Poll: New name for gameworlds!

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Poll: New name for gameworlds!

My pick for the new gameworld name 142
        ts1.nordics.travian.com (82) 58%
        ts1.north.travian.com (29) 20%
        ts1.norden.travian.com (17) 12%
        something else (share it in this thread) (14) 10%
      Dear players from Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden!

We would like to ask for your help in deciding which of these 3 names would be the best option for our merged servers?

These 3 names came up in almost all domains, and now it's your time to vote for your favorite. The final decision will be made by your Travian team.

You are free to discuss our picks: North, Norden and Nordics in this thread, or share your own idea for server name.

What we are looking for:
      • Name should be short and simple to write (no need to guess which letters to use)
      • Name should not be copyrighted or out of the context
      • Name should not favor certain nationalities over others
      • Bonus: Name carries a meaning that fits the Travian lore & Nordic lore
      You can only vote once, but you can change your vote. Voting ends on Sunday 7th of October 22:00 Gmt+2, and we should have the name picked for you soon after.

Happy voting and have a great weekend!

Your Travian team

The post was edited 4 times, last by Samisu ().

• Samisu wrote:

Dear players from Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden!

We would like to ask for your help in deciding which of these 3 names would be the best option for our merged servers?

These 3 names came up in almost all domains, and now it's your time to vote for your favorite. The final decision will be made by your Travian team.

You are free to discuss our picks: North, Norden and Nordics in this thread, or share your own idea for server name.

What we are looking for:
      • Name should be short and simple to write (no need to guess which letters to use)
      • Name should not be copyrighted or out of the context
      • Name should not favor certain nationalities over others
      • Bonus: Name carries a meaning that fits the Travian lore & Nordic lore
      You can only vote once, but you can change your vote. Voting ends on Sunday 7th of October 22:00 Gmt+2, and we should have the name picked for you soon after.

Happy voting and have a great weekend!

Your Travian team
      ts1.nordics.travian.com
      Freke er en af odin`s 2 ulve som vogtede ved hans side.
    • Now we are merging this 4 domains (SE, NO, FI and DK) and I think it will be very good! I don't think we should "get rid" of any of these domains, because I think this will be good for the community! Larger domains means more players ---> more fun to play.

When I played on DK-server, I sometimes had to write in english because some danish players didn't understand my swedish. I also had to use google translate to understand some things the danish players wrote.

Let's have fun together!
    • Scandinavia=Norway, Denmark and Sweden
      Scandinavian Penninsula=Norway, Sweden and North-Finland
      Fennoscandia=Norway, Sweden, Finland and Murmansk Oblast (Russia)

Either way, ts1.nordic.travian.com is the best option by far. Not Nordics, but Nordic.
      It is like Sheep vs Sheeps.
      You don't have several Nordics, the same way you don't have several easts, souths or wests. You have one Nordic, with several countries. Hence, Nordic countries. The nordics is a slang term, and the term Nordics isn't used in any literate book or article. I get OCD from this, but please. It sounds dumb and silly. Use Nordic and NOT Nordics.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aplasado ().

• Lemon wrote:

Change it to nordic instead of nordics...smh

And maybe a good idea to get rid of Finland in the merge while we are at it...That way we can merge the forums aswell, since Danes, Swedes and Norwegians can all understand each other.
      To be fair this sounds pretty good, at least we don't have to suffer from level of gameplay falling down that much.
      Fix3-Fix10 / Fix21 Märkä-Simo @ PK / Fix22 Last Season @ HUNT / Fix23 Chuck Bass @ GG / Fix24 Reddington @ KK / Fix25 Nemo @ Didney / Fix26 Hugh Hefner @ AD / Fix27 Demeter @ Olympos / Fix28 MAUNOMATO @ MNK
    • @Qummi Please tell the mad people to go away :(

You’ll clearly misunderstood...First of all, the comment wasn’t serious in any way shape or form, but don’t think it comes to a surprise to you, that finish is a lot different from the other languages...I will be more than happy for TG to enforce English on a merged forum in the future.

• Lemon wrote:

You’ll clearly misunderstood...First of all, the comment wasn’t serious in any way shape or form, but don’t think it comes to a surprise to you, that finish is a lot different from the other languages...I will be more than happy for TG to enforce English on a merged forum in the future.
      To make it clear, mine wasn't either :D But yeah, I understand.

Oh and @Qummi = biggest noob of Finnish Travian scene 8)
      Fix3-Fix10 / Fix21 Märkä-Simo @ PK / Fix22 Last Season @ HUNT / Fix23 Chuck Bass @ GG / Fix24 Reddington @ KK / Fix25 Nemo @ Didney / Fix26 Hugh Hefner @ AD / Fix27 Demeter @ Olympos / Fix28 MAUNOMATO @ MNK
    • Lemon wrote:

@Qummi Please tell the mad people to go away :(

Oh poor Lemon, one does not simply come to the Nordic forum to diss finns, even as a joke. We are very proud people you know. :whistling:
      Kakkalista, Spedet@fix14 | Hopeless, AA-Kerho@fix17 | Attila, LIIGA@fix18 | Gustavo Gaviria, -EM-@fix21 | Zeus, Olympos@fix27
      I Need A Hero!, Ilotytöt@fi2 | PelottavaPontso, Kiira@fi4 | Ruhtinas, FGD@fi4
      Oliver Queen@com2x PTR | Tutkija, SD@ukx25 | Resira, T1R@comx