Battle of Epidaurum - 2nd Edition

    By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

    • We are talking about ~200 merged steppe (9gold) from one acc and ~1k from the other (45gold)

      If you really want to compare our gold usage, if I only calculate what you have used during the first 3 days (140k silver = 1400 gold) ...

      I can understand that you would like to find an easy reason you can present, why you were caught off guard, but our gold usage is not the reason, I am sorry. The reason is that we plan ahead, that our plans are better and that the whole alliance moves as one when we have an objective to achieve.

      I could point out for you at least 4 maaajor mistakes that you guys are making and with a competent leadership those mistakes would not happen. Or should not happen.

      But if you want to blame it on the 45 gold we payed for the merged troops, go ahead and ignore the 1400 gold you paid for being able to settle faster.
    • Who is blaming you for merging troops lol? Anyone can do that.

      Have you thought of why we are not defending against your cat attacks? We have so far defended only one which you guys managed to kill. There is something called a strategic retreat. You don't fight a battle you can't win. So we will wait till we can win it. A few resources fields can be easily rebuilt with a small push. We do have the numbers ;)

      So, continue with your attacks. And wait for the day we wall you ;)
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • Well the most interesting thing here is despite all those catapult attacks on Cheers, their percentage hold over Epidaurum is actually still increasing.


      Forgive me if I am mistaken, but yesterday they had 41% there and today they are on 42%. I guess that's why they're not too fussed about those attacks, they seem to be accomplishing very little right now.

      And the BS debate about gold usage is as old as days, both sides will try and underestimate their own gold usage while over estimating the others.

      I've seen what real gold abuse does to a server, and believe me it's not happening here, yet, thankfully.
      UKx13 - Spera
      UKx14 - Sperandromeda
      UKx29 - Chaos
      UK F&S 3x - Pharaoh
    • That's how cheap it is to merge troops? Wow lol I forgot how cheap it was, on uk20 we had merging and merging like 1000 steppes was expensive I was like lol I'd rather go have a kebab, lmao Travian really need to nerf merging
      UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab.

      Skype: chainsawdaz
      Discord: Daniel#7855
    • Eric Rasputin wrote:

      Who is blaming you for merging troops lol? Anyone can do that.
      Well, we certainly were not the ones who brought up the gold issue.

      Eric Rasputin wrote:

      Have you thought of why we are not defending against your cat attacks? We have so far defended only one which you guys managed to kill. There is something called a strategic retreat. You don't fight a battle you can't win. So we will wait till we can win it. A few resources fields can be easily rebuilt with a small push. We do have the numbers ;)


      So, continue with your attacks. And wait for the day we wall you ;)

      Hmm... what you write sounds good on paper but when I look IG I see a different picture:
      fc06db42c6f631ba6f187b9af3409441
      First we got the defense of the region in an oasis and then we catapulted his neighbours still intact capital despite him "defending" with a stonemace:

      Travian com83
      Travian com83
      Travian com83
      Travian com83
      Travian com83
      Travian com83
      Travian com83
      Travian com83

      Yes, go ahead and wall us. But try to do it while you still have crop fields left. You can calculate how much res we invested in building those catapults and how much those catapults destroyed (calculated in res). I estimate we get a factor of x20, but feel free to calculate it yourself.

      Chaotic wrote:

      Well the most interesting thing here is despite all those catapult attacks on Cheers, their percentage hold over Epidaurum is actually still increasing.


      Forgive me if I am mistaken, but yesterday they had 41% there and today they are on 42%. I guess that's why they're not too fussed about those attacks, they seem to be accomplishing very little right now.

      Well, that argument is a bit short sighted. "Since we still increase our pop your cata attacks are ineffective"
      Imagine how much more pop you'd have built if we had not stopped ~10 villages and made you spent more res in defense instead of pop.

      Chaotic wrote:

      And the BS debate about gold usage is as old as days, both sides will try and underestimate their own gold usage while over estimating the others.


      I've seen what real gold abuse does to a server, and believe me it's not happening here, yet, thankfully.
      True enough on both points.

      chainsawdaz wrote:

      That's how cheap it is to merge troops? Wow lol I forgot how cheap it was, on uk20 we had merging and merging like 1000 steppes was expensive I was like lol I'd rather go have a kebab, lmao Travian really need to nerf merging
      20k res = 1 gold

      It's cheap enough that you can effort to merge a small contingent into a new region but expensive enough that you can't merge whole hammers. I think they struck a rather good balance.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Schneeente ().

    • I tried it, it looks horrible and you don't even understand what is going on.

      We need a working parser, seriously, the troops are wrong since getter does not even understand the different tribes. No use parsing them.
      The reports show 8 times cropfield from lvl 10 to 4 and grain mill + bakery destroyed. (it's one of the biggest capitals cheers! has in the whole region and it was directly next to one of players of which they knew they had catapults. And they did NOT defend that village, not even with scouts. It's unbelievable, they had 2 days to organize the defense because when allesfresser first catapulted that village the owner build a stonemace and allesfresser had not enough catas yet to seriously damage the village, so he took down his 3 neighbours. It was so freaking obvious that we were going to attack that village that I was hesitant to sanction the attack because I suspected a trap, but... well, they talked a good game in discord so the talking at least had the effect to make us very cautious.)

      /edit: Not sure if the history of the attacks really is interesting for the people who read here. But you still got it, be glad you don't have to read our MMs :p)
    • Schneeente wrote:

      ...........And they did NOT defend that village, not even with scouts. It's unbelievable, they had 2 days to organize the defense because when allesfresser first catapulted that village the owner build a stonemace and allesfresser had not enough catas yet to seriously damage the village, so he took down his 3 neighbours. It was so freaking obvious that we were going to attack that village that I was hesitant to sanction the attack because I suspected a trap, but... well, they talked a good game in discord so the talking at least had the effect to make us very cautious.).................
      Another very sophisticated plan, we noobs don't understand, I guess. ;)
      w1 09/10 Trillian DAPH..........................Org 09/10 BlackAngel TdD, Opus
      w1 10/11 Watcher ~V~, DS...................Org 10/11 Abrafax1 IndeX
      tc11 12 Trillian DAPH............................ORG 11/12 Trimurti DT
      tcx8 12/13 DieSchonWieder -US-...........3xOrg 12 Insomnia DD
      tcx3.com 13 IceDroogs EIS....................AEU2 14/15 Shuriken ~TK~
    • Actually on a real server I wouldn't care, don't play for the game I play for the people so yeah lol :D . It's not even a real server and people getting excited over it, spending gold, bragging about stuff and I'm just sitting on the sidelines laughing :asd: :asd: :asd:
      UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab.

      Skype: chainsawdaz
      Discord: Daniel#7855
    • chainsawdaz wrote:

      Actually on a real server I wouldn't care
      Exactly my point. There are so many bad losers around, you are not the first, hehe. Years ago I made an "excuse-list" containing the excuses our enemies made whenever they made a mistake or got beaten or lost a hammer or a cap, whatever.
      And the most frequent statement was "It's just a gaaame dude, calm down"

      Especially funny when people say that who invest 5 times more gold and are online 20h per day and maybe even top raiders.
    • Did you just miss the rest of the post or something (facepalm), 1: I'm not even a loser or an enemy there are no such things as enemies I love everyone 2: I haven't been beaten, 3: I haven't lost a hammer or a cap or whatever lol I'm not even a top raider or spend 20 hours a day on a game, hell lol I literally ROFL'd reading your post 8o you keep up with the assumptions though :nope:
      UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab.

      Skype: chainsawdaz
      Discord: Daniel#7855
    • Schneeente wrote:

      chainsawdaz wrote:

      Actually on a real server I wouldn't care
      Exactly my point. There are so many bad losers around, you are not the first, hehe. Years ago I made an "excuse-list" containing the excuses our enemies made whenever they made a mistake or got beaten or lost a hammer or a cap, whatever.And the most frequent statement was "It's just a gaaame dude, calm down"

      Especially funny when people say that who invest 5 times more gold and are online 20h per day and maybe even top raiders.
      Can you atleast wait a month or 2 beore crying us your lifestory? damn man, chill.
      cash me ousside, how bout dat?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Templar Knight: edit swear word ().

    • Senapsgas lad don't bother lol, he has probably judged you already and will ignore most of what you say until he finds a bit that he can cherry pick and spin some fake stuff about :rolleyes:
      UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab.

      Skype: chainsawdaz
      Discord: Daniel#7855
    • The only one who seems to lack reading skills here is yourself, I can only guess that you aren't fluent in English as it seems that a lot of stuff just flies over ya and I can only put that down to not understanding it.

      You should learn to chill, because at the end of the day it's only a game... :love:
      UK20(1) - Infinity. UKx(28) - Kebab.

      Skype: chainsawdaz
      Discord: Daniel#7855
    • Wonderful defense by SC (Ankhsi) walling off Sam Vimes. Can't post the report because the format is not supportive.

      They were so close to getting that village too .. Damn it lol

      The only question I have is was the deff hidden in Ankhsi's oasis or did it come from elsewhere?
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

      Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

      Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • Tonight we had some action again.


      At one corner of Epidaurum we attacked Cheers!

      371f0c68331e95fa0237af1d251fcef3 + cata waves (talk about gold abusing, his other village has a zoo of the same size^^)




      And on the other corner of Epi they attacked US!! (this happens far too infrequently, not only on this server, but in general!)


      b42520a36d5ea4244badf525ed7db835
      f52e7a55a50c84e7775764270d7b7916
      6450e07e25568329f5b7c6bd82e82aa3
      9b0ea800591891cfbd926e2f81696abc
      eca5ab2362bb830e6254d1a3f8412f66
      988056db3a3203fd103444a8071cd157


      That's it from tonight.





      /edit:

      Eric Rasputin wrote:

      The only question I have is was the deff hidden in Ankhsi's oasis or did it come from elsewhere?
      A good magician never reveals his secrets