New EN Language Pack - Sooner Not Later (UK Edition)

    By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

    • New EN Language Pack - Sooner Not Later (UK Edition)

      While we are still waiting for clarification as to when the unified language pack will be added, I (and others) are of the opinion it should be added sooner rather than later. I think it is important that this be made clear to the powers that be that this is important to us.

      I took a gander at the embassies ("game world" forums to use the new forum nomenclature) and counted a combined 36 threads that have been active since August across the 3 domains in the 1-7 forums. ( I ignored x3 because that is rather messy) Those are the only sections of the forum where they is any conflict of adding the new combined language pack. About 1/3 of those were active simply because someone was dumpster diving into old and otherwise dead threads. (This is a big issue with the x3 threads and hence why they were left out of my count)

      I believe it is entirely reasonable that those threads and the few that might be created over the next 5 months can co-exist relatively peacefully on the single language pack. All other sections of the forum will have absolute no conflict. Either an official tag can be created (not sure on the ease of adding on the tech front) OR a simple [US] [UK] etc. added to a threads title (and enforced by the Mods)

      The only reason I can see that can delay this is the technical implementation of the language pack and the work that the staff will need to do to move the threads. However I suspect working on these threads will be infinitely easier than it was in the merging of the forums last year.

      We the people ask that the new EN language pack be added ASAP.

      (P.S I would personally request we see more archiving of old threads. Are there any guidelines as to when that function is utilized?)

      (P.P.S The HoF is another issue but that needs a lot of effort to organize and rebuild it any, though less so the UK. They have down a pretty good job with it.)
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

      Carni wrote:

      God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play
    • If you read the first line you would know I was aware of the other thread and that Sommer is looking into it. However in the event that the answers that are brought back are unsatisfactory I thought I would get a jump on making sure HQ knows where some of us stand on the issue. It wouldn't be the first time (however rare) that they have changed course due to community feedback.
      Veteran Legends Site|Join Our Discord
      Community Feedback | Game Encyclopedia | History Anthology | 3rd-Party Tool Modernization

      Carni wrote:

      God I would kill to have like 4 of you on every team I play
    • BlackBlade wrote:

      If you read the first line you would know I was aware of the other thread and that Sommer is looking into it. However in the event that the answers that are brought back are unsatisfactory I thought I would get a jump on making sure HQ knows where some of us stand on the issue. It wouldn't be the first time (however rare) that they have changed course due to community feedback.
      so you knew it was being looked at?

      So you’re what? Fishing for likes?
    • notorious crunchie wrote:

      BlackBlade wrote:

      If you read the first line you would know I was aware of the other thread and that Sommer is looking into it. However in the event that the answers that are brought back are unsatisfactory I thought I would get a jump on making sure HQ knows where some of us stand on the issue. It wouldn't be the first time (however rare) that they have changed course due to community feedback.
      so you knew it was being looked at?
      So you’re what? Fishing for likes?
      Just getting his post count up ;)

      UKX7 gettertools.com/speed.travian.co.uk.4/kb/UD1raN3k

      Carrothead wrote:

      I think I'll name a pig oInky in memory of you. :p