Rasputin's Guide on How to play a Fire&Sand server

• Rasputin's Guide on How to play a Fire&Sand server

Good day ladies and gents,

The Fire&Sand server is a new addition that was released by Travian in 2017 as an annual special server. Fire&Sand is completely different from the Legends that most of us are used to. I have played on Fire&Sand and I absolutely love it! But, I have seen good alliances with so much potential crumble because the leadership does not know how to play on this server since it's vastly different from Legends.

In F&S there are no World Wonders. There are regions that you have to conquer by either settling or chiefing in them. Each region has a set amount of victory point that your alliance will gain when your alliance has over 50% control of that region and each region holds the power of an artifact that can be used by your alliance once you have 50% or more control over the region. The objective is to conquer regions from your enemies and gain the most victory points by the end of the server. A normal server (1x) is 200 days and a speed server (3x) is 100 days. The alliance with the highest amount of VP at the end wins.

Artifact Elaboration:

chainsawdaz wrote:

In F&S when you are in an alliance who has the majority (over 50% of a region which is unlocked) you get the ability to use that regions artifact in the Treasury. Artifacts only last 12 hours and you get 1 free activation per day that resets at 12 noon server time. To use more artifacts it costs 5 gold for a small one and 10 gold for a large one and you can only use one large account wide artifact at any one time. Like WW servers, large artifacts require a level 20 treasury to activate.

A popular tactic that is often employed by alliances is that you can use the confusion artifact to randomize any attackers catapult targets thus making it harder for them to hit the residence/command center and chief your village, but it doesn't make it impossible! Still a 1 in 39 chance of hitting it. So it's very useful for denying attackers to chief your village, forcing them catapult a lovely village to chief or settle in the region and start from scratch.

The VP distribution for a speed server (3x) is like this:

Small Artifact Region : 150 VP
      Large Artifact Region : 90 VP
      Unique Artifact Region: 30 VP

The fools artifact does not have it's power in this server. All the small fools artifact region are 300 VP and the Unique fool is 600 VP. You only get victory points for these regions. You do not get their power or any power as a matter of fact.

The VP distribution for a normal server (1x) is like this:

Small Artifact Region : 50 VP
      Large Artifact Region : 30 VP
      Unique Artifact Region : 10 VP

The fools artifact does not have it's power in this server. All the small fools artifact region are 100 VP and the Unique fool is 200 VP. You only get victory points for these regions. You do not get their power or any power as a matter of fact.

Now, I'll point out the mistakes I've seen players/alliances make.

• Settling:
      In a Legends setting, it is a race to see who can get the 15c cropper in their near vicinity. That is not how F&S works. You need to have patience. There will be times when you go weeks without a capital/cropper. Let me explain why.

Every region in F&S is not free to settle in. Many of those regions are locked. Regions are unlocked when a region next to them is unlocked. I see that you are confused.

For example: In the beginning, there are 5 regions for you to settle in. Each regions needs 4000 population to unlock and once that is done all the bordering regions will also unlock.

For example if you settle in the Ukraine region, then you and everyone else in that region will need to bring its population to 4000 for Ukraine to unlock which subsequently unlocks Moldova, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Belarus and Russia because all these countries share a border with Ukraine. And then you can settle or chief in the newly unlocked regions. You keep following this method till you unlock every region there is.

Now that that is out of the way. Lets continue. As a leader, you have to select which member goes to which region so that they can build a hammer or anvil over there and keep intruders out. So sometimes, some members won't be able to get a cropper capital until a few weeks go by. Which is why you need patience and need to believe in your team. If you need to contest a highly valuable region that your enemy is settling in, then it is a team effort to either destroy or chief your enemies villages or you sim harder than them.

Your alliance leadership needs to have a long term vision on what he wants his alliance to be. He should be able to formulate a plan on which member goes where and which region would be most beneficial to your alliance and which region should you never let your enemy take.

2. Checkpoints

One of the best features in F&S is the troop forward feature. When you send reinforcements to your friends village, that friend can forward your reinforcements to wherever he wants. You don't have to pull back your reinforcements and send them again to a new target. Another lovely feature people don't take advantage of.

By checkpoints, I mean that every region should have one defense hub where defense can be stored for walls, snipes and the like pertaining to that region. The leader should give that role to someone who is fairly active and has active sitters. Now, this is how I would do it.

The above mentioned method does not have to be followed. The players in that region could just make their own deff and reinforce when necessary. In my method, I take into consideration the human factor. If your enemy figures out your online times then you cannot trust everyone to send deff in time. So, create mini deff hubs in an around a region so that your alliance members are covered.

3. Merge Feature & Troop movement boost

This is only recommended for players who use gold. The merge feature is another unique part of F&S where you can merge your troops from different villages into one village using gold. If you are a golder, this is one feature that you just have to take advantage of. I see so many players who don't take advantage of this. Of course, it is a bit expensive and if you can't afford it then you don't need to. But if you can, then you definitely should. There is an alternative where you can merge with resources. It costs 2x times the cost of troops. So get that warehouse and granary up.

The Tournament Square bonus is doubled so your troops can move a lot faster than you think. With a small boots artifact on, I can reach a village 136 fields away in just 3 hours. Yeah it's pretty crazy. So, don't be afraid to conduct cross region ops

----------------------------------------

So, this is how you play the F&S server. Map domination is the way to go. Other than the things mentioned above, there really isn't much difference from Legends. The settling section is the most important part. I hope this has been helpful and please do reply if there is anything wrong or if you have any suggestions.

Good day and Good bye.

Eric Rasputin
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Eric Rasputin: Added Artifact Elaboration ().

• You can merge troops with Resources too! It just costs 2x what the troop costs to produce in the first place (so basically 3x cost in total which is the same cost as training from great barracks or stable). Also be aware that when forwarding troops they consume crop from the village they are being forwarded from and not the village they were built in like normal reinforcements would, be aware of this when landing a massive anvil (-400k) with only a 80k granary for example and forwarding to a village an hour away lol.
      UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab.

Discord: Daniel#7855
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

I'm not building a lvl 20 TC in every village!
      LMAO .. Staph it lol

chainsawdaz wrote:

You can merge troops with Resources too! It just costs 2x what the troop costs to produce in the first place (so basically 3x cost in total which is the same cost as training from great barracks or stable). Also be aware that when forwarding troops they consume crop from the village they are being forwarded from and not the village they were built in like normal reinforcements would, be aware of this when landing a massive anvil (-400k) with only a 80k granary for example and forwarding to a village an hour away lol.

Done. Thanks for the reminder. :)
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

• Also need to add a couple things about artefacts as they don't work exactly like normal artefacts on a WW server.

In F&S when you are in an alliance who has the majority (over 50% of a region which is unlocked) you get the ability to use that regions artefact in the Treasury. Artefacts only last 12 hours and you get 1 free activation per day that resets at 12 noon server time. To use more artefacts it costs 5 gold for a small one and 10 gold for a large one and you can only use one large account wide artefact at any one time. Like WW servers, large artefacts require a level 20 treasury to activate.

This is imo really basic stuff but we had so many questions from people about how to use artefacts, which ones to use and when etc so I think that it needs to be made a bit more obvious for people. For example, you can use the confusion artefact to randomise any attackers catapult targets thus making it harder for them to hit the residence/command centre and chief your village, but it doesn't make it impossible! Still a 1 in 39 chance of hitting it.

I feel like we need a huge F&S guide and I'm so glad this thread has been started as this can be the massive guide :)
      UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab.

Discord: Daniel#7855
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

The Fire&Sand server is a new addition that was released by Travian in 2017 as an annual special server. Fire&Sand is completely different from the Legends that most of us are used to. I have played on Fire&Sand and I absolutely love it! But, I have seen good alliances with so much potential crumble because the leadership does not know how to play on this server since it's vastly different from Legends.

In F&S there are no World Wonders. There are regions that you have to conquer by either settling or chiefing in them. Each region has a set amount of victory point that your alliance will gain when your alliance has over 50% control of that region and each region holds the power of an artifact that can be used by your alliance once you have 50% or more control over the region. The objective is to conquer regions from your enemies and gain the most victory points by the end of the server. A normal server (1x) is 200 days and a speed server (3x) is 100 days. The alliance with the highest amount of VP at the end wins.

The fools artifact does not have it's power in this server. All the small fools artifact region are 300 VP and the Unique fool is 600 VP. You only get victory points for these regions. You do not get their power or any power as a matter of fact.

The fools artifact does not have it's power in this server. All the small fools artifact region are 100 VP and the Unique fool is 200 VP. You only get victory points for these regions. You do not get their power or any power as a matter of fact.

• Settling:
      In a Legends setting, it is a race to see who can get the 15c cropper in their near vicinity. That is not how F&S works. You need to have patience. There will be times when you go weeks without a capital/cropper. Let me explain why.

Every region in F&S is not free to settle in. Many of those regions are locked. Regions are unlocked when a region next to them is unlocked. I see that you are confused.

For example: In the beginning, there are 5 regions for you to settle in. Each regions needs 4000 population to unlock and once that is done all the bordering regions will also unlock.

For example if you settle in the Ukraine region, then you and everyone else in that region will need to bring its population to 4000 for Ukraine to unlock which subsequently unlocks Moldova, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Belarus and Russia because all these countries share a border with Ukraine. And then you can settle or chief in the newly unlocked regions. You keep following this method till you unlock every region there is.

Now that that is out of the way. Lets continue. As a leader, you have to select which member goes to which region so that they can build a hammer or anvil over there and keep intruders out. So sometimes, some members won't be able to get a cropper capital until a few weeks go by. Which is why you need patience and need to believe in your team. If you need to contest a highly valuable region that your enemy is settling in, then it is a team effort to either destroy or chief your enemies villages or you sim harder than them.

Your alliance leadership needs to have a long term vision on what he wants his alliance to be. He should be able to formulate a plan on which member goes where and which region would be most beneficial to your alliance and which region should you never let your enemy take.

2. Checkpoints

One of the best features in F&S is the troop forward feature. When you send reinforcements to your friends village, that friend can forward your reinforcements to wherever he wants. You don't have to pull back your reinforcements and send them again to a new target. Another lovely feature people don't take advantage of.

By checkpoints, I mean that every region should have one defense hub where defense can be stored for walls, snipes and the like pertaining to that region. The leader should give that role to someone who is fairly active and has active sitters. Now, this is how I would do it.

The above mentioned method does not have to be followed. The players in that region could just make their own deff and reinforce when necessary. In my method, I take into consideration the human factor. If your enemy figures out your online times then you cannot trust everyone to send deff in time. So, create mini deff hubs in an around a region so that your alliance members are covered.

This is only recommended for players who use gold. The merge feature is another unique part of F&S where you can merge your troops from different villages into one village using gold. If you are a golder, this is one feature that you just have to take advantage of. I see so many players who don't take advantage of this. Of course, it is a bit expensive and if you can't afford it then you don't need to. But if you can, then you definitely should. There is an alternative where you can merge with resources. It costs 2x times the cost of troops. So get that warehouse and granary up.

The Tournament Square bonus is doubled so your troops can move a lot faster than you think. With a small boots artifact on, I can reach a village 136 fields away in just 3 hours. Yeah it's pretty crazy. So, don't be afraid to conduct cross region ops

So, this is how you play the F&S server. Map domination is the way to go. Other than the things mentioned above, there really isn't much difference from Legends. The settling section is the most important part. I hope this has been helpful and please do reply if there is anything wrong or if you have any suggestions.

Good day and Good bye.

Eric Rasputin
      Nice writing Eric, appreciate for your hardwork. :thumbsup:
      But it could be better if you use F&S map instead of European map simulation :D . I have them both Artefact and unlocking region map.
      With love,

<3 <3
    • Charle wrote:

Eric Rasputin wrote:

• Settling:

2. Checkpoints

Good day and Good bye.

Eric Rasputin
      Nice writing Eric, appreciate for your hardwork. :thumbsup: But it could be better if you use F&S map instead of European map simulation :D . I have them both Artefact and unlocking region map.
      Why would you quote the whole guide?!?!?
    • chainsawdaz wrote:

Also need to add a couple things about artefacts as they don't work exactly like normal artefacts on a WW server.

In F&S when you are in an alliance who has the majority (over 50% of a region which is unlocked) you get the ability to use that regions artefact in the Treasury. Artefacts only last 12 hours and you get 1 free activation per day that resets at 12 noon server time. To use more artefacts it costs 5 gold for a small one and 10 gold for a large one and you can only use one large account wide artefact at any one time. Like WW servers, large artefacts require a level 20 treasury to activate.

This is imo really basic stuff but we had so many questions from people about how to use artefacts, which ones to use and when etc so I think that it needs to be made a bit more obvious for people. For example, you can use the confusion artefact to randomise any attackers catapult targets thus making it harder for them to hit the residence/command centre and chief your village, but it doesn't make it impossible! Still a 1 in 39 chance of hitting it.

I feel like we need a huge F&S guide and I'm so glad this thread has been started as this can be the massive guide :)
      I hope you don't mind if I quote you ... Thanks for the addition and for the help :) I'll change the OP soon.

• notorious crunchie wrote:

Charle wrote:

Eric Rasputin wrote:

• Settling:

2. Checkpoints

Good day and Good bye.

Eric Rasputin
      Nice writing Eric, appreciate for your hardwork. :thumbsup: But it could be better if you use F&S map instead of European map simulation :D . I have them both Artefact and unlocking region map.
      Why would you quote the whole guide?!?!?
      why not