Alliance Leaders Meeting

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Alliance Leaders Meeting

As you may have seen, @Ameno has generously agreed to give up some of her time to meet with and discuss ideas with UK alliance leaders.

A Skype room has been set up and leaders added. Discussions in there are manic, positive and very creative. Massive enthusiasm so far at the opportunity to be able to put ideas forward and get some responses back. Please PM me if you feel that anyone has been missed from servers you have played recently, in particular from speed.

Current members
      Leo - GoT - currently playing UK3
      Andy (The Zombie) and Inky - AA - currently playing UK29
      Medusa and Dsv - MM - currently playing UK3
      Spencer - R4C - currently playing UK3
      SR - MFH - currently playing UK1
      Daegonthesnake - MFH/Carnage - currently playing UK1
      Troy - Betrayed - currently playing UK1
      Ledge and Elisa - TBC/TBA - last on UK5
      Alexhol - Null/MFH - last on UK3
      Virgo and WIM - TFSC - UK2
      The Godfather - SWM - UK2
      Yar - Atom - UK6
      Meme - RD - UK3
      Misschief - TE - UK5
      St George - =P= - UK1
      Gog - Pandemic - UK1
      Nick Angel - Nemris - UK2
      Pawsbox - TSL
      Lemon - UKx generally

Representatives missing from
      RVS - UK5
      Havoc - Cretin?
      UKx

Ideas for the agenda are being put together now. Please message your alliance leaders if you have any burning issues you would like them to represent for you.

The intention is to nominate 6 leaders to meet with a list of ideas and issues to bring forward. The contributors would like this agenda to be sent to TG well in advance of the meeting to allow TG time to formulate responses.

This thread will be regularly updated.

Stand out Award 2017 UK

The post was edited 4 times, last by Mercedes ().

• Added to the discussion

Amer - GoT
      Storm Striker - GoT
      Marmite - TFSC

illii - ukx
      bruceyv - ukx

Discussions continue to be active this morning. Deadline for all suggestions is Saturday with the proposed draft Agenda to be drawn up on Sunday. @Ameno all the contributors would like TG to have time to formulate responses before the meeting, would a week be enough time? They would also like to know when the meeting could be held so that we can use that as a basis to see who might be available to represent the group.

The main topic so far has been concerns regarding player numbers and retention and some very interesting ideas about how to improve this. I'm looking forward to being able to share some of these ideas when the proposed draft agenda is published on the forum on Sunday :)

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • Hi. I will monitor this thread. Yes, week is enough time for me to formulate answers. Please, be aware though that not all answers can be given due to privacy policy and / or signed NDA.

As for when the meeting is held, for me ideally it should be during the working day, not later than 6 pm UTC+1. Only if it's somehow absolutely impossible, I can consider other options.
    • Added to the conversation

Loki - GoTn - UK1
      Linus - Uk19/20
      Crunch - RD - uk3
      And - TFSC
      Amalgon - GTB - UKx
      Andi - GTB - ukx
      Inhuman - GTB - Ukx

Conversations this evening continue to be very lively with lots of ideas coming out. I don't think there has ever been a single room with all the main alliance leaders in, all talking at once and being very constructive. It has been an absolute joy to watch, and very productive. Please talk to your alliance leaders and ask them to feedback on ideas raised as well as giving them your ideas.

@Ameno, there have been a few comments about timings. Being UK, most people work between 8am and 5/6pm. Would there be any flexibility to have an hour at the weekend or at around 7pm UK time on a weekday night? We know we are eating in to your free time and really appreciate the opportunity to be able to present our thoughts and ideas and receive proper feedback on them.

Stand out Award 2017 UK

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mercedes ().

• Hi Ameno

Can you set a time and date either 7pm on a weekday or a Saturday morning and we will fit in with you, preferably for the week after next or next Saturday?

Discussions so far have mainly been about gameplay, with the obvious biggest concern being about player numbers. Some of the points raised and answered at Munich have also been brought up and there are some where we would like a bit more information. At the moment, the agenda looks like this but may change by tomorrow's deadline!

Agenda
      1Player numbers - what marketing is being planned to increase them
      2regular invitations to players to give suggestions on game improvements, and a commitment for devs to consider and comment on the most popular.
      3what data does trav have on when new players generally leave, like percentage who leave in the first x days, and/or any feedback or questionnaires or reasons they leave. Alliance leaders feel they could play more of a part in player retention if they had this information.
      4overhauled tutorial including a few raiding attacks against a player, to teach different options for dealing with it (cranny, defend, spend down), and more information emphasising alliances
      5fixed start dates for servers and fewer servers per domain. More notice given of server starts.
      6simple in-game chat or shoutbox, possible archive - when is this likely to be introduced?
      7leader tools (group messaging, confed messaging, logging def calls)
      8official videos / guides / how-to's for new players with links to a game overview video at the end of the tutorial
      9Translation option available on all servers
      10Merge the English speaking domains - UK/US/AU
      11When is the improved trade route being implemented
      12Croppers more concentrated in the centre of the map
      13Specific holidays for domains
      14Free starter pack - eg x3 NPC, x3 Instant build, x3 troop evasion to encourage more players to see the benefits of gold use
      15When is the next version due?
      16F&S - limit on troop numbers merged per day

If this works well, I wondered if it would be possible to do something similar in a couple of months but with players, alliance leaders perhaps selecting one experienced and one new player from their alliance to have the opportunity to discuss and get feedback on their experiences?

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • Idk if this is allowed to be discussed here? since no one else has posted here?

This will just kill solo accounts even more, as if things aren't already bad enough getting attacked in the middle of the night (like 4am) and waking up to lost and croplocked villages lol. This is good idea for player numbers overall though so its got me confused ;( personally I think that if you have a solo account (like only ever logged into from 1 device/IP) you should have like a 'night-time' option that stops attacks on you and attacks from you for a maximum time of like 8 hours to let you sleep. If you dual or whatever then system will instantly know different device/IP and stop you being able to use feature.

16F&S - limit on troop numbers merged per day

:D killing travian profits 8o not sure if they'll like this. I know on this server I am on atm (uk20) someone spent like £40 merging a hammer and then it got walled XD. Imo if there is a limit on numbers merged per day there should also be a limit on amount of troops forwarded per day.
      UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab.

Discord: Daniel#7855
    • chainsawdaz wrote:

This will just kill solo accounts even more, as if things aren't already bad enough getting attacked in the middle of the night (like 4am) and waking up to lost and croplocked villages lol.
      So what if a team of 50 people from another timezone comes? You'll ask MH for a night-time option?
      I currently play on .com, where you have people from all over the globe, tell me how would you fare against that.
      I thought attacking when enemy sleeps is considered a strategic move.

And did you ever think of this?
      When you sleep, they're awake.
      When they sleep, you're awake.

Besides, it's not hard to set an alarm and plan an OP to be launched at night anyway. Takes about a few minutes.

#rude
    • Mercedes wrote:

A suggestion is that for this to be discussed, invite or speak to a few of the top .us and .au players into that room. You have made this a .uk leader room and to discuss something that involves the other two main English speaking domains isn't exactly fair. Look at it from their viewpoints. And yes, players from those domains do play .uk but they are not leaders.

I am just looking at this from all viewpoints.

Forum User Guide
      Please contact in game Support for in game issues.
    • iRonik wrote:

chainsawdaz wrote:

This will just kill solo accounts even more, as if things aren't already bad enough getting attacked in the middle of the night (like 4am) and waking up to lost and croplocked villages lol.
      So what if a team of 50 people from another timezone comes? You'll ask MH for a night-time option?I currently play on .com, where you have people from all over the globe, tell me how would you fare against that.
      I thought attacking when enemy sleeps is considered a strategic move.

And did you ever think of this?
      When you sleep, they're awake.
      When they sleep, you're awake.

Besides, it's not hard to set an alarm and plan an OP to be launched at night anyway. Takes about a few minutes.
      I would fare bad, but I would never play COM for all those cheater reasons :) if another team from another timezone comes? I don't see the point? They wouldn't be able to attack you during your night hours and similar you wouldn't be able to attack them during theirs. Strategic yeah, also leveling villages to 0 pop, crop-locking etc is strategic but they both contribute to driving players away from the game and most new players will be solo, idk what alarms are XD never used one since school 8| :p

• chainsawdaz wrote:

if another team from another timezone comes? I don't see the point? They wouldn't be able to attack you during your night hours and similar you wouldn't be able to attack them during theirs.
      You don't want US/AU players on same domain because they could attack you at that time.

So what if a team of 50 AU/US come to your domain? Isn't it the same situation?

#rude
    • Yes it is the same situation just on a bigger scale, and it drives players away by making travian more hardcore and less casual. I don't see the point you are trying to make?

• Yeah it is the same situation that we have right now and imo it is a problem too, it's why I don't do solo and will only dual as you need that night time cover but new players won't/don't have that, and when like on the UK domain the majority of players are UK based there is also not enough sitter slots from people in appropriate time zones :(