Return of NYS-like servers?

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Return of NYS-like servers?

Since most of the NYS servers ended recently, I thought it would be nice to see them happen again for this year, but with some additional features and changes to balance out tribes.
      It's really been a lovely experience playing with 5 tribes and I'd personally like to see it happen again. I know I'm not the only one who liked it, so hopefully I'm not only speaking for myself here. :)

Changes and features:
      - Reinforcing accounts outside of alliance or confederacy is not possible anymore. (This would reduce spiking, which was a major issue previous com29 server)
      - Standard is applied not only to inside alliance, but also for those which you are in confederacy with.
      - Troop forwarding. * (more about it below.)
      - Trade Routes. ** (more about it below.) (Optional)
      - Troops reinforcing an account which left your alliance or a confed ally will return home after a certain amount of time.
      - Egyptian Waterworks should be a bit more expensive. (I believe that's already been made.)
      - The bonus of Waterworks to be reduced from 100% bonus to 50% bonus. This would end up Egyptian capitals having 225% oasis bonus rather than 300%, making it slightly more balanced.
      - Unable to send resources to any played who is not in your alliance or in confederacy with your alliance.
      - Definitely no troop merge!

* - Troop forward would be a strictly inside-alliance feature with an activation time similar to bonuses when switching alliances to prevent abuse of the feature.
      * - Troop speed is derived from the home village. For instance, forwarding troops from a village with Tournament Square level 5 to a village with Tournament Square level 20 does not increase their speed, but keep it at level 5

** - If one has troops parked elsewhere, you could set Trade Routes to that village, but it would only allow you to send a daily sum of resources equal to troop consumption elsewhere.

I hope it's not too much to ask, some of those listed above might be quite strange-ish, but I think it would probably balance things out a bit more. :D

Kind regards,
      sph1nX / Wolkenengel

[2017] si2 - Blobfish
      [2017/18] si1 - .iDKz!
      [2017/18] com29 - sph1nX
      [2018] com83 - Bacardi Time

The post was edited 3 times, last by Wolkenengel ().

• I agree with almost all points except for the traderoutes and the WW reduction to 50%.

My reasoning for this;

Traderoutes
      If you are going to allow people to automate this, people will store every troop elsewhere (in capitals of others) without the risk of cropdeaths. If you intend to hold 1M troops in a village, atleast be online to feed them. The same for longterm def-ops. If feeding is taken out of the equation defence will be easy.

Waterworks
      Limiting waterworks itself ain't a terrible idea, but keep in mind that the offensive troops of Egyptians are terrible and defensive troops are not that insanely strong either. Unless you pump slaves which has the highest def power / minute in the game I think. But those cost insane amounts of crop... So if you were to lower their resource income, increase the price for less production benefit, and not making the offensive troops stronger, the tribe will be quite useless. The strength of Egypt lies in helping it's team with feeding and pumping large amounts of defence (chariots eat alot...) So I'd say stick with 100% but increase the WW price. If you intend to lower WW-stats, increase troop effectiveness...

PS: Troopforwarding surely would be nice but not required at all. Timing is a large part of travian, so that can remain as is for me too.
    • As you know, I also played NYS and really liked the experience. So, I am also in. (Actually I am fine even with how it was). Maybe standard should work also on confeds - that would be really useful.

Troop forwarding feature in WW-scenario will result in really unexpected movements (like WW-def being kept somewhere else in a storage village close to WW, but with the option to NPC and be sent to targeted WW-attacks). Though I can see appeal in that for WW-builders, ability to keep large defence on WW is essential part of the game as well as ability to send timed def for large targets.

When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.
    • Merging is here to stay. It's too lucrative to discontinue.
      Yes, I've built my fair share of WWs. Won a few, lost a few. Played far too many rounds for far too long. Made a lot friends and enemies.

Yes, I've played as an anvil and as a hammer. I'm only playing now because of all the friendship I have built over the past ten years. I love Travian but I love the community even more.

Envy me for I have everything, Fear me for I have nothing to lose.
    • Ameno wrote:

As you know, I also played NYS and really liked the experience. So, I am also in. (Actually I am fine even with how it was). Maybe standard should work also on confeds - that would be really useful.

Troop forwarding feature in WW-scenario will result in really unexpected movements (like WW-def being kept somewhere else in a storage village close to WW, but with the option to NPC and be sent to targeted WW-attacks). Though I can see appeal in that for WW-builders, ability to keep large defence on WW is essential part of the game as well as ability to send timed def for large targets.
      Agreed, the troop forwarding (which I said would be nice in my previous post) actually might be a terrible idea. You would just cluster 8 villages around WW, keep all important artifacts there, have 5-6 large anvils in the UD/LD village and move them to every village once it is under attack. Would be almost impossible to have a 'steal' (non op related) since you can just move troops there easily.

Have to agree that part of the entire end-game planning is defense distribution and placement.
    • Thanks a lot for numbers provided :)

It was a lovely experience play with news tribe such as egyptians and huns. And as we can see on screen provided the % of players who choose huns and egyptians is nearly half of the total player, normal because it's a special server made to play new features (and in this case : new tribes).

It certainly was not a surprise that top20 def is mostly trusted by egyptians. Enormous potential in difensives troops. Big up for the hun who managed to get at the 11° def position.
      In top atk we mostly see huns and teutons. No gauls nor egyptians (how surprising...).

I will not talk about old tribes, nothing new nor rilevant about them.

Egyptians :
      Waterwork structure in the beginning may unbalanced production at their advantage. Cropfield lvl 19 can be reached at day 60/65 and a good player may invest more than any other tribe in troops or pc production. I heard this structure got a revision for PtP. Is a permanent modification or ?
      Are slave militia or guardian the best defending unit for egyptian ? Got same feedback, all differents. Please feel free to exprim yours.

Huns :
      Tribe mostly designed as an offensive role. Little inconvenient are the catapults with their small damage (even lower than german ones :( )
      For defensive part i got no review because all the huns i played with were off. Maybe ask disaster ?
      The fact you can make three chiefs everywhere is a big advantage for mid game (day 80 -> 200 more or less).

For WW hammer, they were mostly teutonic and roman, right ? Did an egyptian managed to do a WWHammer? Could have been fun :D

In general :
      Honestly i didn't see the difference between a reduced map instead of a bigger one (400x400 or 800x800). Maybe it's because i don't enjoy to play far away from 0/0 and neither my alliance :p

Except the new tribe and the smaller map, i don't think they were other news for this special server.

Wolkenengel wrote:

Changes and features:
      - Reinforcing accounts outside of alliance or confederacy is not possible anymore. (This would reduce spiking, which was a major issue previous com29 server)
      - Standard is applied not only to inside alliance, but also for those which you are in confederacy with.
      - Troop forwarding. * (more about it below.)
      - Troops reinforcing an account which left your alliance or a confed ally will return home after a certain amount of time.
      - Egyptian Waterworks should be a bit more expensive. (I believe that's already been made.)
      - The bonus of Waterworks to be reduced from 100% bonus to 50% bonus. This would end up Egyptian capitals having 225% oasis bonus rather than 300%, making it slightly more balanced.
      - Unable to send resources to any played who is not in your alliance or in confederacy with your alliance.
      - Definitely no troop merge!"
      The new server, PtP, already provided to fixed same propositions you made such as :
      -Reinforcing accounts outside of alliance or confederacy is not possible anymore.
      -Egyptian Waterworks should be a bit more expensive
      The real question is : will the change can be set on Travian Legends too ?

That will be damn nice to have this feature. In order to feed some wall we used small confusion to allows trade route (it was a small server so noones care about theses artifacts 8) ) but in server with 3k+ registered players it could be a little more problematic.

Seems logic, once you can switch alliance to use this but now with the bonuses it's a little more unconvenient.

- Definitely no troop merge!"
      Pls don't.

#GangDeiCantieri