Day 1 The Escape

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Day 1 The Escape

To His Imperial Majesty,

Much has happened since my last entry here, but at least I got my diary back and can keep noting my observations.
    The Roman senator Gnaeus Titianus was right – the world has changed entirely. The ancient power of our artifacts is now placed behind unbreakable walls and guarded by huge armies. Many local wars are raging between people for that power; villages are being destroyed and conquered all the time. The main mystery behind these scattered lands has now become apparent: One lord can rule all five tribes.
    The senator was really interested in our tribe's history. People do not know much. While talking to him, I had the feeling that he had some other thoughts. For some reason, he hurried back to the capital of his Empire, but he told the Huns, who seemed to be obeying his orders, to keep me here until his return.
    I may walk freely around the Huns' camp, but this freedom is just an illusion. I am as much a prisoner there as when I spent those days cramped in a small cell in a Gaul village. Nenet visits me at night, avoiding the camp during the day; the Huns are famous for their sharpshooting bowmen. They see no threat in my presence. For a long time, our tribe can be met here only in abandoned villages. The Horn of Natars – the mighty artifact that makes us weaker against those who hold it – is sold in the local auction for just 100 silver pieces and mostly serves as a wall ornament for their homes.
    I was still awake when I heard some noises coming from the rally point. I hurried over there and saw a group of steppe riders animatedly discussing something with their leader, a Roman hero, who was sitting atop a thoroughbred and wearing Boots of the Warrior. As I approached, I managed to overhear what they were discussing:
    An attack launched at midnight is coming from the Gaul village located 74 tiles away from Askuzai. The total travel time of the incoming troops is two hours. The attacking Gaul hero is wearing Boots of Health and a shield. The Huns decided to hide resources in the crannies and follow the troops home to kill them the second they return. They figured out that the tournament square in the Huns' village is ten levels higher than in Gauls'.
    A wave of excitement washed over me. The guards will be too busy letting the steppe riders out the gates at that time and wouldn't notice an extra person silently joining them. This was my chance to escape.

Task: Calculate the time when the counter-attack will be launched and help Shu escape.

Hint: Please remember that the Tournament Square has double effect on Path to Pandora servers. To solve this task, you can use Kirilloid Travian calculator.

The post was edited 1 time, last by dario ().

• The incoming troops are Theutates Thunders and the Gauls' TS level is 10. No hero benefit. They take 2 hours to reach Huns' village and 2 hours to return. So they return to their village at 04:00:00. The Huns' follow home should land at that time itself. Huns' hero has Boots of warrior and slowest unit is Steppe Rider. Accounting for all that, their travel time is 1:51:49 with TS level 20. So they must launch at 02:08:11 to land dot at 04:00:00 and kill returning troops.

Recker
    Au2
  • the gaul troops attacking will be TT and hero, with TS lvl 10. they will arrive home 4 hours after the attack was lauched at midnight, therefore at 04.00
    thus the huns TS is lvl 20. Steppe riders take 1:51:49 travel time with boots of the warrior effect. therefore the steppe riders should launch at 02:08:11 in order to follow the gauls home
  • TTs are incoming from a village with a level 10 tournament square. Steppe riders would take exactly 1:55:30 to follow them home with a level 20 tournament square.
    However, there is a hero with the Steppe Riders. One wearing boots of the Warrior.
    This reduces their travel time to 1:51:49.
    Therefore, the troops need to leave exactly 8 minutes and 11 seconds after the Gaul troops hit the village.

Currently playing as Spring on UK4
  • Here is the answer to the Day 1

The Huns should launch their counter-attack at 02:08:11

The winners are:

1)Recker
    2)Excel

The gold vouchers will be send through private message.

PS: The eligibility criteria for the winner is :State your nickname and server played when giving the answer to the riddle.