Gold Buyer's guide to a Mid-Game Hammer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cretin wrote:

Apologies, I should have made that clear. Not from server start, but from when you register. Most good players register on day 3 anyway and therefore you can begin raiding on day 1. The sim strategy would not work if you register on day 1, as you would be in the central 'slaughter zone' too...

I have co-led with LA before - I know who he is...

And, sorry I was reading the wrong column. It should be around 8-10 days from registration, though none of these were top 10 raiders in week 1 from memory.

14 May Registered player (Nightfall) with villages:
      22 May Player (Nightfall) [Ragnarök] based village [CAP] Valhalla (rank 5 raider week 11)

14 May Registered player (Atlantic) with villages:
      23 May Player (Atlantic) based village [2] Crop (possibly top raider week 1)

13 May Registered player (Colt Seavers) with villages:
      23 May Player (Colt Seavers) [G•] based village [o1]The Human Torch (rank 7 raider week 2)

Certainly not day 15 - under 3.5 anyway...
      [/I]

Not 15 days. Ok I bring your attention to you saying 8-10 day from registration. So your saying 11-13 days from server start. Now some people have a harder time, or perhaps Aslan says 15 for a round number. It's 2 days ahead of what you said, and it's irrelevant as the guide is based on you having it by 15 days. If you have it before 15, well thats a bonus. I'm currently following this guide on s3 and WELL ahead of schedule. (Level 10s after 2 weeks)
    • JACKS HERE wrote:

Not 15 days. Ok I bring your attention to you saying 8-10 day from registration. So your saying 11-13 days from server start. Now some people have a harder time, or perhaps Aslan says 15 for a round number. It's 2 days ahead of what you said, and it's irrelevant as the guide is based on you having it by 15 days. If you have it before 15, well thats a bonus. I'm currently following this guide on s3 and WELL ahead of schedule. (Level 10s after 2 weeks)

Sure, for average people who do not want to put so much time into a server then this looks like a good strategy. But I would not compare it with a top raider. I would also watch out for its dependence on gold. 1200 gold /month is a lot. I may be wrong in my estimate, but as a rank 10 player, with a lot more troops than this when we hit mid-game artifacts, I do not think we use 2/3 of this.

For pure simming it is a good number of troops...will be hard to store and maintain production as the guide says...and you will need a good alliance to provide defence for your artifact once you take it as this is a very selfish build. You would definitely be expected to take/clear a unique with this army and then go and clear some small artifacts imo.

If you do not sim the towns up as fast as advised then it will take its toll. Chiefing towns will be a huge gold saver here...

In the mid-game the raiders and the gold-simmers come equal, as raiding losses and sim-hammer kind of equal out, depending on how clever the raider was...

I'd say this guide is good for players who are at 6-8 skill level, high gold user, with chiefing lessening the gold burden, as mentioned above. Players at 9-10 may find this useful for playing defence if they want to sim at the start and go for a capital further out. The 15 day settling is going to mean you simply cannot get a close capital (within 75/75, maybe 100/100), unless you are lucky - talking >100% here. I would honestly suggest this for gauls/roman mixed players/defenders more than the offensive teuton - the most fun thing about off teut is close-quarter early boshing...but everyone can do what they want ofc.
      UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
      #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
      Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this
    • Ok. I'm following this guide. I've also been top 10 raider every week and just 1k off top spot this week with a day to go. I'm following the guide because it gives the outcome I want. My dual is willing to buy 600 gold a month, but tbh we use about 400 a month and can still comfortably use this guide. I was third for second village and first was around 10 days in. We got ours on the 11th I think. Or the 12th. We're 14 squares away from our starter village. This guide isn't for "7-8" skill level. Unless you're saying that all Aslan is, and all I am, and what most people are. This suits everyones needs. It gives a good hammer outcome and it gives rough days. We're aiming for a larger hammer because we're so far ahead of schedule. Stop slating the skill level of the people using this guide, try actually using it.
    • hfhno1 wrote:

A slight flaw is not having a life??

Maybe you should get a life because Lord Aslan has obviously worked really hard writing up this guide to help everyone and he could of kept the tactics to himself so thank you Aslan !
    • JACKS HERE wrote:

Ok. I'm following this guide. I've also been top 10 raider every week and just 1k off top spot this week with a day to go. I'm following the guide because it gives the outcome I want. My dual is willing to buy 600 gold a month, but tbh we use about 400 a month and can still comfortably use this guide. I was third for second village and first was around 10 days in. We got ours on the 11th I think. Or the 12th. We're 14 squares away from our starter village. This guide isn't for "7-8" skill level. Unless you're saying that all Aslan is, and all I am, and what most people are. This suits everyones needs. It gives a good hammer outcome and it gives rough days. We're aiming for a larger hammer because we're so far ahead of schedule. Stop slating the skill level of the people using this guide, try actually using it.

Congratulations - use this - I don't really care how good you think you or LA is - I'm just saying that you should be open to constructive criticism to players who have played against these tactics and repeatedly won. Congratulations on 'consistently being a top 10 raider'. Maybe you should investigate who you are talking to before you start mouthing off...maybe you will be a nice big farm like the rank 2 player on s5 who we just demolished this week with a somewhat similar strategy :)

If you are a top 10 raider then why are you using a strategy for people who do not have enough time to spend that much time online - a sim strategy. You should then consider additional parameters not discussed - multi off to save your main army for multiple artifacts and increased raiding etc. If you are already doing this then you cannot compare your achievements 'using this strategy' bla bla bla...

Why don't I use it - I am 7 months through a server - instead I offer constructive criticism. I would also consider how much smaller your army would be if you just finished your 18s, as you do not need an army this large even to take unique artifacts - may as well finish capital off? Once production is starving from troops then it will be harder to finish your capital...
      UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
      #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
      Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this
    • JACKS HERE wrote:

Ok. I'm following this guide. I've also been top 10 raider every week and just 1k off top spot this week with a day to go. I'm following the guide because it gives the outcome I want. My dual is willing to buy 600 gold a month, but tbh we use about 400 a month and can still comfortably use this guide. I was third for second village and first was around 10 days in. We got ours on the 11th I think. Or the 12th. We're 14 squares away from our starter village. This guide isn't for "7-8" skill level. Unless you're saying that all Aslan is, and all I am, and what most people are. This suits everyones needs. It gives a good hammer outcome and it gives rough days. We're aiming for a larger hammer because we're so far ahead of schedule. Stop slating the skill level of the people using this guide, try actually using it.

Cretin wrote:

Congratulations - use this - I don't really care how good you think you or LA is - I'm just saying that you should be open to constructive criticism to players who have played against these tactics and repeatedly won. Congratulations on 'consistently being a top 10 raider'. Maybe you should investigate who you are talking to before you start mouthing off...maybe you will be a nice big farm like the rank 2 player on s5 who we just demolished this week with a somewhat similar strategy :)

If you are a top 10 raider then why are you using a strategy for people who do not have enough time to spend that much time online - a sim strategy. You should then consider additional parameters not discussed - multi off to save your main army for multiple artifacts and increased raiding etc. If you are already doing this then you cannot compare your achievements 'using this strategy' bla bla bla...

Why don't I use it - I am 7 months through a server - instead I offer constructive criticism. I would also consider how much smaller your army would be if you just finished your 18s, as you do not need an army this large even to take unique artifacts - may as well finish capital off? Once production is starving from troops then it will be harder to finish your capital...

Woah, you two should chilax man !

This is a guide for a certain strategy in travian and there are loads of different stratergies everyone plays a different way, there isn't a right way, there isn't a wrong way !
    • Agreed.

I would just like to point out a small detail:

Lord Aslan wrote:

15 days should be the [HL]maximum[/HL] time it takes to found your 2nd village- even on v3.6, if you dont think your able for whatever reason, then get a dual or two or more!

Take note- I said Maximum. As it happens I founded my 2nd village on the 9th day on s3.uk - being the first. On com10 I was one of the first 5. And on both servers I started right in the middle and both servers are 3.6. But then I have a starting strategy as well as a mid-game strategy. The mid-game one I could make public- the start-game one however I will only make public when I stop playing stravian.

This guide is a skeleton guide. Of-course it can be improved on (somethign which I myself have already done or I would not have posted it- dont want people getting ahead of me after all ;))- I'm merely showing another way to play the game.
    • I think a good and simple point (for JACKS HERE), is cretin had more troops than is said to be achievable by this simming method in his main army, and another army on top. This is due to raiding. So following a simming guide if you are raiding so much means you must be doing strange things or aren't actually all your raid score might make out to be.

No offense to aslan by the way I'm not slating the guide since you have stated it is a simming guide for low activity thus little raiding. Just seems contradictory for a high raider to follow a simming stategy based on little raiding as cretin said.

Of course I will be interested to see what troops appear from lords by mid game if they are following this strategy + raids :)
    • commander wrote:

I think a good and simple point (for JACKS HERE), is cretin had more troops than is said to be achievable by this simming method in his main army, and another army on top. This is due to raiding. So following a simming guide if you are raiding so much means you must be doing strange things or aren't actually all your raid score might make out to be.

No offense to aslan by the way I'm not slating the guide since you have stated it is a simming guide for low activity thus little raiding. Just seems contradictory for a high raider to follow a simming stategy based on little raiding as cretin said.

Of course I will be interested to see what troops appear from lords by mid game if they are following this strategy + raids :)

Have a look:

forum.travian.co.uk/showpost.php?p=999852&postcount=17

As I said, the strategy is just a skeleton. You combine raiding + strategy and... well I'll show you what you get in a few months time :)
    • commander wrote:

I think a good and simple point (for JACKS HERE), is cretin had more troops than is said to be achievable by this simming method in his main army, and another army on top. This is due to raiding. So following a simming guide if you are raiding so much means you must be doing strange things or aren't actually all your raid score might make out to be.

I was first raiders and attackers last week, and I'm top attackers overall. In my opinion the guide isn't just for simming. You can just speed everything up by raiding. As we have done. The first 28 days, well we're erm...16 days in and just coming to the end. Of course we haven't put every resource into it as we have had really annoying farms who try to build troops. How silly of them :)

Basically then, i reckon the guide is easily adapted to a raider, simply by ignoring the time guide lines and throwing more partys :)
    • I tried to adapt it to play with Gaul.

The majors differences are, that you take a few days more to settle the second village.

But one great thing is that you can upgrade market quick and trade 2:1 the most requested recourse to increase your daily production.

It's working for me.
      On the end of the server I will post again to feedback.
    • I have two problems with this.
      1. You have to be quite active. Also, you want to be doing some raiding and diplomacy to make sure you do not become a farm early on.
      2. You have to spend a lot of gold.

Other than that, great guide, it's just that I prefer to secure a cropper, defend it and get feeder villages around it. That way your hammer doesn't come from the cropper, but is just resting there. You can make it your capital as well, as your army will not be coming from there, so no need for GB and GS.
      Means having to be awake while your hammer is in use, but it also means you can get a big hammer quickly, if anything goes wrong, without NPC-ing.
    • Lord Aslan wrote:

I myself am busy using this exact strategy on com10 for the first time - I will come post my troop size when the midgame artifacts are introduced :)

Mid-game has come and gone. We followed the guide to the letter just about, however we decided to get our lvl 18's done before mid-game so that we would not need to worry about it later- this did mean we had to sacrifice army size though. Anyhow in-time for the mid-game arti's we had:

150% 15c with lvl 18 wheat fields.
      20k mace, 15k axe, 9k tk, 500 ram, 800 cata, 20% off hero.

Current status: rank 31 pop, rank 2 off, 1/2 training unique arti.

Between the weeks 3 (after v2 was founded) and 18 we did no farming whatsoever and only spent 5-10 mins a day on the account which was spent admiring the account :D (just kidding- more like NPC'ing etc)

Total defence points so far: 15868 (most of which has been gained in a single attack from a deleting player)
      Total off points: 189130

As you can see our simming hasn't cost the alliance much at all- maybe 2k wheats worth of troops. And no we're not out in the middle of nowhere, in-fact we're in the middle of the qaud: (-66|38)
      Nor are we part of a Meta- alliance of 100 odd members (two wings).

Hopefully this will quieten a few of the critics :p
    • I know the point of this is low activitiy...hence little/no raiding, but I know someone who got 2 armies around that size, also with little raiding, so I dont think this method is the absolute pinnacle of how to do it.

To be fair, a simming method is not a bad way to go if you are lazy, lack time, or both.