Alliance Leaders Meeting

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Imo it's all flawed as no one has asked new players why they are leaving, what don't they like etc. It's out-of-touch having a bunch of experienced players try and decide things for a group of players they don't represent. Probably best to just give new players a survey in-game to fill out a couple days after BP ends or something.
      UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab.

Discord: Daniel#7855
    • chainsawdaz wrote:

Imo it's all flawed as no one has asked new players why they are leaving, what don't they like etc. It's out-of-touch having a bunch of experienced players try and decide things for a group of players they don't represent. Probably best to just give new players a survey in-game to fill out a couple days after BP ends or something.
      trying to find some answers to this is one of the top items on the agenda. All the alliance leaders in the discussion had the most concern about how to help keep new players on the game, and if nothing else, it’s focused their attention on how much more they could do here.

@MadZ I went through all the HoF records and tracked down leaders of each of the top or WW holding alliances in there for the past three years. That includes a number of people that I don’t necessarily see eye to eye with or who I’m playing against. Some of them I had a Skype contact for but a large number I had to request or track down through mutual contacts. I don’t know speed players so lemon was tasked with finding them.

Maybe this will all be a big waste of effort but if you don’t try to open up communication, you can’t complain if no communication comes back.

Stand out Award 2017 UK

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mercedes ().

• Well I disagree with the communication point as the forum is an open communication platform directly to employees of TG. The forum is also open to everyone too, so using the excuse that the leaders aren't on the forum doesn't cut it either.

However, I like you a lot Meme and I don't think the UK forum would still be about in any capacity if it wasn't for you so good luck with what you are doing :)
    • MadZ wrote:

Right, so it's basically just a chat of people that Meme prefers over others. Thanks for clarifying :)
      Meme Doesent know me, so have nothing to do with this.
      So stop being so bully, some ppl actualy try to do something about stuff everybody complain about, keep talking like this and one day, nobody actualy care.

Just be greatfull that somebody use time to try make a difference. :)
    • Delta_DK wrote:

MadZ wrote:

Right, so it's basically just a chat of people that Meme prefers over others. Thanks for clarifying :)
      Meme Doesent know me, so have nothing to do with this.So stop being so bully, some ppl actualy try to do something about stuff everybody complain about, keep talking like this and one day, nobody actualy care.

1. If you are going to join into an English speaking forum, then learn to type proper English.
      2. Literally look at the post right above yours, I am grateful. But this endeavour is a waste of time.
    • MadZ wrote:

Delta_DK wrote:

MadZ wrote:

Meme Doesent know me, so have nothing to do with this.So stop being so bully, some ppl actualy try to do something about stuff everybody complain about, keep talking like this and one day, nobody actualy care.
      1. If you are going to join into an English speaking forum, then learn to type proper English.2. Literally look at the post right above yours, I am grateful. But this endeavour is a waste of time.
      That you chose to lead your retort with "get gud at engrish" to a non-native speaker just shows the height of your pettiness.
      ..And that is the Final Word.

• Mercedes wrote:

I got you babe ;)

Meeting attendees tomorrow at 7pm

Slow Servers
      Medusa - MM
      SR - MFH
      Misschief - TE
      Thor - GoTn

Speed servers
      Blucey - GTB

Fire and Sand
      Linus

I will also be present to facilitate.

Agenda
      1Player numbers - what marketing is being planned to increase them
      2regular invitations to players to give suggestions on game improvements, and a commitment for devs to consider and comment on the most popular.
      3what data does trav have on when new players generally leave, like percentage who leave in the first x days, and/or any feedback or questionnaires or reasons they leave. Alliance leaders feel they could play more of a part in player retention if they had this information.
      4overhauled tutorial including a few raiding attacks against a player, to teach different options for dealing with it (cranny, defend, spend down), and more information emphasising alliances
      5fixed start dates for servers and fewer servers per domain. More notice given of server starts.
      6simple in-game chat or shoutbox, possible archive - when is this likely to be introduced?
      7leader tools (group messaging, confed messaging, logging def calls)
      8official videos / guides / how-to's for new players with links to a game overview video at the end of the tutorial
      9Translation option available on all servers
      10Merge the English speaking domains - UK/US/AU
      11When is the improved trade route being implemented
      12Croppers more concentrated in the centre of the map
      13Specific holidays for domains
      14Free starter pack - eg x3 NPC, x3 Instant build, x3 troop evasion to encourage more players to see the benefits of gold use
      15When is the next version due?
      16F&S - limit on troop numbers merged per day

regarding point 14, i have an idea-
      After a player's beginner protection expires, give him a 7-day trial of gold club, so that new players can see its benefit and purchase it after the trial expires.

Eye halve a spelling chequer, it came with my pea sea.
      It plainly marques, four my revue, miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
    • ^excellent idea :)
      Travian should learn a thing or two from old good addictions, offer them a little bit, and then when they taste it, they'll be spending like crazy to get it again :p
    • chainsawdaz wrote:

Imo it's all flawed as no one has asked new players why they are leaving, what don't they like etc. It's out-of-touch having a bunch of experienced players try and decide things for a group of players they don't represent. Probably best to just give new players a survey in-game to fill out a couple days after BP ends or something.
      Compared to most of the people involved, I'd consider myself 'new'. So they are technically having their say.
      S1 - Chronos travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
      S2 - WIM travian-reports.net/us/report/493804f33ac
      Puzzled Converter - Battle reports Travian
      I also put most of the work in for this: Converter - Battle reports Travian (thanks for leaving siege at home).

"And firstly I have never met anyone but you that can play a whole server without buying gold" Ben (happy) 13/2/18
    • Amazing how Ameno couldn't even handle point 2 for half of the hour we were promised.

10 minutes in and she was trying to derail the conversation, avoid hearing or discussing any of the points we made and act defencive over any of the points we managed to get in rather than addressing them as genuine concerns of ours.

In an hour and a half we managed to just scrape point 4 before she went back to the format of the chat which she ranted on about for half an hour straight at the beginning of the meeting.

I already new that Travian didn't give a damn about player concerns... I didn't need one of their employees to go out of their way to waste hours of my day to prove that.

She wouldn't hear points 5-16
    • Although I was hopeful for a positive outcome, I cannot say I am surprised at the result despite the effort that was put in by the UK community.

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.
    • Medusa_--_UK wrote:

Amazing how Ameno couldn't even handle point 2 for half of the hour we were promised.

10 minutes in and she was trying to derail the conversation, avoid hearing or discussing any of the points we made and act defencive over any of the points we managed to get in rather than addressing them as genuine concerns of ours.

In an hour and a half we managed to just scrape point 4 before she went back to the format of the chat which she ranted on about for half an hour straight at the beginning of the meeting.

I already new that Travian didn't give a damn about player concerns... I didn't need one of their employees to go out of their way to waste hours of my day to prove that.

So blame everyone else but yourself? Ameno is the one who took time out of her day to address or at least try to address your (UK's) concerns. My thoughts:

1) Who decided the format of the chat will be text at last minute? Why were some unable to do voice chat? That already kills valuable minutes.
      2) You had 16 topics of which 6 people were present plus 2, though I don't know how much Mercedes or Lemon presented their thoughts, but then you have Ameno as well. That is 9 people of which you're expecting to cram discussion about 16 topics. Unless you wanted just "yes/no" answers that too will eat up your time very quickly. Munich had 10 people and most of 3 days spent on several topics. Even if you take out the "downtime" from the Munich event, what made you think you could get a proper discussion in one hour when it was not possible for this group?
      3) Half of the subjects I don't think Ameno can address on her own. Is she supposed to predict what your actual concerns are and provide answers based solely on a vague or broad statement?

I know you guys expected more, but the real world likes to mess up plans no matter how well organized or thought out you think they may be. Perhaps you should've considered narrowing down your questions to the most important ones, much less than 16, or if you're adamant they all be addressed then ask 5 questions by voice chat and submit the rest as a questionnaire that Ameno can give to the right person to answer.

But to blast Ameno for something you guys are culpable for despite her giving her own time does everyone a disservice, especially Ameno, who certainly does not deserve such criticisms, at least in the manner you are portraying.
      ..And that is the Final Word.

• Ameno was thanked at the meeting for giving up her time and I would like to thank her again, it is appreciated.

As soon as she agrees the minutes I will post them here and people can make up their own mind about how productive it was.

As regards the reasons for the change to text, they were given to Ameno half an hour before the meeting and she said she was fine to proceed. One participant was travelling, one had no microphone on his computer, one was concerned that his spoken English wasn’t good enough to be understood clearly. The option to reschedule for a voice call was offered several times through the meeting when it was clear Ameno was unhappy with the change, but she chose to continue. It was offered again at the end but hasn’t been replied to yet.

Just to add - I completely take the blame for any misunderstanding about the format of the meeting. I asked Ameno first what she would prefer and she seemed unsure but suggested audio. When I took that back to the group not everyone was able to commit to that and hence the decision to revert to text, but I should have informed Ameno of that sooner.

I was really hoping this might help to build some bridges between the UK community and TG and am really sorry that so far that doesn't seem to be the case, but I really hope we can move forward from here and not backwards.

Stand out Award 2017 UK

The post was edited 3 times, last by Mercedes ().

• Final Word wrote:

Medusa_--_UK wrote:

So blame everyone else but yourself? Ameno is the one who took time out of her day to address or at least try to address your (UK's) concerns. My thoughts:
      1) Who decided the format of the chat will be text at last minute? Why were some unable to do voice chat? That already kills valuable minutes.
      2) You had 16 topics of which 6 people were present plus 2, though I don't know how much Mercedes or Lemon presented their thoughts, but then you have Ameno as well. That is 9 people of which you're expecting to cram discussion about 16 topics. Unless you wanted just "yes/no" answers that too will eat up your time very quickly. Munich had 10 people and most of 3 days spent on several topics. Even if you take out the "downtime" from the Munich event, what made you think you could get a proper discussion in one hour when it was not possible for this group?
      3) Half of the subjects I don't think Ameno can address on her own. Is she supposed to predict what your actual concerns are and provide answers based solely on a vague or broad statement?

I know you guys expected more, but the real world likes to mess up plans no matter how well organized or thought out you think they may be. Perhaps you should've considered narrowing down your questions to the most important ones, much less than 16, or if you're adamant they all be addressed then ask 5 questions by voice chat and submit the rest as a questionnaire that Ameno can give to the right person to answer.

But to blast Ameno for something you guys are culpable for despite her giving her own time does everyone a disservice, especially Ameno, who certainly does not deserve such criticisms, at least in the manner you are portraying.
      Oh sorry, I was under the impression that the rest of us took time out of our days too.

My mistake.

Also, I would have been much happier to not get through the points had she not been rude from the very first point and not used deliberate delaying tactics throughout. And if she had acknowledged the offer for a 2nd.
    • It looks like both sides went into that meeting expecting failure and then just blame other side. Only difference is that you can throw everything at ameno here while she will probably need to refrain from posting her exact thoughts because you'll get even more offended.
    • iRonik wrote:

Jesus you're a drama queen. Anything you people get some are never satisfied...
      So why are you in the meeting if you're so unsatisfied and offended? Just don't be there and spare Ameno and yourself the trouble, simple.
      I was in there to discus the points ratified for 30-40 alliance leaders who were representing thousands of their payers.

Ameno was there to discus the pros and cons of Skype chat vs a Skype call.

I could have not been there. But I cared. Ameno kindly gave her time, which we were greatful for. But I am not going to tiptoe around the fact that she deliberately delayed the chat and ignored our points.

I prefer straight talk.

MarkokraM wrote:

It looks like both sides went into that meeting expecting failure and then just blame other side. Only difference is that you can throw everything at ameno here while she will probably need to refrain from posting her exact thoughts because you'll get even more offended.
      We didn't go in expecting failure.

I was shocked at how Ameno kept trying to twist the conversation back to the Skype chat itself.