Mxer's Battle

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Mxer's Battle

Over the years, on these forums, we have all thrown a ton of shade on each other, both friends and foes.We have befriended and battled with each other, friends changed to foes depending on the server.Some of us have "known" each other for over ten years. Many of us have better friends here, whom we have never met face to face, than we do IRL.I know many of you better than I know my neighbors, and like many of you more than I like some of my family!!

We are, in another realm, a family.

A great Travian friend and competitor is in need, and some of us would like to ask you to help. Last round of us1, you may remember we had a ww named "Mxer Rules".It was, quietly, dedicated to our teammate, Mxer. Mxer has played as RexM. As Mxer. He’s been in Travian for 11 years, so remembering all his past names is a challenge. But he’s been part of SIO, he’s been in “That star wars theme team”, He was part of the 66’s during this last round.

If you love playing Travian, you’d love playing with, or against, our friend MXer. He plays with passion, skill, and a huge smile on his face every night.

One morning, early on s1 last fall, MXer was driving home when he was involved in a car accident. A young girl ran into him. Being always the good Samaritan and caretaker of others, he comforted her, put her in his warm car as it was a cold morning and stayed with her until her brother could pick her up. Then he went on to, as we say here, his RL, working in automation, farming a 68 acre cow/calf operation and helping his daughter manage a Pizzeria…. and occasionally chiefing right into the middle of his opponents cluster in Travian!

He eventually ended up going to the doctor for nagging back pain from the accident. But he was wrong about the cause….The diagnosis was stage 4 prostate cancer that had spread to S1, L2 an L4 vertebra's.

I can’t think of anything that could flatten you more.

But he could not let this be the last of him. MXer has a wonderful wife, son and daughter that he loves dearly.Just as he plays in Travian, when the odds were against him, he grew more determined to fight.

He kept his battle with cancer fairly quiet telling only a few of us.He started dealing with all of the issues that arise from an instant transition from a man in his prime, with a loving wife, children, & businesses to run, to a patient fighting through repeated radiation, hormone deprivation, multiple chemo treatments, visits, and tests, with high spirits, and endless fortitude.

"It's aged me 20 years, and although I've gone from a PSA of 780 to 13, I'm not in remission". Unfortunately, he's reached the limit on how much chemo he can take. No more Chemo. He must find another option.

His best chance now is an experimental treatment.

We have a GoFundMe page set up, not just for his Travian friends, but for his family and neighbors to show their support.There are more details on that page.Many of you have played with Steve, (Mxer and Rexm) over the years. As you all do in the game, when your teammates need aid in times of battle, please join us to give MXer the best chance to fight this battle.

Support comes in many forms. Financial is wonderful, but sharing this GFM is also critical.Please, post this on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or wherever you think it can help.

#StevesFlight2Fight

Thank you all.

Quelaana
      Uly
      Bow Hunter
      and of course, Mxer.
      us1 - SIO Win
      us4 - SIO Win
      us3 - FWB Win

The post was edited 9 times, last by Quelaana ().

• Join MXer's Online Battle Group as we help him Hammer out Cancer.

If you haven't yet played with MX, you missed out on a great TG team mate and battle group brother.

Please rally and do what you can. Donate, share the message, or more. Even $5 helps.

Note: GoFundMe removed all of their own fees for using the system. If you want to leave GoFundMe a tip for all they do, there's a drop down for that, or you can just put in $0 for the tip, and just donate to this cause.

MXer is known as Steve irl, so we are hoping to spread the hashtag around via twitter, instagram, Facebook: #StevesFlight2Fight

Read the story: Steves Flight to Fight

Share far and wide. Get your family and friends to chip in a few. What we do for MX, we do for all of us. His objective is clear, and we mean to get him to Germany for treatment.
      "The world is organised by the war economy and the war culture." -- Eduardo Galeano

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." --Napoleon Bonaparte
    • Before anyone says anything about this, this post with the link to the outside GoFundMe page, was run past @Ameno first. She understands why this post is up and is fine with it.

But, any negative posts will be removed. Please keep any comments in this thread positive and supportive.

Edited to add, this is one thread where the use of a real name will be relaxed. Normally that is a forum no-no but because so many of us know each other's real names, it is hard right now in this thread.

Forum User Guide
      Please contact in game Support for in game issues.

The post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: added post script ().

• DabCrab wrote:

If it is legal where he resides.... please tell him to consume anything containing cannabis.. Tell him to eat it's oils..... ingest food with it in it.... anything involving that plant tell him to please get right on it. Even if it's not legal.... someone will help him get it.
      MXer is reading these, I'm sure he got your message.

For those that want to do more, and/or believe in Karma, here's something that was pretty effective for me:

I copied and pasted a simple message asking friends directly for help. Sent it via Messenger. Aunts, uncles, neighbors, that know nothing of TG or MX contributed well, because they know what comes around goes around, and cancer touches all of our families sooner or later. If not direct messages, then please just post the donation page on your social accounts and ask for help. His fight is our fight.

Here's the message I put in FB directs along with the link to the page.
      "If you can help, my friend Steve really needs it. His life savings is already in, but we need more for the treatment he needs. Thanks in advance for helping or spreading the word. - Uly"
      gofundme.com/steves-flight-to-fight-cancer

"The world is organised by the war economy and the war culture." -- Eduardo Galeano

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." --Napoleon Bonaparte
    • HOLY C*** er....COW guys!! Look what APOX did!!!!

Apox, there is nothing I can say but Thank you. He's a great guy, and you'd love playing with him
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 6.30.12 PM.png

22.88 kB, 732×228, viewed 4 times
      us1 - SIO Win
      us4 - SIO Win
      us3 - FWB Win

The post was edited 3 times, last by playingwithfire: added screenshot ().

• Mxer is literally one of the best people I have met in the game. Played along side him for years and he is someone I consider a really good friend. I will donate and I would ask anyone touched by cancer in the past to donate also. He is an Excellent person, great moral fiber and just an overall great man. Anyone who has met him, played travian with him of just been around for discord or skype chats know how amazing this guy really is.

Wishing you the best MXer.
      US1: R4 poopydiapers, R6 Lethal Jimmy; R7 Julius Pleaser; R8 Peter Quill; R10 Gambit
      travian-reports.net/us/report/2303146e4a1
      US2: R6 Churchill Downs: Bacon (dual) R8 Archangel
      travian-reports.net/us/report/2354796f9e4 The rebuild travian-reports.net/us/report/2354849ce46
      US3: R8 Evolution travian-reports.net/us/report/223457ba7b3 R9 Converter - Battle reports Travian
    • Thank you. I totally agree, that blew me away. But that type of generosity and camaraderie is what this game has always been about. It brings out the best (and occasionally worst) in all of us. this is a premier example of the best.
      us1 - SIO Win
      us4 - SIO Win
      us3 - FWB Win
    • Quelaana wrote:

Thank you. I totally agree, that blew me away. But that type of generosity and camaraderie is what this game has always been about. It brings out the best (and occasionally worst) in all of us. this is a premier example of the best.
      Over the years some of us have played against and with each other either on different servers or same servers as each other. One round we may be enemies and next best friends!

For those that dont know me and my history.. 18 months ago I went through a bad time and spent 10 days in a coma, 7+ weeks in the hosp, and had 12 major operations to keep me alive (it was bad enough my surgical team told my wife to call in family) and a group of travian players found out and with their support and prayers I managed to make it through something that had a 100% mortality rate. I was getting phone calls in the hosp and even had one player figure out where I lived and paid me a visit!

We all share a common bond through this game we all love to hate! I know I for one will do what I can do to pass the word along to pay back what was done for me!

Q.. Please let Steve know he is in my thoughts and prayers and will pass the link on to others that I know!
      The power of Murdok......
      wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.
    • Murdok_US wrote:

Quelaana wrote:

Thank you. I totally agree, that blew me away. But that type of generosity and camaraderie is what this game has always been about. It brings out the best (and occasionally worst) in all of us. this is a premier example of the best.
      Over the years some of us have played against and with each other either on different servers or same servers as each other. One round we may be enemies and next best friends!
      For those that dont know me and my history.. 18 months ago I went through a bad time and spent 10 days in a coma, 7+ weeks in the hosp, and had 12 major operations to keep me alive (it was bad enough my surgical team told my wife to call in family) and a group of travian players found out and with their support and prayers I managed to make it through something that had a 100% mortality rate. I was getting phone calls in the hosp and even had one player figure out where I lived and paid me a visit!

We all share a common bond through this game we all love to hate! I know I for one will do what I can do to pass the word along to pay back what was done for me!

Q.. Please let Steve know he is in my thoughts and prayers and will pass the link on to others that I know!
      Thank you Murdok. You and I've talked, and knowing what you went through and continue to battle, I knew you would lend your support to Mxer. We had a group of the team from last round went to see him over the summer. He has a great support system, and you, of all people know how important that is.

He is currently off grid, but when he gets back, I know he's going to read this thread with tears in his eyes.

No matter what I say about any of you INGAME, you are a terrific group.

Here is another way you can all help:

pages.gofundme.com/fundraiser-…g-your-gofundme-campaign/
      us1 - SIO Win
      us4 - SIO Win
      us3 - FWB Win
    • Q.. we do what we do to help one of our own! no matter what side we are fighting on we fight for each other!!!
      The power of Murdok......
      wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.
    • Quelaana wrote:

Many of us have better friends here, whom we have never met face to face, than we do IRL.I know many of you better than I know my neighbors, and like many of you more than I like some of my family!!
      Truer words have not been spoken about this "game".. We truly are a family here.. With every fun day, there are almost as many tragedies..
      One of my closest friends in life came from this game, and his death haunts me almost daily..

Life is way too damn short, we need to cherish the days we have, and if we can help any one of us have more days, any price is worth it..

Fight the good fight Steve, God speed..!!
      s1 : Storeythor travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

Scarecrow wrote:

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.

Gressor2 wrote:

The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:

Chas00 wrote:

Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.

bugzy wrote:

He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.
    • Update:

Well, with some strong contributions from Travian faithful, we smashed through 5% of the end goal for #StevesFlight2Fight in the first 3 days.

Then last night, Sunday, we exceeded 10% of the goal in the first 7 days of the campaign!!

Thank you all, but that leaves 90%, and it's not going to take a small flash of news to get there.

We've had 398 FB Shares, 2,914 views.

It is key that we push this news to all of our networks, particular non-TG networks. You have good people in your lifes, family, and some of them will contribute. I used the tools to share via FB direct, and people that knew nothing of TB or MXer contributed well, and pushed on to their church groups, etc. We need this to reach many, and we need to pick up a few champions along the way take it on as a cause.

We're working on a press release, I have a few logos and images to share on Instagram. There are many ways to help. Everyone knows people.

One of my reasons why: besides believing we need men like MXer in the world. My mother died of cancer in 2000. We knew of no options, we had no further steps we knew to take. MX has identified something that might help. This treatment he can get in Germany. Will it, who the hell knows, but by doing what I can to help him, I'm also honoring my mother, and others I've lost to this dread disease.

Find your reason to help.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Uly ().