Rasputin's Guide for efficiently building a village

    By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      Well ... Most of this has been done on speed servers. I have played a few snails but I've never grown as big as I did on speed. So I might be biased. I'll edit the OP and make sure I say this is specific for speed.

      I would imagine this is hard for snail players. Yeah.. Now that i think about it lol
      There's been people with 30+ villages on all the regular servers I've played on since coming out of retirement 4 years ago. I've had 30+, without too much of a focus on it. Of course it's not 100 of players with that amount, but still... ;)

      Anyway, I agree with the criticism leveled against the guide - namely that the resource cost for much of what you advocate is simply not worth it. However, I'll still commend you for posting the guide ;) Hopefully some new players will realize that CP production is important (without following the guide 100%).


      Animis opibusque parati

      com8 (F&S beta) and now back to retirement...
    • wishmaster3 wrote:

      Eric Rasputin wrote:

      Well ... Most of this has been done on speed servers. I have played a few snails but I've never grown as big as I did on speed. So I might be biased. I'll edit the OP and make sure I say this is specific for speed.

      I would imagine this is hard for snail players. Yeah.. Now that i think about it lol
      There's been people with 30+ villages on all the regular servers I've played on since coming out of retirement 4 years ago. I've had 30+, without too much of a focus on it. Of course it's not 100 of players with that amount, but still... ;)
      Anyway, I agree with the criticism leveled against the guide - namely that the resource cost for much of what you advocate is simply not worth it. However, I'll still commend you for posting the guide ;) Hopefully some new players will realize that CP production is important (without following the guide 100%).
      I completely agree. I never said to follow this 100% to reach your goal. Maybe I should update it a little better so people don't misunderstand it. Will do it sometime tomorrow.
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      Maybe I should update it a little better so people don't misunderstand it.
      I'm still intressted how you manage to only get 30 villages when building this much CP?
      You must either stop middle thru the server or just don't settle after 30 villages and in that case your CP building is completly useless.
      TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
      TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
      TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
      TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
      TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
      SE3 2017 - Krokodil
      Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    • Loffe wrote:

      Eric Rasputin wrote:

      Maybe I should update it a little better so people don't misunderstand it.
      I'm still intressted how you manage to only get 30 villages when building this much CP?You must either stop middle thru the server or just don't settle after 30 villages and in that case your CP building is completly useless.
      Sometimes I'm just too lazy to build more even though I can. You don't need to put much effort to win rounds nowadays. Back in the days of T3.6 you really had to work hard to survive let alone prosper. The game is too easy now.

      I usually join servers with pre made teams. I'm not looking for glory. As long as my team wins I don't care if I have just 5 villages. The guide is just an efficient way for people looking to build a lot of villages. Just because I made the guide doesn't mean I have to follow it every damn time :)
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      Sometimes I'm just too lazy to build more even though I can. You don't need to put much effort to win rounds nowadays. Back in the days of T3.6 you really had to work hard to survive let alone prosper. The game is too easy now.

      I usually join servers with pre made teams. I'm not looking for glory. As long as my team wins I don't care if I have just 5 villages. The guide is just an efficient way for people looking to build a lot of villages. Just because I made the guide doesn't mean I have to follow it every damn time
      I don't understand why you write a guide and telling people you are using it to get 30+ villages when it's clearly not the case, if you would have followed this guide you would without any problems get atleast 50 villages on a x3.
      But whatever 10/10 guide
      TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
      TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
      TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
      TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
      TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
      SE3 2017 - Krokodil
      Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    • Loffe wrote:

      Eric Rasputin wrote:

      Sometimes I'm just too lazy to build more even though I can. You don't need to put much effort to win rounds nowadays. Back in the days of T3.6 you really had to work hard to survive let alone prosper. The game is too easy now.

      I usually join servers with pre made teams. I'm not looking for glory. As long as my team wins I don't care if I have just 5 villages. The guide is just an efficient way for people looking to build a lot of villages. Just because I made the guide doesn't mean I have to follow it every damn time
      I don't understand why you write a guide and telling people you are using it to get 30+ villages when it's clearly not the case, if you would have followed this guide you would without any problems get atleast 50 villages on a x3.But whatever 10/10 guide
      I am not using this guide to get 30+ villages. I wrote this guide to let other people get 40 or 50+ vills. Like I said, I nor my duals have the time or money to maintain a 50 vill account. We are satisfied with our lot.

      Plus this is a guide. It's only a suggestion. If you think this is a bad guide then don't follow it. Simple as that.
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • JHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ Loffe are you still harping on?

      If you have that much problem with the guide then do your own one!

      Like ELE said, it's good for new players as it gives them an idea of how to grow. Sure some parts of it are excessive (think i was the first to point that out) but it's a GUIDE, not a SET OF RULES!

      Bloody com players!
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

      JHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ Loffe are you still harping on?

      If you have that much problem with the guide then do your own one!

      Like ELE said, it's good for new players as it gives them an idea of how to grow. Sure some parts of it are excessive (think i was the first to point that out) but it's a GUIDE, not a SET OF RULES!

      Bloody com players!
      Don't see how this "guide" can be good for new players if they want to have proper account :)))))

      About "bloody com players" the only com server i've played is finals but sure im a com player!
      TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
      TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
      TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
      TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
      TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
      SE3 2017 - Krokodil
      Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    • We all get you don't like this guide. Now move on with your petty complaints and let people do what they want.
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • ELE wrote:

      notorious crunchie wrote:

      Bloody com players!
      Did you just call me? What's up?
      Eric, it's need a lot of rewording at the very least :)
      Working on it :)
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • Happy wrote:

      Loffe just likes to argue with everyone about everything.
      People don't answer me on SE forums anymore so have to flee to other forums =(
      Not easy to be me.
      TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
      TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
      TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
      TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
      TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
      SE3 2017 - Krokodil
      Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      ELE wrote:

      Actually this is not how I understand meaning of "anvil" in travian. It is a defensive army from one village or defensive account (not an army). Walling is done by several accounts in most cases.
      An anvil is a defensive account that pumps deff from several villages helping it ally in walling, sniping and during deff calls.
      An account can be called a full fledged anvil after it has over 500k + defensive troops.
      I disagree about an anvil from several villages, and agree with Ele. An anvil is the defensive equivalent of a hammer, so it is from one village. You can have multiple anvils, just as you can have multiple hammers, but one anvil is not from multiple villages any more than a hammer can be from multiple villages