potential targets means several targeted times for several hammers. Single crop scouting will not do much as the hammer will be walking somewhere all the time. Sim above as a sample will allow to send 5 times on 2 hammer villages which even with ideal execution will not guarantee desirable result and will cost half of 50K scouting army.
      Alright fair enough, but with that level of defensive coordination against scouting you shouldn’t be able to get a report as easily as you do.
    • chainsawdaz wrote:

Idk if this is allowed to be discussed here? since no one else has posted here?

10Merge the English speaking domains - UK/US/AU

This will just kill solo accounts even more, as if things aren't already bad enough getting attacked in the middle of the night (like 4am) and waking up to lost and croplocked villages lol. This is good idea for player numbers overall though so its got me confused ;( personally I think that if you have a solo account (like only ever logged into from 1 device/IP) you should have like a 'night-time' option that stops attacks on you and attacks from you for a maximum time of like 8 hours to let you sleep. If you dual or whatever then system will instantly know different device/IP and stop you being able to use feature.

Switching this discussion over here since I'm not a 'UK Leader' ... And I completely agree.

As of now, all the English speaking domains have a very small following with the exception of .COM which isn't all that far off from the others. The .ZA domain is even worse than the other English speaking domains.

So, merging the English speaking domains would be a huge boost in sales (gold) Which Travian loves very much.... Concentrated player base that can make proper use of the 400x400 map. Beautiful competition and the most activity you have ever seen since the T2, T3 scene.

I'm conflicted on the night time option but I'll let people comment on it before I can make my decision.

Let the discussion begin.
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • iRonik wrote:

Yeah, and watch the world burn when UK / US people see they've been merged.
      A small part of me wants that exactly lol
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

• While I certainly understand the complexities of merging the English domains, it wouldn't be unheard of in the gaming world for them to be together. One might say they should have been from the start. While I certainly am not a fan of Kingdoms, they simply have "EN". No separate domains for different English speaking countries, they don't even have an international domain separated out.

So while I expect there would be some frustration, even anger at merging of the 3 English speaking domains it makes sense from multiple perspectives. It also wouldn't include merging them with COM, which is essentially the Kingdoms model. I expect adding COM to the equation would cause even more divisiveness than AU/UK/US.

Those domains are about to share a CM. UK/US already share the same CSR. There is overlap in Mod staff. Players cross domain lines to play all the time. We all play the same game. The 3 English domains are pretty similar in how they view game ethics, though they do have some different methods of expressing themselves on the forum. Like any integration it would be rough at first, but I think after a little bit of time it can lead to a stronger united English domain with more fun servers and more forum activity.

We need to focus on what unites us, not divides us. Disagreement is okay, but if we respect each other, debate constructively and play the game we all love together it will be good for all of us.

We certainly can't control what comes down from HQ but we can make the best of it. We do all choose to be here after all.

@Eric Rasputin .ZA is still alive? I thought they killed that off a while back.

P.S - The new English domain could use the "ORG" domain extension. Travian already owns it and it isn't already occupied. An alternative would be to do like the Arabia servers which have a sub-domain of .com.
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play

The post was edited 1 time, last by BlackBlade ().

• BlackBlade wrote:

@Eric Rasputin .ZA is still alive? I thought they killed that off a while back.

Well, I remember playing on za1 a while back ... Maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I don't think it has closed. And with the new website of travian, its hard to figure out which domain you want to go to.

I thought changes were supposed to be for the better but Travian has proved us wrong twice. One by changing the forums and the second by the changing the website.

• notorious crunchie wrote:

That on such a dead server there is 0 decent central croppers.

Going over 100 squares out will be considered the sticks on this one
      This coincides with my arguments that the map is too big for the player base each server has. There are barely 200 or so active players on each server.

Either make the map small or combine the English speaking domains to make use of the large map.