Travian Platinum Club (RE: Battling the Bots)

    • IsleofWrath wrote:

      Son of a Peach wrote:

      Justification for that time he used a bot.
      Everything else in the game is about long term commitment, focus and diligence. Those that do it more win. Those who don't lose. How much more do we automate before there isn't anything left worth doing.
      Look at all the things we haven't been doing properly because of the need to send raids every few minutes. Travian is a real time straregy/war game and it has to live up to its name. Not clicking a butting every few minutes while that time could be spent for strategizing.
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

      ELE wrote:

      First and foremost travian is a business. They need to employ people to look at the mechanics and decide how to make it work, developers to code and implement them and people to test them.
      And get filthy stinking rich off of it.

      I don’t see an issue with it being a gold feature, it would be the first gold feature that doesn’t actually disadvantage non-gold users REGARDLESS of how much effort they put in.
      But it DOES. Most of the raiders have to spend extra gold, for the NPC's, since raiding lower population or so called "noobs" mostly result in raiding crop. So here alone even more gold have to be spend, which makes even bigger barrier between heavy gold users, and those who just have it for bonus.

      Another thing noone has taken into consideration is balance between offensive and deffensive players. Many will say: you can raid with deff, but thats not really true. Okay i agree, you can kinda farm with paladins, but to be honest, how many actual deffers are teutons? I think not even 10 % (speaking for 3 tribes server). So roman and gaul deffers are put behind emidatly, because i really doubt that a WW or crush deffer can allow himself to lose phalangs/prats while raiding (even tho they would benefit resource-wisely). So if this feature would be announced, then it forces people to play teuton deff instead of roman or gaul, since they are making a great diffrence between simmers and raiders (dont attack me with: simmers have to put way less effort in than raiders), to stay competitive.

      So in my view, this feature is a no go, because it creates even bigger gap between heavy and low gold users, while its slowly abondoning the rewards that putting time into the game brings, which is the main point. Its like saying: you have the talent for sport (example) and therefore you should be professional in it, even tho you arent commited enough to put time in it. Thats not how it works. If you want to be competitive, you have to put time in it, if you dont, then you arent in the top. Thats the case in all games, no matter the game mechanics, same goes for real life.
    • No one is taking the competitiveness out of it. If everyone puts their farm list on auto then only like 1% of the raiders will actually get anything. Instead, if you really want value, you have to find new farms or make them. That takes skill and time my friend.

      And Travian is not about raiding. Travian is about building that goddamn WW to 100. Anything else doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you're the top 1 player in every category. If your team loses, you lose.

      This feature would be a small blip in the Travian continuum.
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • @ImmortaI, apologies if the following comes across as rude. unfortunately when you post without thinking that happens though.


      ImmortaI wrote:

      But it DOES. Most of the raiders have to spend extra gold, for the NPC's, since raiding lower population or so called "noobs" mostly result in raiding crop. So here alone even more gold have to be spend, which makes even bigger barrier between heavy gold users, and those who just have it for bonus.
      What?

      What is this?

      How on earth is this relevant to the feature at all?

      You did read the first post right? The suggestion is that farm lists get sent automatically. How would whether or not they are sent automatically or not affect what you raiding income is?

      My point was that unlike NPCing and Insta-complete, you can simply put the time and effort in rather than spend. Please learn to read.


      ImmortaI wrote:

      Another thing noone has taken into consideration is balance between offensive and deffensive players. Many will say: you can raid with deff, but thats not really true. Okay i agree, you can kinda farm with paladins, but to be honest, how many actual deffers are teutons? I think not even 10 % (speaking for 3 tribes server). So roman and gaul deffers are put behind emidatly, because i really doubt that a WW or crush deffer can allow himself to lose phalangs/prats while raiding (even tho they would benefit resource-wisely). So if this feature would be announced, then it forces people to play teuton deff instead of roman or gaul, since they are making a great diffrence between simmers and raiders (dont attack me with: simmers have to put way less effort in than raiders), to stay competitive.

      Well that is complete and utter nonsense. All elite def accounts raid with Paladins, druids or EC.

      I can only assume the defenders you know are the people that have opted to play def simply because the do not have time to play offence. The fact that these players aren't of elite status and don;t know how to be a proper defender shouldn't be used as a reason why this feature shouldn't be introduced, that's stupid af!

      If anything, this could help them become a better player.


      ImmortaI wrote:

      o in my view, this feature is a no go, because it creates even bigger gap between heavy and low gold users, while its slowly abondoning the rewards that putting time into the game brings, which is the main point. Its like saying: you have the talent for sport (example) and therefore you should be professional in it, even tho you arent commited enough to put time in it. Thats not how it works. If you want to be competitive, you have to put time in it, if you dont, then you arent in the top. Thats the case in all games, no matter the game mechanics, same goes for real life.

      It does not make any gap at all!

      Quite literally the only difference this makes is it takes away that annoying thing where you have to log in every 15 minutes and send 8 farm lists! That doesn't give anyone any advantage, it just removes the most boring aspect from the game. If you don't want to pay gold to do it, you still don't fall behind because you keep clicking.

      There is no skill in sending the farm list at all. Making them there is, I spend about an hour a day every day updating and tweaking mine. There is skill in that. Clicking send every 15 minutes isn't skill, not even a little bit.
    • Well, consider even having farm lists a luxury. :)

      No disrespect, but some time ago there were no farmlists at all. Making it that much more easier for farmers is in my opinion kinda sad...

      Want top farmer spot and more res? Invest time and effort. Everyone who wants to succeed alnost everywhere has to do this, don't see a reason why it should be different here.

      [2017] si2 - Blobfish
      [2017/18] si1 - .iDKz!
      [2017/18] com29 - sph1nX
      [2018] com83 - Bacardi Time
    • So if that's the case might as well make everything allowed. Since as you said, top players will eventually go beyond that. :D

      They could increase FL farm amount or optimize them a bit better, but automating is meh. Unless they made it like build master, so every ''automated'' FL send costs you 1 gold for example. Making it be an extra ''platinum club'' would be ridiculously cheat to have automated farmlists, it should be at least something that costs at every use, not one time small payment imo.

      You want an OP feature, pay an OP price for it.

      [2017] si2 - Blobfish
      [2017/18] si1 - .iDKz!
      [2017/18] com29 - sph1nX
      [2018] com83 - Bacardi Time
    • I really don't see why it is OP. Raiding as it is now is already a huge advantage to players who put in the time and effort to make and maintain their farm lists. You then have to distribute the resources if needed properly, you have to feed that damn raid hammer properly, all while losing 100s of troops every week to goddamn spikers.

      I don't see why it's OP. I'm sure everyone knows how top raiders get to where they are. They dont get there by just mindlessly clicking the farm list every 5 mins. They often go for big bounties that others haven't discovered yet. All while constantly harassing their players in enemy alliances with occasional attacks to their vills or oasis.

      I'm just saying that the people who are against this are just glorifying it as an OP feature. You sit down and you really think about how automation is going to be, then you will find out many many flaws in it.

      For ex: Imagine that every active person is using automated farmlists. then every single attack on a farm is going to land at the same time every day.

      I am player A automating my farm list to every 5 mins. I am landing on target C at 15:00 so every 5 mins like clockwork 15:05 15:10 and so on ...
      Now player B has also automated his farmlist to every 5 mins and he has the same farm target C but he lands at 15:05 ...

      So I think you know where I'm going with this ....

      player A will almost always get the bounty before player B because he sent(automated) the farm lists first ... So if your automation is wrong, there are some farms where you will get nothing no matter how many times you raid because someone else has already automated their farmlists to land just before yours.


      This is not a feature without its flaws. This will just make the life of people who actually put effort into their account a little better.
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      IsleofWrath wrote:

      Son of a Peach wrote:

      Justification for that time he used a bot.
      Everything else in the game is about long term commitment, focus and diligence. Those that do it more win. Those who don't lose. How much more do we automate before there isn't anything left worth doing.
      Look at all the things we haven't been doing properly because of the need to send raids every few minutes. Travian is a real time straregy/war game and it has to live up to its name. Not clicking a butting every few minutes while that time could be spent for strategizing.
      Sending raids is two clicks and a scroll per 100 farms. If that is the difference between you having time to strategise or not, you may not have the time required to play the game.

      Kurtz wrote:

      I do know that you're good at this game :p
      S1R4 - ISLEOFWRATH - #2 Pop
      S1R5 - TYLER DURDEN - NATAR WIN! #1 Attacker - 75 Villas Chiefed
      S1R6 - TMNT - Back to Back !#1 Attacker. The Controversy.
      S1R7 - GEKIDOOSHIMA - WW's are cute.
      US29 (NYS) - Kingtut - WW goes poof.
    • IsleofWrath wrote:

      Eric Rasputin wrote:

      IsleofWrath wrote:

      Son of a Peach wrote:

      Justification for that time he used a bot.
      Everything else in the game is about long term commitment, focus and diligence. Those that do it more win. Those who don't lose. How much more do we automate before there isn't anything left worth doing.
      Look at all the things we haven't been doing properly because of the need to send raids every few minutes. Travian is a real time straregy/war game and it has to live up to its name. Not clicking a butting every few minutes while that time could be spent for strategizing.
      Sending raids is two clicks and a scroll per 100 farms. If that is the difference between you having time to strategise or not, you may not have the time required to play the game.
      2 clicks and a scroll per at least 200 farms EVERY 5 mins. Yeah ... No time at all mate ...
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • So that's 4 clicks? Either way, tryharding has its price, but you're obviously not willing to pay for it in a way most do.
      And no, you're not the only one who has to do that, but others just deal with it. :)

      You also realize automated farmlist would end up sending even if def appears in that specific village, right?

      [2017] si2 - Blobfish
      [2017/18] si1 - .iDKz!
      [2017/18] com29 - sph1nX
      [2018] com83 - Bacardi Time
    • Wolkenengel wrote:

      You also realize automated farmlist would end up sending even if def appears in that specific village, right?
      Yes I do. I'm willing to have this feature even though I know that will happen.

      And how is it 4 clicks? Just send the farm list twice and then not send it for the rest of the day? And why would I not be willing to pay for it? You do realize that I'm supporting this right?
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      IsleofWrath wrote:

      Eric Rasputin wrote:

      IsleofWrath wrote:

      Son of a Peach wrote:

      Justification for that time he used a bot.
      Everything else in the game is about long term commitment, focus and diligence. Those that do it more win. Those who don't lose. How much more do we automate before there isn't anything left worth doing.
      Look at all the things we haven't been doing properly because of the need to send raids every few minutes. Travian is a real time straregy/war game and it has to live up to its name. Not clicking a butting every few minutes while that time could be spent for strategizing.
      Sending raids is two clicks and a scroll per 100 farms. If that is the difference between you having time to strategise or not, you may not have the time required to play the game.
      2 clicks and a scroll per at least 200 farms EVERY 5 mins. Yeah ... No time at all mate ...
      You mean to tell us that you don't want to put in the effort required to farm at a high level, but you do want to meaningfully stare at the map, gettertools and analyse a barrage of other tools in order to execute higher levels of strategy?

      Kurtz wrote:

      I do know that you're good at this game :p
      S1R4 - ISLEOFWRATH - #2 Pop
      S1R5 - TYLER DURDEN - NATAR WIN! #1 Attacker - 75 Villas Chiefed
      S1R6 - TMNT - Back to Back !#1 Attacker. The Controversy.
      S1R7 - GEKIDOOSHIMA - WW's are cute.
      US29 (NYS) - Kingtut - WW goes poof.
    • it isn't necessary for everyone to buy it specially for those who are active anyway
      since they can just do it more often than the feature offers so the advantage of gold-users(assuming it to be a gold feature) isn't that high
      it's not like the feature would just let you send out farms every 5 minutes..
      it's just to let players who want to spend an extra few for their troops to be not idle when they sleep or something
    • IsleofWrath wrote:

      Eric Rasputin wrote:

      IsleofWrath wrote:

      Eric Rasputin wrote:

      IsleofWrath wrote:

      Son of a Peach wrote:

      Justification for that time he used a bot.
      Everything else in the game is about long term commitment, focus and diligence. Those that do it more win. Those who don't lose. How much more do we automate before there isn't anything left worth doing.
      Look at all the things we haven't been doing properly because of the need to send raids every few minutes. Travian is a real time straregy/war game and it has to live up to its name. Not clicking a butting every few minutes while that time could be spent for strategizing.
      Sending raids is two clicks and a scroll per 100 farms. If that is the difference between you having time to strategise or not, you may not have the time required to play the game.
      2 clicks and a scroll per at least 200 farms EVERY 5 mins. Yeah ... No time at all mate ...
      You mean to tell us that you don't want to put in the effort required to farm at a high level, but you do want to meaningfully stare at the map, gettertools and analyse a barrage of other tools in order to execute higher levels of strategy?
      Yes.

      And I already farm at a high level. I've put in the effort so many times and have become top raider so many times.

      I just like the idea of this feature and I want to support it.
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • I think this is the greatest idea!!

      To start I'll quote

      Eric Rasputin wrote:

      Please tell me who sends their farm list every hour? You might as well not send because you usually wont find anything. In 1x server sending every 30 mins I can understand ... Not ideal .. but I can understand if it is someone who is not heavily invested in raiding.

      Most people send their lists every 5, 10 or 15mins ... They are the ones who are actually benefiting from raiding.
      WOW!! Lucky those people - Do they sit in front of a computer for a job?? Or not have a job at all??
      I work 10 hours a day with about 2 hrs between each break. At the moment I think I am lucky that I can quickly run up the stairs to our lunchroom where my laptop is to send my farm list out about half way between my breaks so about once per hour!!
      And yet when I get home from work I put a lot of effort into finding farms and tweaking my farm lists as needed.

      Some people just have Real Lives that mean they don't get as much online time as those that you say are sending farm lists out every 5, 10 or 15 minutes. It doesn't mean they aren't putting a lot of effort in in the more limited time they have but for the effort they do put in making farm lists then having automated farm lists (with reasonable limitations) would at least reward their effort and address the imbalance between those that sit in front of a computer for a job or don't work at all and those that have more limited online time because of their RL situation!!

      This addresses @Lemon comment above too. There can be a love/hate relationship with Travian primarily because it does consume so much time and affects RL's adversely because of it. It's a 24/7 game!!! People choose not to play Travian because it is too time consuming though they would like to play.

      Edit: @Eric Rasputin Sorry - have spent more time reading all the posts and actually see that you support this idea :thumbup:
      Still need your quote to make my point though.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by JahRay ().