Pinned Sunday school for newbies

• KnowToFail wrote:

So together with @ELE and @BlackBlade we are making an Unoffficial Travian Discord server. It includes every english speaking domain.

The main reason we are doing so, that it is simpler to ask questions in Q&A section and for other people to ask questions and others can contribute to the answers. We just started it today, so we are looking for people to slowly join and contribute. It can also be a place to disscuss domain-wide/server-wide discussions.
      Here is a join link: Discord
      Feel free it to share it with anyone you feel like would enjoy such a thing. The link should never expire.
      If you have any questions, feel free to join it and ask away :D
      why discord? skype sucks?
    • We are slowly doing just that.

Yeah forum is go-to for everyone for sure. But for some really new players, without a forum account, its easier if they see a Discord link and join it, without registration and just ask questions there (especially since if you dont have a forum account and are from X country, then no-account users will get redirected to X countrys forum only etc).

We are working towards a way to repost all questions asked in Q&A section there to also be reposted here :D
    • Discord allows for a much better management and making things more organized in general, but for such a large amount of people Forum is better.

I can see discord being fine for ~100-250max with good moderation, but after that is becomes a total hassle...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yowie: Swearing is against forum rules. Please refrain from swearing in future. ().

• che ansia wrote:

KnowToFail wrote:

So together with @ELE and @BlackBlade we are making an Unoffficial Travian Discord server. It includes every english speaking domain.

The main reason we are doing so, that it is simpler to ask questions in Q&A section and for other people to ask questions and others can contribute to the answers. We just started it today, so we are looking for people to slowly join and contribute. It can also be a place to disscuss domain-wide/server-wide discussions.
      Here is a join link: Discord
      Feel free it to share it with anyone you feel like would enjoy such a thing. The link should never expire.
      If you have any questions, feel free to join it and ask away :D
      why discord? skype sucks?

iRonik wrote:

Discord allows for a much better management and making things more organized in general, but for such a large amount of people Forum is better.

I can see discord being fine for ~100-250max with good moderation, but after that is becomes a total hassle...

basically what iRonik said. Much much easier management. Youll see lots of rooms, you can assign people roles so they have special "abilites" according to those etc.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yowie: Fixed quote ().

• KnowToFail wrote:

WBut for some really new players, without a forum account, its easier if they see a Discord link and join it, without registration and just ask questions there (especially since if you dont have a forum account and are from X country, then no-account users will get redirected to X countrys forum only etc).
      They are MUCH more likely to get a forum account before they look at any discord.

Just my 5 pence.

And for people to join discord they need to visit the forum and find that exact spot on that exact domain for that exact discord. ^^
    • It is a test. We will see how things work out. I see the Discord as complementary rather than supplementary. It may not work out but we won't know until we try.

And I've seen reports of servers that manage thousands, so if they can I don't see why we wouldn't be able to.
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play
    • iRonik wrote:

Discord allows for a much better management and making things more organized in general, but for such a large amount of people Forum is better.

I agree that it should mainly be on the forum, but it's honestly quite easy to manage discord servers with even 10k+ members..

• Just my two cents... would be nice if you could work on improving the FAQ too in game. Teaching tactics and broadening ones horizon is nice but if someone asks basic questions like the one earlier like how do i transfer gold to other server.

The real question I feel is why was he not able to find it on his own :)

Once again I am happy to help where I can and I am an eternal noob :)

The concept is to teach people to fish and maybe add eventual guides as things were available in the age of 3.6 :)

Most of the learning i did as a solo noob was via the guides that people posted :)
      The rest has been playing with legendary players and learning from them :)

Example :: From a roman guide on travian answers.
      "
      Guide for starting as Roman in T4.4 (by Simas)"

Moving Out

Step 8a: Residence to Level 10 & 3 Settlers:

In this portion of the step you simply need to build your residence to level 10 and build the 3 Settlers. In Travian 4 the costs of settlers, especially for Romans has been greatly reduced so it won't be as much as a burden on you as previously. With decent raiding it should be possible to have them all queued and ready within a matter of hours.

Step 8b: Choosing Your Location:

In Travian 4 there are a large number of 150% croppers in the middle of the map in an area called the Grey Zone, if you settle in the Grey Zone none of the villages you settle there will produce Culture Points. Also if you settle within the Grey Zone you will come under attack by a large number of natars with multiple catapult waves. However you can still find 150% croppers and other great croppers outside the zone but they are quite a bit rarer than previously. For me as a raiding Roman I find the perfect second village would be a cropper in my 13x13, although occasionally if you are truly dominating you're local area then I might suggest settling normal 4/4/4/6 next to the cropper to stake your claim and to make sure that you have decent production before settling the cropper as a third village

By the time if the beginner is reading this and reaching this spot on his own and without gold i donot know how far behind he shall be.

But thats just me :)

PS just a random guide i picked up to read . Personally i tried comx non gold quit after 1 month when the sheer difference between rank 1 and me was significant..
      Napalm - s9

The post was edited 1 time, last by Badboy ().

• There will never be a guide for non-golders that would compete with golders, thats just the reality. Since if there was, there would be hardly and point in buying gold. The difference becomes when someones 15c capital is producing 150k ressourses/hr and non-golders 30k if they are good. And then with time, the difference grows biggers since there is more res to spend etc.

If you are a non-golder you just have to accept the fact that you will be behind in a "me vs top player" scenario. But non-golders still play a pretty important role in Travian. If there is 10 of them and if they play correctly, they can provide good defensive support or small skirmishing hammers.

And even non-golders can get a pretty hefty amount (no where near players that build 15c 150%, but enough to get yourself Gold CLUB and some 25% productions for some time) of gold during the server via auction house because of golders that like to spend relentlesy. You just have to play it smart.
    • Yes, non-gold users can be quite helpful. As an example:
      I know one player that never has more than 20 villages at the end, but provides well over 100K D for end game and supplies her WW with well over 100 million resources, often topping 150 million.
      Good anvils easily surpass the troop totals, but few, even among "top" accounts ever contribute that many resources to a WW.
      She is first and foremost a team player, which makes her far more valuable in my eyes than, say, a top raider.
    • You miss my point.... the guides available need to be proof read :) The travian answers more accurate and more lay men.

Point 8a is about settlement by the time a new roman gets there :)

village 2 is sure to be cataed.... if not in the far far far away land :)

or raided for 3200 :)
      Napalm - s9
    • Again I'd agree. No new players are golders to start with, we should start contributing with guides for non-golders. Those players will definitely visit the forums. Right now i'm hyped to write one since there's no world cup games tonight, so i'll see if i'll be up to write it all or not. I'm playing on a high maintenance acc right now so i can't promise. But if someone else promises i can just sit back and relax

AbounA wrote:

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro
    • started writing a guide, lost all my energy trying to build a readable table which in this version's not easy at all. Would be great if someone could read proof it and complete it would be great. Also there's this issue that non-golders cannot NPC, so i'm can't go and calculate how to use various resources. It's a whole another world.

Hello Guys,
      This guide's how to quickly settle for newbees and non-gold users. It does not include raiding, which you should avoid obviously. It's simple straight forward guide telling you what to do next.

Warning:
      During settling - a stage comes where tonnes of players will be at 170 population - and then stop there. You'll see yourself approaching that population if you follow this guide - but if you get tempted and decide to "why not grab the climbers medal" at that point you've lost the settling war. While 100s of players at that population of 170ish are waiting for their culture points and settlers - you're using precious resources into simming meaningless buildings to get a climbers medal. Look at bigger picture here please and stop being a noob which is the purpose of this guide.

Settling Timer:
      (ASSUMPTION: you're starting on day 1 of the server. Otherwise you can still learn the basics of settlings in a trial server. ) From the server start (usually 5:00 gmt) till 11:00 gmt. This is the period during which you should start it. Even if you had to wake up for half hour to go through tutorials and some basics - start in between this time. 11:00 utc is when the day switches. Starting earlier than this - you can collect your first "daily quest" rewards, while after the day switch at 11:00, you have 24 hrs to grab another. That first reward for romans is 90% of the times 50cps while for teutons/gauls it's usually 50 hero xp.

Tribe:
      If you want to sim to settle - ideal tribes are Gauls followed by Romans. Simming is easier on Romans, but settling while simming's cheaper on gauls. There are reasons, gauls settlers cost is cheaper + lower infrastructure is required to train it. Romans are a little expensive with slightly more infra required but with double buildings it's easier to go with romans. While teutons got more expensive settlers + higher granary required to train the settler. Teutons compensate this higher resource requirement with cheap troops to raid with - but you should not raid the start. It's got complications and a lot of "team work" is required if you want to be efficient.
      Tribe to pick: Non-gold users should go with "Romans" due to double building upgrades.

Tutorial:
      First step when you start a server - DO NOT SKIP IT. You're never pro enough to skip tutorials in Travian. It gives more hero experience + free 1 way adventure trip to the hero + a level on warehouse or something that I forgot which you don't get by skipping it. Basically do not skip it and endure it.
      When completing tutorials, you'll have to send the hero on adventure - non-gold users should pick the furthest 1hr 30 mins one. Reason: One trip completest instantly, so your hero will arrive at the target right away. If your hero finds resources, you have 1 hr 30 mins to spend enough resources to avoid overflow. If you pick one of the shorter ones, you'll lose resources. Golders should use the 2nd path. Since the task master gives hero experience on 2nd adventure which levels up your hero. Better be done quickly with it.

Task Lists:
      Once you're done with the tutorials, you'll meet the task master. First of all remember to collect your daily rewards points before day switch.
      After you did that, you follow the task master - but not blindly. Not all tasks should be done. There are 3 types of tasks. Military/Economy/World. Here's the table: (in this forum version no matter what i did i could not edit tables :/ I hope you wouldn't have problems reading this.) One two quick tips:
      When your hero levels up - put 1 point into fighting strength and the rest into resource bonus.
      Do not make barracks till adventure gives you +2 troops (unless if you unlucky ones who'll be forced to build it.

Military TasksRewardsEconomy TasksRewardsWorld TasksRewards
      Next Adventure30 xpIron Mine+25%View Statistics300 Res
      Cranny500 resMore Resources570 ResChange Village Name100 Cp
      Complete 5 Adventures15 OintsGranary770 ResMainBuilding 3470 Res
      Barracks480 ResAll to One1460 ResBuild Embassy605 Res
      Fighting Strength700 ResTo 2!845 ResOpen Map435 Res
      Train Troops1 CageMarket Place600 ResRead Message940 Res
      City Wall380 ResTrade397 ResBonus Gold20 Gold
      Attack Oasis2-troopsAll to two1400 ResAlliance925 Res
      Barracks Level 31400 ResWarehouse 32140 ResMain Building 51865 Res
      Academy740 ResGranary 32810 ResResidence1900 Res
      Smithy2000 ResGrain Mill4605 ResCulture Points2720 Res
      Research Units1950 ResAll to 5Warehouse 77930 Res
      Smithy Upgrade10 BandagesSurrounding Report2850 res
      10 Adventure500 SilverResidence 10167 Cps
      Auctions730 Res3 Settlers3500 Res
      Settle New Village48h Plus

AbounA wrote:

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

The post was edited 1 time, last by fnx ().