Gold Buyer's guide to a Mid-Game Hammer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Lord Aslan wrote:

Medusa I have been using my strategy upto lvl 14 fields for two years now, I have never been a farm.

But that will be down to you being excessively active for the first few days until you have your 2nd village.

Reputation (having the right name, the high raiding score, the high attack score) and taking out your competition early on mean that you are not a farm later on.

There simply is no substitute for excessive activity in the early stages.
    • A great guide LA.

The only flaw is player Intervention. I know on paper it is very doable, and numbers done lie. But we both know that although you do it on other servers you don't only log in twice a day. If that was the case with all those kills and res building up you'd be gettin plundered all day long
    • Lord Aslan wrote:

This list requires initiative.

What this means is that if you feel you alone can't look after your account you get a dual and that if your 15c is in an area where you would get farmed then you use your already existing army from your first village to eliminate those farms thus using you initiative.
    • Lord Aslan wrote:

Not before mid-game you didnt ;)

Why couldn't he? It's not an impossibility you know :)

What simming almost never incorporates is raiding.. If one can build troops and still maintain the "net simming production" through raiding to offset the building of those troops (this assumes you're in a good raiding location), it's very easy to get more numbers and start pumping troops much earlier.. Your troop build starts on the 103rd day of the server and this assumes a lot of things.. It assumes you've been left alone, it assumes you've upgraded everything correctly and at the right time, and it assumes you've set your alarm clock on many an occasion in the wee hours of the night.. This is hardly something anyone without much time for the game would be willing to do..

Lord Aslan wrote:

Medusa I have been using my strategy upto lvl 14 fields for two years now, I have never been a farm.

Don't make it sound so easy there LA ;) You tend to find a way to get someone to protect you (an alliance perhaps) if you run into trouble.. You promise them a hammer later in return for their support.. This is all part of the game and I have nothing against it..

However, from my experience with you last server, as soon as that defense was gone, you became a very juicy farm.. Sure you deleted to stop yourself from being a farm but you were still a farm for the time period..

So while you can claim you have never been a farm because it wasn't for long, I think it's a little bit untrue.. Last uk2 server is completely within the time frame of the last 2 years :)

shenanigans wrote:

The only flaw is player Intervention. I know on paper it is very doable, and numbers done lie. But we both know that although you do it on other servers you don't only log in twice a day. If that was the case with all those kills and res building up you'd be gettin plundered all day long

Agreed!

---

Those of you in this thread laughing at people who are apparently "noobs" because they have a life and can't log in for 3+ hours a day need to check yourselves.. It's a game.. Life is infinitely more important to some people and just because you value yours less and waste more of it on a virtual Travian server doesn't make you special :P
    • Dominic1905 wrote:

Having multiple duals would easily enable this.

Ahhh, so you could have written the guide as this then:

How to build a large hammer with very little activity

1) Get multiple duals

See how much easier that was :P

As a serious point, I think the guide is very good, but suggesting duals to cover for the initial period is a major change isnt it ? what are they going to do when you no longer need them ?
    • ill say its a nice guide

but i wouldnt follow it or think its useful and the end result is entirely possible without the huge amount of gold spent, if your a good player (yes i said good player not good players, ban dualing ;p and you dont have to play 24/7 either..)
    • Fizzy wrote:

As a serious point, I think the guide is very good, but suggesting duals to cover for the initial period is a major change isnt it ? what are they going to do when you no longer need them ?

I was merely suggesting a way for people who have little inactivity not as an addition to the guide, I doupt that an active player would need many duals.
    • Don't think anyone's noticed, or if I've missed something, but your numbers are ever so slightly off :)

Building maces in a GB level 10 and barracks level 20 = 958 a day.

958*47 = 45026

TKs in a GS level 10 and stables level 20 =233 a day

233 * 47 = 10951

And catapults...level 20 WS

71 * 47 = 3337

Only a minor detail, and with a few days extra you'd get your numbers :) But catapults are a very under exaggerated, unless you mean to not have them constantly building ?
    • Lord Aslan wrote:

So lets compare which is the better strategy for a raider:

15 days to found v2.

Is this how much the new rally point has affected gameplay? V2 for a top raider used to take 4-5 days max on a normal server if you threw 3 parties...that may affect this comparison?
      UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
      #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
      Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this
    • Cretin wrote:

Is this how much the new rally point has affected gameplay? V2 for a top raider used to take 4-5 days max on a normal server if you threw 3 parties...that may affect this comparison?

Lmao :L :L Aslan is probably the best starter to the server out of anyone. Well maybe not top. But very close to it. 4-5 days is impossible. For starters with 1 day BP and 3 days partys and 2 day building time. Thats 6 days already. Please don't lie on the forum :)

Edit :

These are the times (All level 10 MB except MB)

Residence to 10 - 12:45:30
      Main Building to 10 - 17:01:30 (Will be less - these times with level 1 MB)
      Barracks to 3 - 1:35:20
      Academy to 10 - 12:45:30
      Town Hall to 1 - 2:29:50
      3x settlers - Around 18 hours

Conclusion

total build time = 64:37:40 = 2 days, 16 hours, 37 minutes and 40 seconds.

Add to this 3 partys (at least) and you have 5 days, 16 hours, 37 minutes and 40 seconds

And one day BP as you can build very little without raiding here.

6 days, 16 hours, 37 minutes and 40 seconds.

And this isn't including warehouse and granarys which'll add another 12 hours.

Ok, now you CAN insta build. Still 18 hours for settlers and 12:45:30 for residence, and 3 days for partys, and 1 day BP. Which is 5 days 6 hours ish.

Blatant lies.
    • Apologies, I should have made that clear. Not from server start, but from when you register. Most good players register on day 3 anyway and therefore you can begin raiding on day 1. The sim strategy would not work if you register on day 1, as you would be in the central 'slaughter zone' too...

I have co-led with LA before - I know who he is...

And, sorry I was reading the wrong column. It should be around 8-10 days from registration, though none of these were top 10 raiders in week 1 from memory.

14 May Registered player (Nightfall) with villages:
      22 May Player (Nightfall) [Ragnarök] based village [CAP] Valhalla (rank 5 raider week 11)

14 May Registered player (Atlantic) with villages:
      23 May Player (Atlantic) based village [2] Crop (possibly top raider week 1)

13 May Registered player (Colt Seavers) with villages:
      23 May Player (Colt Seavers) [G•] based village [o1]The Human Torch (rank 7 raider week 2)

Certainly not day 15 - under 3.5 anyway...

Cheeky Edit: 13 May Registered player (Lord Aslan) with villages: <--day 2/3 as you can see
      16 Jun Player (Lord Aslan) [Lo®ds] based village 1 (34 days)
      1 Jul Village ☠ player (Lord Aslan) destroyed
      5 Jul Player (Lord Aslan) [®] removed together with all villages
      UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
      #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
      Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

The post was edited 5 times, last by Cretin: Adding more data ().