Gold Buyer's guide to a Mid-Game Hammer

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• well most of those accounts will be spilt into like 3-4~~ i would think~ and a full server goes on for about one year... so its like 400 pounds each... which might sound a lot to children but adults who have decent earnings i owuld guess won't really care...

p.s.
      did any of that make any sense lool
    • sk123 wrote:

well most of those accounts will be spilt into like 3-4~~ i would think~ and a full server goes on for about one year... so its like 400 pounds each... which might sound a lot to children but adults who have decent earnings i owuld guess won't really care...

p.s.
      did any of that make any sense lool

£400 per year is a lot to spend on a game though!
    • A slow server generally lasts for a year, which is 8760 hours.

Console/PC games generally last 8 hours (some less..some more), and are priced at around £40 generally.

To match the hours offered by travian you'd need to buy 1095 games which comes to £43,800.

So travian isn't actually such a bad cost for the return in play time that you get. Rather a lot better even.

Of course, this is not fool proof, and multiplayer time for these console/PC games has not been taken into account...Its just a not-too-serious way of showing that it isn't actually that much.

And afterall, £2000 (or ~£400 per person to conform with prior example) is the case for few accounts I imagine, so the average is likely far lower.
    • I decided to try this method, and I have hit a snag. Having simmed up to lvl 9 fields and built a hero's mansion, I am now supposed to conquer an oasis- but have no troops! My spawn village is 22 hours travel for a clearing squad and the cropper has no facility to train troops. So what's the solution?
    • Ive glanced over the guide and a few little flaws imo...

1. Troops to clear oases
      2. being attacked(having to spend down)
      3. the fact you dont need 2500 catapults for removing natars TC...
      4. I disagree in when you decided to take oases( i usually take 1st@level10's, 2nd@13's, 3rd@ 14/15's) the res it costs to make a level20 HeroM is to high for the added 2-4k(at level 13's)

However generally upgrading your 15c cap should always be priority/important regardless of how much you raid and you can hold top raiders spot with minimal amounts of troops early on all dependant on your location.

And aslong as you raid enough you can upgrade cap and throw partys/settle many villages all at once. (and have troops needed to deal with anoyances...)

Also you mention throwing Grandballs in 4villages within 24 hours of settling i do find that near impossible and still extremely difficult without shipping resources from your cap(slowing wheat fields down).

In theory most of it works, few things i can see which would be a struggle(especially on uk's low amount of players/farms) but majority is possible....

And Aslan...your on com10 and com7? putting both these heavy gold styles into play, you must have a lot of time+money to use :P
    • ...this will only cost you 50k res production an hour to keep this troop production going 24/7... meaning in 25 days you can have a 25 day troop building quee. Which is a good thing because by this point you only have 50k res production left- the rest already used for storage. [HL]After the 45 days are up[/HL] you'll still have a 5 day troop queue...

...In the mean-time if you find any flaws or a better way of doing things please post below, and if I agree I'll add/edit it into the guide! Naturally the troop production can be manipulated to give a different Mace:TK:Cata ratio.

The primary basis of this guide seems to be economic optimisation of resources, but you've made a glaring error in this - your 5 days of troop queues means you have needlessly warehoused 6 million resources which could have been used instead to improve resource production. This would in turn allow you to feed more troops or increase the level of the GB/GS and rate of training. Troop training runs should be kept as short as feasibly possible without breaking them. This is the most obvious single problem in your proposed method as I see it.

I think 95% of players could benefit from a guide like this since even some top-end players don't fully understand the economic considerations in making the absolute most of resources, however a hard and fast method is never optimal because everything varies according to geographical and political constraints.

Taking into account the fact that a roman barracks(Imp)/stables(EC)/workshop(FC) all at L20 will produce more attack points per hour-worth of troops than a teuton barracks(axe)/stables(TK)/workshop(cat) at an extra resource cost which quickly becomes worthwhile through lesser troop consumption per attack point, I think you have also been far too quick to assume that teutons are the best tribe for your purposes. While I agree that most top end players use teutons, it does not follow that a truly excellent roman would produce a lesser army by day 150 than a similarly skilled teuton.

However a full dissection of which tribe is ideal for this purpose could not be fitted into a 40 page thesis let alone a travian forum guide or argumentative post, so at least you could include an acknowledgement that your guide is purely for teutons but that it does not necessarily make them the better tribe for the job. Bottom line for both tribe choice and method of development - I am not sure that any travian player is qualified to state that a particular method is truly best, because anybody that good at programming with neural networks would be too busy writing simulations for NASA and getting paid a lot of money for it.

However your guide will do for the moment, so by all means go for it. You may want to change your priorities to account for the shortened server length.
    • OK, sorry to end the well thought out posts here, but this is my input.
      I take this guide as it is, a guide, and needless to say it shouldn't be used to the letter, but as an explanation of the path to upgrading a 15 cropper. For instance, the troop part, and the oasis. It is clear that you need to clear it and that it is not explained in the guide, but with any troops in village 1 still going from start, they and any from the cropper it self trained for the purpose should be able to clear it.
      Sure, a lot of things in this guide aren't Perfect,l and party can be changed to provide a more efficient way or doing things, but any top end player should be able to do it without the flaws anyway,
      Upgrading wheat fields is easy, and a quick guide like this is only ment to draw you on the right path.
    • Sorry kyle, agree with what you're saying - was just mentioning that following a hard and fast guide to tackle a dynamic system will never be even close to ideal.
    • Thankyou for all the well thought out responses :)

I agree that the guide is nowhere perfect however at the same time following it with a small degree of good fortune (alliance pretection etc) will give you good results.

On com10 we followed the guide pretty much to the letter- no raiding after 2nd village was founded. We did sacrifice army size for lvl 18's and I would advise anyone following the guide to do the same as it saves a lot of trouble. Following the guide while using your initiative could lead to the reults we have on com10.

Rank 31 in population, rank 1 off, rank 1 hero... rank 159 defence- I guess the high offence stops everyone attacking or even faking :)

On com7 I've decided to go all out- 6 duals, 24/7 raiding, and still following the skeleton guide- only now we're doing things a bit faster lol, giving us a rank 1 in population which we hope to maintain.

As for gold... well both the accounts on com10 and com7 are sponsored by one player- he gives me the assurance of bottomless gold with which I can in return give him the assurance of a top account- hopefully rank 1.
    • Lord Aslan wrote:

As for gold... well both the accounts on com10 and com7 are sponsored by one player- he gives me the assurance of bottomless gold with which I can in return give him the assurance of a top account- hopefully rank 1.

That's one very sad person indeed, forking all that money out in a vein attempt to buy "glory" on a browser game!!!

Do you refund when it goes pear shaped like it did on UK3?
    • Humdinger wrote:

That's one very sad person indeed, forking all that money out in a vein attempt to buy "glory" on a browser game!!!

Do you refund when it goes pear shaped like it did on UK3?

Nah I only met him on com10- actually he contacted me after I'd had a good start. Don't get me wrong- he doesn't just buy gold, he does help raid etc at the start and generally knows whats going on throughout the server.

By the way one of the reasons it went wrong on uk3 was due to a lack of gold lol.
    • You have two options with this type of battle plan (I know because its how myself and many of the other early game big players work) you can either spend lots of gold and have a life, or spend no gold and not sleep for 12 months straight.
    • Hi aslan,

Found the guide quite interesting but I have many doubts regarding the strategy. well to get the fields to lvl 19 will need atleast 12 warehouses so this is my first question...

1) how many granaries and warehouses do you need.?

2) Well how much gold you need to spend daily after lvl 10 resource fields. gold is a limiting factor for me.?

3) When you have such a huge resource production like say 50k then you granary capacity should be enough to hold for atleast half a day or 12 hours so around 600k that's 7 granaries at least so how do you manage this?

4) When you get so much resource production and when you go for new villages you will need to ship your resources to other villages from capital and utilize them...I think it is really a big trouble their.

Well I Liked the strategy and want to make few changes in the strategy according to my need.

When my production reaches around 20k I will try to start building my hammer village at that movement and will try to maintain production in this range by producing troops in my hammer and getting all the building to required level for producing troops 24x7.In this way I will need only 4 or 5 granaries and rest will be warehouses. well with this I will be spending less gold, also I will be getting an option for building wheat fields to lvl 19. My raiding army will provide me extra resources which will be used for generated cps for founding the feeder villages for cropper and the hammer village.

Well I think your strategy at later stages of cropper development will need gold for every single construction orders. Their is no way you can develop a village completely in 2 days. And the gold required will be paramount I suppose so.