Official Complaint From the Hammer Division... And some advice!

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Official Complaint From the Hammer Division... And some advice!

Dear Madams and Sirs:

I spent at least 35 minutes of my precious time on an op... AND MY TARGET DELETED. This appears to be a pattern with this server. I am a big fan of playing contested servers, and am tired of the lack of competition. I will personally offer advice to anyone on this server to improve their account just so I have a decent opponent.

Please, those of you in CN/TIPS/Gibby's Inner Sanctum Sekret Hidden Alliance: Stay on the server until we can launch on you. We have all of these troops and we can't target villages that have disappeared. :( I have a very mediocre account. Please do not let me show you up.

Please don't make Zenny sad! She's such an ugly crier. In order to not make me sad, here are some tips!

1. Build cap fields. You should be at 17s or 18s by now. If you aren't, catch up. Don't do anything but cap fields until you do. That's how account development works. You shouldn't be building troops in your cap. You should be building storage.
      2. After you got them tasty noms flowing out of the cap, build troops. 24/7 using helms. Level them all the way. Don't let the queue run dry.
      3. Communicate with each other and plan.
      3.5 Don't worry about spies-- you'll never get rid of them. Embrace every member you have and work with them to make them better. Do not fight with each other-- on the leadership level, on the membership level, and especially not between the two.
      4. Actually understand the game mechanics-- today I saw something about "saving" adventures for tier 2. This doesn't work. Rewards are determined when the adventures spawn, not when your hero lands. You're just wasting time. Read stuff, ask veteran players, use common sense.
      5. Have a defense plan in place before you get attacked.
      6. Don't waste money and then delete. You have time to recover, but it's running short. Get it together.

And a number seven addendum piece of advice: Take Gibby seriously. If she criticizes leadership, she means it. She sees leadership mistakes in neon. Even if she's not on your team, her opinion matters.

The post was edited 1 time, last by zenny ().

• Gibby wrote:

zenny wrote:

1. Build cap fields. You should be at 17s or 18s by now. If you aren't, catch up. Don't do anything but cap fields until you do.
      Simmers.
      Seconded. There's really no reason to go above 15 before arties. You can easily have a 15-20k hammer or anvil without going above 15.

Although I've heard Gibby and Zenny play the same way.

Simmers!

Kelsier wrote:

Brings premade team of Travian veterans to low population US server with no other premade teams spawning and full of new players, is obviously the top contenders, complains about lack of competition because there is none.
      This is about right. Even if it's true, this complaint is a backhanded insult to those of us who did not come in with such a massive preformed set of veterans but are doing the best we can with the hands we've been dealt. I don't think they mean to be putting us down with that complaint, but it's the effect.

Not tryin' to grab any kind of moral high ground, just puttin' it out there that that's how I feel about it.

odinloki_us wrote:

Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?
    • The Burninator wrote:

Seconded. There's really no reason to go above 15 before arties. You can easily have a 15-20k hammer or anvil without going above 15.

Although I've heard Gibby and Zenny play the same way.

Simmers!
      Non-gold? If not, and you only get 20k troops and no higher than 15s before arties, then you might want to take some notes from the simmers :whistling:

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • Kelsier wrote:

Brings premade team of Travian veterans to low population US server with no other premade teams spawning and full of new players, is obviously the top contenders, complains about lack of competition because there is none.

mmmmm Jealously. I like it.
      Bully me and I'll blow up your cap
    • Jealous that you worked tirelessly to put together a group to come to us4? Jealous that you wasted your groups time so far on the server? Jealous that this is all you have to hold on to? Jealous that you want so desperately to "win the internet"? Good luck on your adventures you titans of Travian! You finally did it!

Too many servers played.
      Most recently: :teu01: Blank [TBN] - us3r9
      Currently playing: :teu03: Lacutus [CNIPS] - us3r10
    • Kelsier wrote:

Jealous that you worked tirelessly to put together a group to come to us4? Jealous that you wasted your groups time so far on the server? Jealous that this is all you have to hold on to? Jealous that you want so desperately to "win the internet"? Good luck on your adventures you titans of Travian! You finally did it!

Mmmmm. More Jealously that I didnt ask you play. Sad. Pathetic. Maybe next time :thumbup:
    • wishmaster3 wrote:

Non-gold? If not, and you only get 20k troops and no higher than 15s before arties, then you might want to take some notes from the simmers :whistling:
      Idk about non-gold. But also if you're non-gold you're going to have trouble NPC'ing / insta-ing your fields to level 17 before arties anyway, since both of those functions cost gold.

And anyway, I freely admit and loudly proclaim my badness at this game. Look at all the other threads. My most common statement is "I'm bad" :p. I'm sure I have a lot to learn, both from the simmers and from non-simmers alike.

I will say, though, it's a lot easier to free sim to level 17 wheat fields without building any troops in your preformed prepopulated quad than it was for people in Kelsier's quad where they were actually attacking one another early. Hard to sim to 17 without building anything else if people are throwing troops around already.

And again, I'm not going after the moral high ground on that one, just pointing out that it's posts like these ("you might want to take some notes from...") ("why are you all so bad/bored/deleting...?") that come across as backhanded insults. (Alright, true, mine was a backhanded insult against Gibby and Zenny, but I <3 both Gibby and Zenny and they know it, so I think they're ok. I'll apologize if I'm wrong. On the other hand, I don't know you.)

odinloki_us wrote:

Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?
    • The Burninator wrote:

And again, I'm not going after the moral high ground on that one, just pointing out that it's posts like these ("you might want to take some notes from...") ("why are you all so bad/bored/deleting...?") that come across as backhanded insults. (Alright, true, mine was a backhanded insult against Gibby and Zenny, but I both Gibby and Zenny and they know it, so I think they're ok. I'll apologize if I'm wrong. On the other hand, I don't know you.)
      It was tongue-in-cheek. Thought the smiley would give it away ;)

However though:

The Burninator wrote:

Idk about non-gold. But also if you're non-gold you're going to have trouble NPC'ing / insta-ing your fields to level 17 before arties anyway, since both of those functions cost gold.
      Hence why I asked if you meant non-gold, because then it would be decent with 15s and 20k troops.

The Burninator wrote:

I will say, though, it's a lot easier to free sim to level 17 wheat fields without building any troops in your preformed prepopulated quad than it was for people in Kelsier's quad where they were actually attacking one another early. Hard to sim to 17 without building anything else if people are throwing troops around already.
      You can do 17s and still build troops easily, and of course even more so with 16s. Of course it depends on if you get the fields catad (if you do, your team should do a CFR for you), but still. The cap can basically pay for it's own development, and then you can have the other supports + raiding supporting your hammer building. I think a lot of new players tend to undervalue their resource production. Of course as you say, you might have to sacrifice some if you're fighting early, but typically a spawn hammer is fine for that for the first many days. The quicker you get your cropfields up, the earlier you can start the real troop spamming.

Animis opibusque parati

com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • To be fair when I first talked to Del before Us3, he had all of 10 people who wanted to play with him wherever he was headed. He never tried to make it bigger, it just grew on its own. People like him and those who wanted to go play with him. Friends of friends and all that. So it was hardly intended to be this dominating force, in fact if that was the case they would have gone to a server that would have actually put up a fight. Del and a few others came here to relax, others joined in.

Now they happen to be the best and brightest on the server, not their fault just the way the cards fell. (though not unexpected given the lack of competition on 90% of servers these days)
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

Carni wrote:

God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play
    • wishmaster3 wrote:

That's certainly one way to play. On my account though, we have the happiest troops on the server! My villages are filled with only crannies to give a forest-like city environment that melds with the natural landscape. Resource fields are limited to level 7 to prevent over-harvesting and to protect the indigenous fauna.

All these people trying to max their accounts are missing out on the true joys of life.
    • Delusion wrote:

Mmmmm. More Jealously that I didnt ask you play. Sad. Pathetic. Maybe next time
      Your trolling is still weak and lacks leadership..

Kelsier wrote:

I make big puns on da young ones leaving dey lungs numb.
      ^^ This is how you troll and giggle when doing it..

BlackBlade wrote:

in fact if that was the case they would have gone to a server that would have actually put up a fight.
      You mean like the one they all just got crushed on..?

BlackBlade wrote:

Del and a few others came here to relax, others joined in.
      If by "relax" you mean "lick their wounds", then yeah.. I don't blame them all for coming here actually, I mean they needed a cake walk to boost their morale after having their collective arse's handed to them the last server they played..

Armour wrote:

My villages are filled with only crannies to give a forest-like city environment
      Tree hugger..!! I knew it..!!
      lol
      s1 : Storeythor travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • odinloki_US wrote:

BlackBlade wrote:

Del and a few others came here to relax, others joined in.
      If by "relax" you mean "lick their wounds", then yeah.. I don't blame them all for coming here actually, I mean they needed a cake walk to boost their morale after having their collective arse's handed to them the last server they played..
      There are members from all 4 quads of s1 playing along side me here.

So perhaps your trolling is actually the one that lacks leadership and is weak?
    • Hi, too lazy to quote, sry. Couple of things:

I was told there would probably be another pre-formed team. I was sad when it didn't happen. The pre-form we have isn't this huge dominating force like you're making it out to be either. We have a lot of newer folks, non-gold users, etc. Many more new players compared to veterans than would desirable on a competitive server. I knew this server wasn't going to be A Big Deal (tm) but I do think that there are a lot of high quality players on this server that could pose a threat to us, and I really hope they don't let their weak leadership (I'm looking at TIPS/CN specifically when I say this) drag them into obscurity. Along with that, I really didn't mean it as a backhanded insult. I'm a pretty sincere person.
      Second thing. Gibby and I don't play alike. Jarwa and I play alike. Anyone who has played with gibby and I can attest to this. Once we argued for a week about how she raids. (The wrong way. Sorry honey, I still love you.)
      Burn, I used to believe in "no reason to go above 15 before arti's". I swear I've said that sentence to people before, and it might have even been true at the time. But unless you're taking heavy fire early game, it really does make sense to just go straight to 17s/18s. Try it next round, you might like it! :)